Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Just hope to get lucky with Luke Cage and get 30 black AP. Game over.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Just hope to get lucky with Luke Cage and get 30 black AP. Game over.
    I was going to bring Hulkbuster along for the possible 30 AP punch, but it's too risky. As another poster stated, Bl4de at 30 red is quite likely to be the most possible total damage output, if you can last long enough. 
    With my luck it will be in the color for which I don't have an active ability. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mark70 said:
    In previous boss events, didn't the individual nodes unlock everytime you beat a round? Just cleared everything in round 1, then an alliance member finished to progress to round 2, the boss unlocked, which I beat, but now everything is locked for hours.
    I can't recall a boss event where the individual nodes unlocked too. Maybe the original Ultron runs which had two separate pages (the second being the Ultron Prime boss fight), if anything, but I don't think so.

These Boss Event runs have been hit or miss on unlocking the Main Node when reaching a new round, and am happy that this is an event where you get those extra tries.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone tried using Thanos yet? 
    If you place Infinite Power prior to his gauntlet CD going off, can he charge the tiles? Can he destroy them? Wonder what the damage would then be.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Any tips for gaining as many personal rewards for this event? Or is it simply a case of "Beat Thanos, beat node, Beat Thanos, etc & then wait 8 hours"? 

I'm at just under 50k points after reaching the first lockout, and 900,000 sounds a long way off unless I'm missing something?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banjo said:
    Any tips for gaining as many personal rewards for this event? Or is it simply a case of "Beat Thanos, beat node, Beat Thanos, etc & then wait 8 hours"? 

I'm at just under 50k points after reaching the first lockout, and 900,000 sounds a long way off unless I'm missing something?
    Each round, Thanos will have more health and earn more points. Same with the side nodes, but less so. Unless you have champed 4's, I would not count on beating higher rounds....
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banjo said:

Each round is worth more than the last.  Unfortunately, if your alliance isn't helping you won't get to the later rounds where the big points are.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    So far, this event has been a blast! Well done!
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Banjo said:

Each round is worth more than the last.  Unfortunately, if your alliance isn't helping you won't get to the later rounds where the big points are.
    Ah, fair enough. Just making sure I wasn't missing a trick!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Anyone try Spiderwoman's purple? She removes 6 tiles, so she should take out all the infinity gems at once. Also curious if it works on the gauntlet tile. Gonna try it in 6-1/2  hours when he unlocks again.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    This doesn't affect me, but any newer players in S4/5 PvE without an Antman cover and banking on the t10 rewards were screwed by the Antman essential in the first refresh... I thought this was fixed last time.

I'm thinking a team of tank hawkguy (5 black) and coulson might be interesting, but I'm going to have to see how much damage Thanos does in later rounds. In the first few, his gauntlet did such puny damage that it didn't matter...
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Straycat said:
    Anyone try Spiderwoman's purple? She removes 6 tiles, so she should take out all the infinity gems at once. Also curious if it works on the gauntlet tile. Gonna try it in 6-1/2  hours when he unlocks again.
    She removes the Infinity gems (which you do not get credit for) and does not remove the countdown tile.  I would suggest not using it.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quicksilver, 3* Bullseye, and 1* Hawkeye also come to mind, in addition to Coulson.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I had a thoroughly satisfying evil chuckle when I brought 4Blade, and received 30 red AP from the massive random AP gain gem. Fun! I've been using 4Blade, 4Carol, and Wasp so far. 

That's it! Gain the 30 AP from the blue gem.. bring Agent Venom for board shake galore! He's the key for saving our universe!
    You are genius.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    waywreth said:
    Straycat said:
    She removes the Infinity gems (which you do not get credit for) and does not remove the countdown tile.  I would suggest not using it.
    Along those lines, Star-Lord overwrites the gems (also no credit) and cannot swipe the gauntlet.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, this event has been a blast! Well done!
    Sadly, that is unlikely to continue to be the case, when they don't break an event right from the start, even the good ones turn into a fairly tedious slog as soon as the downright abusive scaling kicks in. 
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    This is a super fun event!  Love the Infinity Gems!!!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I have to admit that this is  my favorite boss /alliance event I have played in mpq to date.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Why is Drax another "essential" character?

Will you ever consider new players before developing new events?
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Wasn't one of the progress rewards going to be a 3* Hawkeye?  Just saw it was switched to Rocket & Groot.  That stinks, but makes sense given it's a GotG event.