Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    ursopro said:
    Why is Drax another "essential" character?

Will you ever consider new players before developing new events?
    Everyone has to go through this until you build your roster.  This is part of the game and you have to suck it up.  You play what you can and that's it. 

You will eventually get up to Thanos levels that will eviscerate your team almost immediately, because the Boss fights are not scaled to your roster.  That you are also going to have to deal with, then move onto the fights you can do.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    3 Iron fist, quicksilver and 4cyc
    it even feels like a puzzle. you either get yourself in a winfinite position or you get oneshoted in later rounds.
    but with that board manipulation it needs a really unlucky board to not get either
    - enough purple to flood the board with black
    - enough black to collect purple or a gem

• Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    The Infinity Stones. Powerful enough to command the fabric of the Multiverse. But not strong enough to true heal you heroes. D3 > Infinity Stones 
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Tried IW/Coulson/SWitch a few times and eventually switched to Drax/Coulson/SWitch and have been using that for better results into round 6.  My Drax is champed so he's the tank to take the hits and if I get 30ap gem he's got two colors for spamable big damage (red and black).  Otherwise it's Switch feeding purple to Coulson and him matching gem tiles and gaining ap with it.  Her green helps for ap too (just avoid the gem tiles).  May switch back to IW for invisibility in the last rounds but so far this is doing the trick with no problem.

Not to jinx it, but does Thanos' health seem lower than most bosses?  In rd 6 he's got 20k health, I could have sworn the CW bosses and Galactus were above 30k at that same point.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Insert25c said:
    The Infinity Stones. Powerful enough to command the fabric of the Multiverse. But not strong enough to true heal you heroes. D3 > Infinity Stones 

I'm happy they get healed even if it's burst! This is the first boss event I haven't had to use a healthpack.. actually I shouldn't say that too loud.. umm.. I've used so many healthpacks this event!
  • macgawel
    macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Part of the game is having to use your roster strategically health packs ands so need to spend money
    FYP :p
  • Tatercat
    edited April 2017
    sh81 said:
    At the moment the nodes seem easy, frankly, and Thanos isnt that scary given his relative lack of health.

Which probably means when the next round unlocks scaling will have kicked in and he is suddenly indestructably strong with a ridiculous nuke on his countdown...
    Yeah, at the 24hr mark today (noon EST) you'll see the mission nodes jump about 100, if not 200, levels like they usually do in these events.  Thanos won't be effected by that but in round 7 he'll probably double his gauntlet countdown damage to 12k, if the jump from rd 5 to rd 6 was any indication.  

Still,  the gem "X factor" is keeping this a fun event so far.

And the Jim Starlin nerd in me loves that it's been Drax bringing down Thanos in most of my fights so far.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far this is my favorite boss event.  As long as side node scaling doesn't jump exponentially it will stay that way.  It seems like the developers have learned from some past mistakes.  
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Tatercat said:
    In rd 6 he's got 20k health, I could have sworn the CW bosses and Galactus were above 30k at that same point.
    It was 27k for Ultron, 28.4k in CW. As all events had 3 mil. points required for 6th round, it means that Thanos needs to be beaten more times to finish it. It was the case for all rounds so far. If we simply divide round points by boss HP we get for Ultron/Thanos
    1. 12/14
    2. 14/18
    3. 31/40
    4. 62/76
    5. 98/121
    6. 111/143
    7. 120/???
    8. 166/???
    The number of needed successful fights is less due to side nodes points. But those seem similar for both events so they don't affect much the difference of numbers of needed fights between events.

For our alliance (aXe reavers, usually top 1-2 pve):
    Ultron - 40 min after 2nd refresh of nodes we finished round 6 and before 3rd refresh we have beaten 3.6 million points of round 7
    Thanos - it is now over 4 hours after 2nd refresh and we still need 930k points to beat round 6.

• Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Is anyone keeping track of the required characters?
  • Tatercat
    edited April 2017
    sh81 said:
    I havent used Drax yet, mine isnt especially well covered.  What is the advantage to him for you?
    He is boosted for this event, so his health is largest available to me right now at 35K (he's champed).  His black is doing 15K damage in the event, plus 2500+ per countdown (there's always at least one thanks to S Witch or Coulson in this team.)  His red does 9K+, 16K if done early enough (Thanos above 90% health).  So if I get either black or red from the 30ap gem, then that's 2 blacks (17K + 17K) or 3 reds (at least 27K) I can fire off.  Even if I don't, Coulson's swapping or S Witch's green can grab enough ap to fire either multiple times, not counting the infinity gems that also do damage.

Outside of this event, boosted or unboosted, he's just below mid tier (thanks to his purple ending turns and the normally high cost of black), but in this particular event I'm really enjoying him.  However unless he gets a rework, that's too limited a situation to make him a anything but a qualified recommendation.  And I have doubts this team will last past round 7, if that.
  • Tatercat
    edited April 2017
    sh81 said:
    My Drax is at 1/2/2, 7245 health (unboosted) - do you think hes worth giving a try?
    Nah, this late in the rounds, I would stick with that GG/S Witch/Gwenpool combo if its still working for you.   Been thinking of working GP in myself for the reasons you mentioned.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    My A-Team for Thanos is definitely X-Wolvie (5/5/3), Ant-Man (5/5/3) and Drax (5/3/5) (all championed). It´s a full rainbow team so you can use any color from destroying the Mind Gem!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of the sub nodes are 1-shot nodes that give 10 xp per win and have a single 500 iso prize.

I seem to recall earlier boss events having 4 prizes on these sub nodes, even though you can only clear them once.  

If this is a new change, it is a very good one.  So thanks to demi.  

(And if this is an old change, then shame on me for missing it.)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Kudos to the dev team for a really great event design! I enjoy having the boss fight allow for some interesting strategies and thought, and the fact that some different characters excel.

In previous boss events I always found myself trying to find an optimum team and then using that for every boss battle. But here I've been trying multiple different combinations with characters that typically don't get a lot of play like Gwenpool and Elektra and having a lot of fun experimenting. 

Great job!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone tried Invisible woman? The infinity gem tiles say they do things if matched or destroyed, matching a locked tile usually lets it count to unlock it so it can be matched again. Wonder if you can double dip those infinity tiles
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far I've been running champ 4* Star-Lord (red hits for >5K damage without countdowns on the board), R&G (green packs a wallop if it's got 30 AP, and the blue strikes are nasty) and lately Black Panther to complete the rainbow. We're only in round 4 so it's still pretty workable. We'll see how round 5 plays out. I doubt my alliance will get any farther than 6.

This is the most "puzzle" I've seen in MPQ in my entire >2yr play time. Why's it taken so tinykitty long?
  • Tatercat
    edited April 2017
    Straycat said:
    Has anyone tried Invisible woman? The infinity gem tiles say they do things if matched or destroyed, matching a locked tile usually lets it count to unlock it so it can be matched again. Wonder if you can double dip those infinity tiles
    I used her and do remember a yellow gem getting locked, but I don't recall it double dipping, just clearing when the tile was matched.  But it was late last night so I could be wrong.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unlocking a locked (or fortified) tile generally doesn't count as matching it. They don't even do damage or generate AP.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I think it does for Medusa and Mr Fantastic. I could just be thinking of fortified tiles, but I'm pretty sure it works for both. Since the wording on the tiles specifically say destroyed or matched, it might be worth a try.