**** Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) ****

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I'd really like to see numbers on his yellow countdown tiles as well as what his purple does at 5 covers at max level.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Commander Strike tiles strength ~130, Sniper damage ~1100 (plus tile damage I'd imagine), Spy ~550 team damage.

Best Laid Plans ~1700 damage
  • DesertTortoise
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Commander Strike tiles strength ~130, Sniper damage ~1100 (plus tile damage I'd imagine), Spy ~550 team damage.

Best Laid Plans ~1700 damage

Great! Thanks for that! All at level 270 I imagine?
  • Jaedenkaal
    That's all 270, yes. Roughly.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Loving him...
    ok, not the most powerful character in the world... certainly not at the covers I have...

But seriously fun and interesting to use....

His Yellow is expensive by quite hits hard and ups the countdown count for the blue

His Blue is reasonable AP steal...

His Purple is awesome... at 3 covers you can swap any two basic tiles after charging them... set up a match 5 and you get 7 AP there and then... on a decent board 8 Purple becomes 10 of anything else...

His passives are amusing... AP gain and damage and countdown tile speeding up are all fun...

Looking forward to trying him with Falcaptain and Chulk... 14 AP for red is a lot less scary with the purple power, and falcon matching blue to speed up chulk countdown which in turn accelerates green and triggers AP gain....

There are a number of characters that he seems to benefit... and having a play around is fun.

I did blow some CP to get his purple and yellow up to a couple of covers in order to be a little more effective and I am very glad I did icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking Coulson, Bl4de and C4rol would be a solid team. Pump out strikes with Blade and Carol, Coulson throws out tons of countdowns for buffing and hampers enemy AP generation. Strikes plus Blade passive and Coulson blue CDs murder everything in a few turns.
  • Jaedenkaal
    The Best Laid Plans passive works if you make a Team-Up match that puts you over 6 T/U AP. So that's nice.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coulson works really well with Hawkguy and Starlord.

Once the enemy team activates anything, the Full Quiver cost drops to 3 bluetile.png . Matching enemy tiles gives 2 bluetile.png . Each Arrow countdown is matched by one of Coulson's Super Secret Tech countdowns. Up to 2 random AP every time a countdown expires. Every time the enemy does anything, Starlord gets a countdown, and his redtile.png power does damage based on the countdowns on the board.

Wonderful pure chaos. Super fun.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Coulson works really well with Hawkguy and Starlord.

Once the enemy team activates anything, the Full Quiver cost drops to 3 bluetile.png . Matching enemy tiles gives 2 bluetile.png . Each Arrow countdown is matched by one of Coulson's Super Secret Tech countdowns. Up to 2 random AP every time a countdown expires. Every time the enemy does anything, Starlord gets a countdown, and his redtile.png power does damage based on the countdowns on the board.

Wonderful pure chaos. Super fun.

Yup. Hilarity ensues. I only have Coulson at 0/1/1 so I've been using 3* Iron Man instead. Equally hilarious. Fire recharge, wait for Everyone With Me. Unload full quiver in one turn. Punch the **** out of everyone.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I finally got around to making my videos of Coulson. First link is the analysis of Coulson, second is seeing him on different teams.
    https://youtu.be/e3Yyk2uCg3Y

https://youtu.be/4aLctRdLshg

Definitely a bit hard finding teams with AP outlets in every color. Red and yellow and purple and blue are not an issue, it is usually finding teams with green and black actives. Only teams that had black actives were Kingpin and Cap Marvel. For green, only WM, who by the way is not so bad with SL and Coulson. Might've finally found a team he isn't horrible on. Overall I would describe Coulson as a top tier PvE character and bottom tier PvP. The reasoning is not just because of the fact Coulson's skills rely on timing and placement (like actually making matches with his purple), but also because the AI doesn't use the same skill more than once a turn, and you can of need to do that to get the most out of Coulson. There are a surprisingly large number of partners for Coulson that work well.
  • DesertTortoise
    notamutant: Great videos, like that you split them up now.

My Coulson's only 3/3/3, but I think I'd default to using him at 5/3/5 but could change that depending on his teammates. I don't think anyone should pass up on having his yellow and blue at least at 4 each. His blue stealing 15 AP is too good to pass up since it should be relatively easy to have 5 countdowns out with any team you put him on. His purple is a massively useful skill but at 3 covers, you already get the most out of the active use of it.

5/5/3 is pretty much the only option in his Crash.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    do we have confirmed damage numbers for the various tiles in Yellow at different covers... ?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Gmax101 wrote:
    do we have confirmed damage numbers for the various tiles in Yellow at different covers... ?
    The damage of each tile doesn't change at different cover levels, you just get more or different tiles (similar to Maggia Pawns).
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Gmax101 wrote:
    The damage of each tile doesn't change at different cover levels, you just get more or different tiles (similar to Maggia Pawns).

That is incorrect. Check my video.

https://youtu.be/e3Yyk2uCg3Y?t=3m35s

3 covers strike tile is 168. Sniper is 1100. Spy 541.

4 covers strike tile is 189, sniper is 1337, spy is 692.

5 covers strike tiles stay the same but you have two, sniper is 2480, spy is 1298.
  • Jaedenkaal
    notamutant wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Gmax101 wrote:

That is incorrect. Check my video.

https://youtu.be/e3Yyk2uCg3Y?t=3m35s

3 covers strike tile is 168. Sniper is 1100. Spy 541.

4 covers strike tile is 189, sniper is 1337, spy is 692.

5 covers strike tiles stay the same but you have two, sniper is 2480, spy is 1298.

Oh, my bad. My spreadsheet has some explaining to do...
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to get very lucky with recent draws, so I've already champed my Coulson, and in the current Thick as Thieves event, in which he and Star-Lord are both boosted (and champed), I'm having a hella good time. I've been teaming them with 4Clops (also boosted/champed).

With SL's Everyone with Me you can spam Cyke's yellow which is regularly triggering C's Super Secret Tech. Chase Team-up tiles to get red from Uncanny Strategist while regularly triggering Best Laid Plans.

Before you know it you're constantly cycling through half-dozen or so countdowns at a time, regularly triggering Call the Calvary. All this amounts to tons of free AP from the passives and resulting board-shake/cascades from all the countdowns going off...

Then you can really cut loose the actives: Cyke's Combined Forces and Called Shot (more free AP!) are both heavy hitters, and SL's Sleight of Hand contributes to the countdown fun, damage, and board control (overwriting enemy special times).

Because of the color overlap and superior results of the above actives, I wasn't using Coulson's much, just abusing his passives, but there were times when his active utility helped out, too.

About the only drawback to the team (besides missing active black and green powers), was the inability to save 10 Team-ups to get a boosted Combined Forces shot. However, the rapid succession of "low" power CF shots meant I didn't really miss it.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Felonius wrote:
    About the only drawback to the team (besides missing active black and green powers), was the inability to save 10 Team-ups to get a boosted Combined Forces shot. However, the rapid succession of "low" power CF shots meant I didn't really miss it.
    With the number of countdowns you're getting with that team, maybe you should consider using SL's red instead of Cyke's? With 6 countdowns Quill hits for almost 10k damage for measly 6AP (and that's unboosted at 270!) - much better ratio than Combined Forces. You could then respec Cyclops to 3/5/5 for maximum red AP generation and SL to either 3/5/5 or 5/3/5, whichever you like more.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Piro_plock wrote:
    ...you should consider using SL's red instead of Cyke's? With 6 countdowns Quill hits for almost 10k damage for measly 6AP (and that's unboosted at 270!) - much better ratio than Combined Forces. You could then respec Cyclops to 3/5/5 for maximum red AP generation and SL to either 3/5/5 or 5/3/5, whichever you like more.
    Great idea, thanks! I'll give it a try. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah I always prioritize star lord red over cyke. Less ap and more damage if you can set up the board.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Really liking his purple power Best Laid Plans. It speeds up AP in so many colors, and works incredibly well to get my newly champed 4Thor Smiting fools down and stunning like mad.