Will the cheating never end?

Options

Comments

• AoshiMBB
    AoshiMBB Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Are y'all reading the rest of the thread?
    AoshiMBB wrote:
    Hello all.

I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize in advance for any mistake. This is my first post here, so be nice.

I won all matches in the blue node under 5 turns using a level 6 Saheeli. It was quite easy, in fact, because I have Goldnight Castigator ans Lightning Runner (my only AER mythic). I didn't make a perfect score because I didn't energize 5 gemns in the last round.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it was not impossible to make a perfect score. I required some luck, but it was not impossible.

And obviously I received another Lightning Runner after finishing second. =(

I dunno if this is [redcated] (if so, hello!) but perhaps this is an exploit that should be closed down, rather than a direct cheat being employed.

Hello, but I'm not [redacted]. I'm Aoshi15.

This time Olivias and Moons knocked me out of top 25. icon_evil.gif

But I have to agree with you. I played again with a level 6 Saheeli and did pretty good. It's kinda unfair, actually.

So I could see ending the matchmaking restrictions, or leaving them just for the fixed nodes (like this event's Nissa's node).
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Perhaps playing nodes with low level planeswalkers in platinum tier is a loophole that should be closed now?

Or, perhaps, we should be allowed to reset our planeswalkers to lvl 1 so we can all use it too? Being at a disadvantage for having progressed through the game always feels kinda sucky...

Hey! That'd give all those QB grinders something to do with the mountain of runes they have too, when they want to re-level their guys!

Agreed! Or make the rewards scale based on PW levels.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,228 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing with low level planeswalkers is necessary at the lower levels. After all, we have to give people time to grind runes and level up planeswalkers.

However, there should be minimum levels for entry at each tier. For example, gold should be level 50, and platinum level 60. That ensures no one in the upper tiers is taking advantage of the system.
  • Kevinanth
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Playing with low level planeswalkers is necessary at the lower levels. After all, we have to give people time to grind runes and level up planeswalkers.

However, there should be minimum levels for entry at each tier. For example, gold should be level 50, and platinum level 60. That ensures no one in the upper tiers is taking advantage of the system.

This is a great idea
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    *bell sound x2*

Love this!

And yes, perfect in the last 6-8 events? Highly highly unlikely.

(Think I commented incorrectly)

Here goes again: For at least 7 events running the user to whom we are all referring has been perfect. It should be very telling that we have a similar count going!

No body was perfect the entirety of Inventor's Fair until right before the final charge, then there he comes with the ONLY perfect score. Knows everyone is playing to jockey for final positions and simply waits as he has the only perfect score - finished perfect again.

No perfect in Emergency Ordinances as of right now... but he'll show up later. Bet he'll be perfect again... Can we get rid of this guy yet? How many of us need to complain and corroborate??
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And just short before the Sound of the bell, there he is again...
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ...Maybe he just has ALL the cards, and can therefore build broken decks for all the broken objectives? And gets lucky in every game? No, wait, maybe he bought a brand new account, and THEN bought every card in the game, made his way up to Platinum without ever levelling any of his planeswalkers... um...

...It's starting to sound less plausible now, isn't it?

@Brigby is there really any point deleting the name of the suspicious user from the thread any more? Literally everyone knows who we're talking about.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    ...Maybe he just has ALL the cards, and can therefore build broken decks for all the broken objectives? And gets lucky in every game? No, wait, maybe he bought a brand new account, and THEN bought every card in the game, made his way up to Platinum without ever levelling any of his planeswalkers... um...

...It's starting to sound less plausible now, isn't it?

@Brigby is there really any point deleting the name of the suspicious user from the thread any more? Literally everyone knows who we're talking about.
    you dont have to point any fingers but you can just paste leaderboard screenshot and let everyone drawn their own conclusions
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    8 events running now that he's won... dropped a point this time to look human as he had a two-point cushion.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    8 events running now that he's won... dropped a point this time to look human as he had a two-point cushion.
    you say dropped a point to look human I say he just had a really bad card draw and couldnt pull enough energised cards
  • AoshiMBB
    AoshiMBB Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    you say dropped a point to look human I say he just had a really bad card draw and couldnt pull enough energised cards

Then he would have lost 2 points. I bet he forgot to remove a support in one game.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Who's the new guy at the top of the leaderboard?

Remember, peeps, it's our job to be on the lookout for cheaters at all times.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    buscemi wrote:

A certain shteev had a very suspicious perfect score in last inventors fair until he dropped two points in the last day to look human.

Seriously, this is starting to sound like a witch hunt.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    buscemi wrote:

A certain shteev had a very suspicious perfect score in last inventors fair until he dropped two points in the last day to look human.

Seriously, this is starting to sound like a witch hunt.

This is absolutely a witch hunt. It's apparently our job as players to be vigilant at all times and watch out for cheaters. You should report ANY suspicious scores you see to Brigby.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanna ring the bell in this issue again.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanna ring the bell in this issue again.

Make sure you ring it twice!
  • buscemi
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In previous threads, it's been OK to post screenshots.

[Redacted]

*There is a difference between posting a screenshot of someone's name, because their deck would crash the game, as opposed to posting a screenshot of someone's name to accuse them of cheating.
    One was a PSA to help others avoid a technical issue, while the other is an attack on a targeted player.
    -Brigby
  • buscemi
    Options
    1st March, 2017

Same player, perfect score.

Screenshot available on request.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I would like to state that I am not calling [redacted] a cheater. in fact I believe he/she/it may even be the best player in the game. (probably should retire to the hall of fame undefeated)
    I would like to ask the devs to stop matching me up the [redacted] second rate decks 3 out of 4 matches, and give me a real challenge. Please copy [redacted] event decks and let us play them so we all feel the omnipotent power of his/her deck building prowess.
    I may be so humbled that I may quit the game.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Skiglass6 wrote:
    I would like to state that I am not calling [redacted] a cheater. in fact I believe he/she/it may even be the best player in the game. (probably should retire to the hall of fame undefeated)

I would like a few pointers from he/she/it myself. To be the best you have to learn from the best.

I would like to personally invite he/she/it to the forums. Maybe be host to a deck building thread and give everyone some insight.