** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

1131415161719»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot what a beast Ares is. Don't get me wrong - his green and yellow pretty much single-handedly got me through the 2-star tier, and whenever I'm fighting against him in PvE I feel the sting. But having him boosted for the Luck Be a Lady sub in Rocket & Groot... he out-performs most 3-stars and even a few 4-stars and I'm reminded of his awesomeness.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - to all those new to the game and playing in the 2-star tier:

Forget all the nonsense about 'storm-neto', 'Thorverine', 'Hawk-neto', or anything else that doesn't involve Ares kicking the crud out of your opposition all by his lonesome. All that other jazz is just Ares' back-up.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu wrote:
    I forgot what a beast Ares is. Don't get me wrong - his green and yellow pretty much single-handedly got me through the 2-star tier, and whenever I'm fighting against him in PvE I feel the sting. But having him boosted for the Luck Be a Lady sub in Rocket & Groot... he out-performs most 3-stars and even a few 4-stars and I'm reminded of his awesomeness.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - to all those new to the game and playing in the 2-star tier:

Forget all the nonsense about 'storm-neto', 'Thorverine', 'Hawk-neto', or anything else that doesn't involve Ares kicking the crud out of your opposition all by his lonesome. All that other jazz is just Ares' back-up.

I fondly remember the days of riding the edge as I horded AP and running rough numbers in my head to see if I had enough green to one-shot a person. Good times.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:

Well there's no reason to send him in by himself. I personally advocate "War-m-neto" ie Ares, Magneto, Storm. Ares tanks for Storm much better than Thor does.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

Well there's no reason to send him in by himself. I personally advocate "War-m-neto" ie Ares, Magneto, Storm. Ares tanks for Storm much better than Thor does.
    I Think Thor is recommended because he can feed Storm green AP so she can use Lightning Strike and keep the cycle going.
    Ares is absolutely badass though. In the first few runs of Prodigal Sun it was Always hilarious when I had to deal with a high level Hulk in one of the essential nodes and just sent in Ares to deal with him.