What was your favorite Pve event?

Options
2»

Comments

• I really liked the Ares event because the covers were being given out pretty freely. Most folks could pretty easily walk away with at least one cover of each cover, letting them buy the rest if they wanted. I was on vacation or something IIRC and I played it pretty intensely, I left with 5 covers or something.
    The Hulk Event was good because of no scaling, and again, being handed out a cover. And story, and map variety, and so on.

It seems like a lot of players don't mind shelling out cash to get more character slots, too, so handing out covers would seem to be win/win. But I'm sure they have the data on what works best.
  • In the second round of the hulk event, a ton of people were able to get the last reward whit the biggest amount of iso, I think it was an 4* but I might be mistaken. Anyways, lots of rewards surely made this event great.

These days I have a hard time finding motivation to get through all the 230 stuff.
  • Hulk by a huge margin. They did everything right with this one.
    For me it was perfect balance between challenging hard fights and easy grind missions. Not too much missions and enough rubberbanding, so I didn't feel the need to grind all day. One big bracket is also more appropriate for PVE in my opinion. Everybody got one easy cover, so none of this missing mandatory hero **** for the next event.
  • Ares had 500 HP rewards for the subs. These top prizes are all **** now.

Lots of ISO in those missions too. None of this 250/100/xx/xxx ****.

Ugh... Don't make me reflect on how stingy this game had become.
  • The Hulk Event. No scaling and a free cover was awesome.
  • Hunt Ares was my favorite -- nice mixture of once only and grinding missions with few high level ones thrown in. Much better static than the scaling we have now. Then at least I had clear target ahead to level up to be able to do higher ones (I could do about 50-70% of fights) while racking up covers still. With last events I am scared to use ISO to level up in case it makes things worse rather than better. I have like 60k ISO that I do not want to use until I get spidy covers or some other setup that I could forsee to be able to do 230's with very good probability.
  • Microtom wrote:
    In the second round of the hulk event, a ton of people were able to get the last reward whit the biggest amount of iso, I think it was an 4* but I might be mistaken. Anyways, lots of rewards surely made this event great.

It was a Red Punisher - I remember distinctly because I had no Punisher at all at the time, and couldn't play certain missions, and ended up finishing at like 47k when you needed 50k for the Punisher. Ironically, if I had had a Punisher, I definitely could have gotten the Punisher.

That being said, I still think Hulk was the best event, and wouldn't be upset if they reran it.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Ares had 500 HP rewards for the subs. These top prizes are all **** now.

Lots of ISO in those missions too. None of this 250/100/xx/xxx ****.

Ugh... Don't make me reflect on how stingy this game had become.

Not sure if it was the Ares one and/or the Punisher one that gave away a health pack prizes as a potential fight reward. Have not dipped into the refreshable range for these since... Used to be able to build up lots of ISO too, like you say. They were good times.

My favourite event was the first Unstable Iso. It was all so new back then... ah, the nostalgia. What's not to love about grinding a TWO point mission over and over and over... All joking aside, at least the grind was transparent - the person who played the most won. No confusing rubberbanding to work out, no scaling of opponents, all very linear stuff.

In terms of more recent events, Hulk seemed to have the best range in terms of variable difficulty/rubberbanding/rewards balance. The last few have been pretty drudgerous, I can't seem to get excited about the new scaling era.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    In terms of more recent events, Hulk seemed to have the best range in terms of variable difficulty/rubberbanding/rewards balance. The last few have been pretty drudgerous, I can't seem to get excited about the new scaling era.
    +1. All those 230 missions begin to feel like repeatedly stabbing yourself with a spoon. It won't kill you, after a while you just end up wishing you were dead.