• Cwest79
    Cwest79 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As I ponder the thought of
    "Hey, maybe this time.
    Maybe this time I will get something I need, if not that,
    Something new at least, even if it's ****."

Except I won't.
    Been months of the screams falling upon deaf ears.
    Everyone has a breaking point and we don't like feeling k Ike we were taken advantage of.
    It makes me feel dirty.

There comes a time in a young boys life where he will realize it's just best to spend the money on Hookers and Yayo if you're gonna waste it.
  • Cwest79
    Cwest79 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I bought 1 pack so far.
    Believe me I want to instantly drop My Hard Earned Money

97 possible Mythics

I need 43 that are available
    Which means I have 54 of the 97 possible.

Less than 50/50 but hey, should still be worth 3 tries.

Yeah
    No
    1st one
    A Mythic that I have obtained at least 5 times now.
    Awesome yes?
    No!
    As I can only benefit from it 1 time icon_e_sad.gif
  • Serakiel
    Serakiel Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I ended up with a duplicate of Olivia and 2 new ones. Engulf the shore and Nissa's revelation
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i guess my odds were looking pretty good, had 15/117 mythics. i now have 18/117 mythics. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Crush of tentacles
    Emrakul
    Tree of perdition
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New Mythics:
    Emrakul
    Woodland Bellower

Dup (UGH!)
    Gisela, the Broken Blade
  • murtagon
    murtagon Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    This is a great new feature for people that do not have many mythics. The more mythics you have the less appealing this new feature will be to you. But for newer players this is a great option to help reduce the grind and allow people to compete with less grind.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    murtagon wrote:
    This is a great new feature for people that do not have many mythics. The more mythics you have the less appealing this new feature will be to you. But for newer players this is a great option to help reduce the grind and allow people to compete with less grind.

It's still the best pack yet no matter what.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Agreed. I too was very skeptical about these Mythic solo packs. My coveting of one card in particular got the better of me...three times. I have only a handful Mythics so the 1st draw being a dupe (a great dupe mind you, but a dupe nonetheless) was heartbreaking.

The other 2 draws, however, were surprisingly awesome and NOT dupes.
    I still do not have the aforementioned card of which I covet, but maybe one day this 3-time offer will return, and on that day I'll do it again.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yvendros wrote:
    i guess my odds were looking pretty good, had 15/117 mythics. i now have 18/117 mythics. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Crush of tentacles
    Emrakul
    Tree of perdition

You only had 15 mythics? Why are we all playing you in Platinum Tier then??
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zzyzzx wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    Agreed. I too was very skeptical about these Mythic solo packs. My coveting of one card in particular got the better of me...three times. I have only a handful Mythics so the 1st draw being a dupe (a great dupe mind you, but a dupe nonetheless) was heartbreaking.

The other 2 draws, however, were surprisingly awesome and NOT dupes.
    I still do not have the aforementioned card of which I covet, but maybe one day this 3-time offer will return, and on that day I'll do it again.

The dupe rate is a constant. It's not a factor. What would you save crystals for? Boxes? That runs into the dupe problem too.

I would happily buy a mythic pack everytime I got 350 crystals, even if all I got were dupes.
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Yvendros wrote:

Crush of tentacles
    Emrakul
    Tree of perdition

i was silly and mastered all my cards. i think i win like 97% of my event games though, so i'm comfy where i'm at.

how do my decks hold up? hopefully they give all the right people trouble...
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yvendros wrote:
    buscemi wrote:
    Yvendros wrote:

Crush of tentacles
    Emrakul
    Tree of perdition

i was silly and mastered all my cards. i think i win like 97% of my event games though, so i'm comfy where i'm at.

how do my decks hold up? hopefully they give all the right people trouble...

I've def lost to them before...
  • Wax
    Wax Posts: 37
    Options
    I only have 8 Mythics, and of course when I spend 350 crystals for this new deal, I pull a dupe. As if that weren't bad enough, the last 2 Mythics I've pulled from regular packs were also dupes. Considering the number of Mythics now in the game (it's more than 100, isn't it?), the chances of this happening to me should be astronomical...

Just the chances of pulling ONE dupe should be something around 1%, if there are 100 Mythics offered in that Mythic pack. If I have 8 Mythics total, that would be like 8%. Now 8% I could believe; but the fact that the last couple Mythics I've pulled were also dupes? That compounds the rarity of pulling a dupe with each iteration. I can't do the math on it, but I'd be willing to bet the chances of pulling 3 dupes in a row with only 8 Mythics total in your collection is less than 1 percent...

I wouldn't put it past these guys to have algorithms built into the pack-opening mechanics that add weight to duplicates, based on your collection. I wish a developer would come in here and categorically deny that this -- or any similar weight -- exists in the coding. I'm just glad I didn't spend real money to make that pull.

This only reinforces my opinion that it's not worth the risk to spend real money on this game until the devs become more transparent with the pack-opening mechanics, or until they can assure us (somehow) that there is no "weight" added into the coding that favors duplicate pulls based on the player's collection.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wax wrote:
    I only have 8 Mythics, and of course when I spend 350 crystals for this new deal, I pull a dupe. As if that weren't bad enough, the last 2 Mythics I've pulled from regular packs were also dupes. Considering the number of Mythics now in the game (it's more than 100, isn't it?), the chances of this happening to me should be astronomical...

Just the chances of pulling ONE dupe should be something around 1%, if there are 100 Mythics offered in that Mythic pack. If I have 8 Mythics total, that would be like 8%. Now 8% I could believe; but the fact that the last couple Mythics I've pulled were also dupes? That compounds the rarity of pulling a dupe with each iteration. I can't do the math on it, but I'd be willing to bet the chances of pulling 3 dupes in a row with only 8 Mythics total in your collection is less than 1 percent...

I wouldn't put it past these guys to have algorithms built into the pack-opening mechanics that add weight to duplicates, based on your collection. I wish a developer would come in here and categorically deny that this -- or any similar weight -- exists in the coding. I'm just glad I didn't spend real money to make that pull.

This only reinforces my opinion that it's not worth the risk to spend real money on this game until the devs become more transparent with the pack-opening mechanics, or until they can assure us (somehow) that there is no "weight" added into the coding that favors duplicate pulls based on the player's collection.
    I believe the reason they have remained so tight lipped and will continue to do so is because there is a system in place that is unfair to the players. If they see it starting to hurt their bottom line they may discover this 'issue' and then finally 'fix' it but until then, mum's the word. Plausible deniability if you will.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Had 20 mythics, found 2 new (zenzikar incarnate, underground champion) and a dupe (gaea's revenge). The new mythics were kinda bad, but I guess the outcome was ok. Would have preferred a strong white creature however, best I have in that slot is tazri and kozi.
  • Shadow76
    Options
    Serakiel wrote:
    I ended up with a duplicate of Olivia and 2 new ones. Engulf the shore and Nissa's revelation
    The exact 2 cards I was hoping to pull! Thanks was crushing my spirit.