Mechanism

Options
Koolmind
Koolmind Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Old mechanisms in the game are very interesting so why you don t create new cards with them, the board will be more clear and the game will not have a lot of bugs, madnesss delirium conversion ingestion overload fabrication etc so many possibilities for developping new cards with the evolution of the paper mtg. Don t be afraid to the simplicity, a lot of mechanisms will be complicate for new players and less attrative.

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always wanted to see a return of Regenerate.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i am still waiting for the day i can make a fully viable madness deck.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd'like to see madness and delirium back too. I dont think it would hurt the themes of the sets to sprinkles these effects in here and there.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Koolmind wrote:
    Old mechanisms in the game are very interesting so why you don t create new cards with them, the board will be more clear and the game will not have a lot of bugs, madnesss delirium conversion ingestion overload fabrication etc so many possibilities for developping new cards with the evolution of the paper mtg. Don t be afraid to the simplicity, a lot of mechanisms will be complicate for new players and less attrative.

MTGPQ is a license to reproduce/represent specific cards into a PQ format. While there's definitely some room for interpretation in each set, I'd consider it a virtual impossibility that WotC would get on board with taking mechanics from previous sets and implementing them into current cards that do not have them.

It would be nice, however, if they would translate all of the specific-mechanic cards in a given set, instead of just some.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Is Regenerate specific to Origins?
  • Koolmind
    Koolmind Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    I think so, http://decktester.com/Cards/Details/ConsecratedByBlood or G1 first and third abilities
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with madness. I don't feel that I ever really got to play it to it's potential because the cards were lacking.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    no, Linvala is OGW
  • madwren
    Options
    Certain abilities are evergreen; they appear in multiple sets and can appear in any of them. You can see a list of these abilities here:

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Evergreen

Regenerate was an evergreen ability, until Oath of the Gatewatch. It was then removed from the evergreen list.

Wizards usually introduces 4-6 new abilities in each block, and some of them carry over from set to set.

In paper, Shadows over Innistrad brought Delirium, Investigate, Skulk, Transform, and Madness. Eldritch Moon kept half of those (Delirium, Madness, Transform) but added Emerge and Meld.

For this block, Kaladesh brought Crew and Fabricate, which came over to Aether Revolt as well as energy, which MTGPQ represents via energize and overload.
    Aether Revolt continued Crew, but disposed of Fabricate in order to introduce Improvise and Revolt. Note that MTGPQ disposed of the latter two entirely.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Certain abilities are evergreen; they appear in multiple sets and can appear in any of them. You can see a list of these abilities here:

Regenerate was an evergreen ability, until Oath of the Gatewatch. It was then removed from the evergreen list.

Wizards usually introduces 4-6 new abilities in each block, and some of them carry over from set to set.

In paper, Shadows over Innistrad brought Delirium, Investigate, Skulk, Transform, and Madness. Eldritch Moon kept half of those (Delirium, Madness, Transform) but added Emerge and Meld.

For this block, Kaladesh brought Crew and Fabricate, which came over to Aether Revolt as well as energy, which MTGPQ represents via energize and overload.
    Aether Revolt continued Crew, but disposed of Fabricate in order to introduce Improvise and Revolt. Note that MTGPQ disposed of the latter two entirely.

Madness was a returning ability from the Odessey block. It's unlikely, but possible to see any block mechanics repeated again later.

To the question regarding regenerate, it's a recurring keyword across MTG history, but it's very rarely used, so I wouldn't expect to see it too often.
  • madwren
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    madwren wrote:

Madness was a returning ability from the Odessey block. It's unlikely, but possible to see any block mechanics repeated again later.

To the question regarding regenerate, it's a recurring keyword across MTG history, but it's very rarely used, so I wouldn't expect to see it too often.

Great catch about madness returning. I knew that, and completely forgot.
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Cool, thanks for the info about Regenerate