Will the cheating never end?

Options
Houdin
Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
So perhaps I am wrong about this. Perhaps the current two players with perfect scores in the new event platinum level are completely unheard of super players with every possible mythic and planes Walker available. Also perhaps even with that they both managed to hit super cascades on all three runs at the blue win in five turn node. Hey nothing is impossible...right?
Or perhaps yet again the cheaters are cheating.
Devs, there has to be some way you can verify their wins?....right?????

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hopefully that's what the battle log is being implemented for?
  • Mana Burn
    Options
    "Caustic Caterpillar hits Mercicide as Chandra for 280 Damage"
    "Your account has been deleted..."
    "pwnt"
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Detecting cheaters on events with objectives which are incredibly hard to achive (especially more than once) is magnificantly easier. When you cheat in such an event, you're just dumb, seriously.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    win in 5 rounds 3 times in a row for blue node hmmm its as legit/probable as getting all ribbons on 3.1
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    win in 5 rounds 3 times in a row for blue node hmmm its as legit/probable as getting all ribbons on 3.1

According to JC getting all ribbons on 3.1 is pretty legit, so...
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    khurram wrote:

According to JC getting all ribbons on 3.1 is pretty legit, so...

Still waiting for that video and decklist.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To bluntly answer the question, no it won't. The cheaters will not stop cheating. Honestly I blame my own generation, the NES/Genesis kids. Many games back then actually encouraged cheating by allowing you to simply press buttons on your controller in a certain order to "unlock" abilities/power ups. When there were no such "codes" to manually put in you could always go to the local game store and buy a Game Genie or Codebreaker which could pretty much give you anything you wanted in any game. We became accustomed to this and even reliant on it.
    As gaming and technology progressed and mmo games were introduced, cheating became taboo. It became an unfair advantage over others who choose to fight and earn their way through a game.
    Now, cheating is a serious offense, and in my opinion not one that should be taken lightly. I believe they should not just be kicked from the game but be made to pay some form of restitution to the game developers and the honest gamers they cheated. But I don't believe it will ever stop. The cheaters are not dumb. They always seem to find a way around any preventative measure put in place. They always find a loophole, a way to hack the code, a way back in. Yes you can find them and give them the boot but they will be back and they will have found a sneakier way.
  • AoshiMBB
    AoshiMBB Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hello all.

I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize in advance for any mistake. This is my first post here, so be nice.

I won all matches in the blue node under 5 turns using a level 6 Saheeli. It was quite easy, in fact, because I have Goldnight Castigator ans Lightning Runner (my only AER mythic). I didn't make a perfect score because I didn't energize 5 gemns in the last round.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it was not impossible to make a perfect score. I required some luck, but it was not impossible.

And obviously I received another Lightning Runner after finishing second. =(
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I did try [up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A, start] a few times but it did not seem to help
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fiddler wrote:
    I did try [up, up, down, down, L, R, L, R, B, A, start] a few times but it did not seem to help
    shhhh! konami code suppose to be a secret
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congratulations, and thanks for stopping in. Is this a good thing, do you think? It would seem a shame that certain objectives are so much easier with low level pws. Then again, maybe that gives lower tiers an advantage after all,which is a rarity.
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    But but but i do not have any low level planeswalkers icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • AoshiMBB
    AoshiMBB Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Congratulations, and thanks for stopping in. Is this a good thing, do you think? It would seem a shame that certain objectives are so much easier with low level pws. Then again, maybe that gives lower tiers an advantage after all,which is a rarity.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say is a good thing, but actually don't know if it is a bad thing. And I don't think it'll give lower tiers advantage. Even using a low level PW, it was an exclusive one and I had 3 mythics (Goldnight Castigator, Lightning Runner and Day's Undoing) and a bunch of rares. The energy objective is still a pain. But it makes us think outside the box for a while.

The other nodes were kinda easy, with Ob Nixilis and Nahiri maximized.
    Falizar wrote:
    But but but i do not have any low level planeswalkers icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I LOLed. One fellow Coalition member spoke the same. I have all PWs, and only a few of them are still low levels. I almost leveled Saheeli up, but then used her in the blue node of Nodes of Power, to not take 10 damage. It's been working. I use a level 6 Ajani in the red node to win in 5 turns. Then go with level 60 Ob Nixilis, Kiora and Sorin in the others.

Now, the level 3.1 to win in 5 turns I don't know how to do... LOL
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AoshiMBB wrote:
    madwren wrote:

Thanks!

I wouldn't say is a good thing, but actually don't know if it is a bad thing. And I don't think it'll give lower tiers advantage. Even using a low level PW, it was an exclusive one and I had 3 mythics (Goldnight Castigator, Lightning Runner and Day's Undoing) and a bunch of rares. The energy objective is still a pain. But it makes us think outside the box for a while.

The other nodes were kinda easy, with Ob Nixilis and Nahiri maximized.

It's definitely a conundrum. In PVP events (Nodes, Terror, Emergency, etc.) having low level planeswalkers is something of an advantage, because you're able to complete some of the objectives so much easier. In PVE events (Showdown, Revolt, OGW), it's definitely a disadvantage as you lack the hp, mana gains, and planeswalker abilities to effectively compete.

Anyway, just something I've been thinking about. Appreciate your answer.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    in platinum there's no valid reason that lower level planeswalkers
    are not pitted against regular platinum opponents. platinum
    players are the best players of all the tiers. there's no reason
    why the lower level handicap balancing should extend to them.
    they have the capability to level up their planeswalkers if they
    want to. if they don't... and you call yourself top tier.

HH
  • Kevinanth
    Options
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    in platinum there's no valid reason that lower level planeswalkers
    are not pitted against regular platinum opponents. platinum
    players are the best players of all the tiers. there's no reason
    why the lower level handicap balancing should extend to them.
    they have the capability to level up their planeswalkers if they
    want to. if they don't... and you call yourself top tier.

HH

Truthfully this can be the case for gold also.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Perhaps playing nodes with low level planeswalkers in platinum tier is a loophole that should be closed now?

Or, perhaps, we should be allowed to reset our planeswalkers to lvl 1 so we can all use it too? Being at a disadvantage for having progressed through the game always feels kinda sucky...

Hey! That'd give all those QB grinders something to do with the mountain of runes they have too, when they want to re-level their guys!
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know a certain user the devs NEED to stop immediately! Perfect in every event. It's getting out of hand. Plays at inopportune times, unlike previously, because he/she must suspect we're trying to time him/her.

This person will take this Inventor's Fair as well. Given all the room for so many variables to play out, maintaining perfect every event, even with the most tricked out deck is highly unlikely and exceedingly suspect.

I expect you'll be hearing from whomever finishes sixth and twenty-sixth this event because *bell sound x2* has stolen yet another prize. Are we truly living in a society where cheaters prosper?
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *bell sound x2*

Love this!

And yes, perfect in the last 6-8 events? Highly highly unlikely.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Are y'all reading the rest of the thread?
    AoshiMBB wrote:
    Hello all.

I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize in advance for any mistake. This is my first post here, so be nice.

I won all matches in the blue node under 5 turns using a level 6 Saheeli. It was quite easy, in fact, because I have Goldnight Castigator ans Lightning Runner (my only AER mythic). I didn't make a perfect score because I didn't energize 5 gemns in the last round.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it was not impossible to make a perfect score. I required some luck, but it was not impossible.

And obviously I received another Lightning Runner after finishing second. =(

I dunno if this is [redacted] (if so, hello!) but perhaps this is an exploit that should be closed down, rather than a direct cheat being employed.