3 - Give your creatures +3/+3
4 - Give your creatures +4/+4

2: Lithomancy - cost: 12
1 - Discard 1 card, Draw 1 card, Destroy 1 White Gem
2 - Discard 1 card, Draw 2 cards, Destroy 1 White Gems
3 - Discard 1 card, Draw 2 cards, Destroy 2 White Gems
4 - Discard 1 card, Draw 2 cards, Destroy 3 White Gems

3: Harbinger - cost: 15
1 - Give a creature you control Haste and Trample until the end of your turn. That creature is also reinforced 1x until the end of your turn.
2 - Give a creature you control Haste and Trample until the end of your turn. That creature is also reinforced 2x until the end of your turn.
3 - Give a creature you control Haste and Trample until the end of your turn. That creature is also reinforced 3x until the end of your turn.
4 - Give a creature you control Haste and Trample until the end of your turn. That creature is also reinforced 4x until the end of your turn.

Level 60 mana bonuses: +4 manawhite.png | +1 managreen.png | +4 manared.png | -1 manablack.png | manablue.png
Level 60 HP: 102
Level 60 max Creatures: 9 Spells: 4 Supports: 4

Post your decks and tips for Nahiri below!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missing final deck numbers
  • Mcjordan
    Mcjordan Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Final deck numbers:

9 Creatures
    4 Spells
    4 Supports
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mcjordan wrote:
    Final deck numbers:

9 Creatures
    4 Spells
    4 Supports

Updated, thanks!
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Importing my Nahiri deck from the other thread. Running this deck right now:

Creatures (4):
    General Tazri
    Munda's Vanguard
    Patron of the Valiant *1
    Ondu Champion *1

Spells (3):
    Iona's Blessing
    Ondu Rising
    Lightning Axe *2

Supports (3):
    Mirrorpool
    Drownyard Temple *3
    Always Watching

Notes:
    *1 - Flexible Ally creature slots. Veteran Warleader, Angel of Renewal, or Cliffside Lookout would also work.
    *2 - Flexible, removal slot. Also consider Volcanic Upheaval to trigger activated gems.
    *3 - Mana booster slot, eg: Shrine of the Forsaken, Battlefield Forge, etc.

Her first ability is just so good that i believe that they're going to have to swap it with her second as they did to Koth.

This deck is all about pumping your Ally creatures with General Tazri and/or Munda's Vanguard. Try to save your Vigilance activation until you have a creature that will survive it. I'll sometimes use Iona's Blessing offensively too, casting on a problematic creature who is dodging my beatsticks.
  • Sethalos
    Sethalos Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    How can I use the Harbinger ability? Generally my turn goes like this: 1) Select gems to match 2) Use/Cast mana for creatures 3) Creatures attack automatically. At what point in that process can I use Harbinger to give the creature I just cast Haste? Am I missing something?

Thanks.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Sethalos wrote:
    How can I use the Harbinger ability? Generally my turn goes like this: 1) Select gems to match 2) Use/Cast mana for creatures 3) Creatures attack automatically. At what point in that process can I use Harbinger to give the creature I just cast Haste? Am I missing something?

Thanks.
    The developers have mentioned that the Haste is just to ensure that the target of Harbinger will get to attack this turn. Say if you did a match-5 and summoned out a creature, you can then use Harbinger giving it Haste to allow it to attack.
  • Sethalos
    Sethalos Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have been a bit clearer though, there is no opportunity during the cast phase to use the ability. For example, let's say I have a creature in my hand ready to cast, I match up my gems and after resolving there is enough mana to cast the creature. The creature automatically enters the battlefield...and then at that point: either my current creatures go into their attack phase, or my turn is over. There is no point at which I'm able to actually use that ability on a freshly summoned creature unless I luck out and get an "addition gem selection". So, the ability is actually wasted as there is at no point during the sequence that allows you to use it.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Sethalos wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have been a bit clearer though, there is no opportunity during the cast phase to use the ability. For example, let's say I have a creature in my hand ready to cast, I match up my gems and after resolving there is enough mana to cast the creature. The creature automatically enters the battlefield...and then at that point: either my current creatures go into their attack phase, or my turn is over. There is no point at which I'm able to actually use that ability on a freshly summoned creature unless I luck out and get an "addition gem selection". So, the ability is actually wasted as there is at no point during the sequence that allows you to use it.
    Sorry, I'll clarify the last bit of my reply: Say if you did a match-5 (which allows you to make another match) and summoned out a creature, you can then use Harbinger giving it Haste to allow it to attack.

So yes it's just there to ensure that summoning sickness doesn't get in the way of the Harbinger'd creature attacking. The developers have said as much.
  • keeshond
    keeshond Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Spells:
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Invocation of saint traft
    brutal expulsion
    declaration in stone

Creatures:
    Munda's Vanguard
    Relic seeker
    patron of the valiant
    flameblade angel

Supports
    shrine of the forsaken gods
    drownyard temple

My primary view on this deck is taking advantage of Nahiri's first ability, then enhancing it through creature buffs, which munda, relic and patron provide. Flame is there as an additional flyer and a way to give the enemy pw a nice little surprise for each creature attacking.

Saint traft's primary purpose in this deck is more damage benefits, along with three fairly strong and inexpensive destruction spells. I typically run both gods and temple in my decks for the added benefit and surprise.

Eventually, I'd love to turn this deck into a red/white angel.
  • watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Deck:
    Devil's Playground
    Oath of Gideon
    Paranoid Parish-Blade
    Serene Steward
    Spectral Shepherd
    Drogskol Cavalry (*)

Slayer's Plate

Exquisite Firecraft
    Declaration in Stone

Tamiyo's Journal

(*) - flexible slot, I have been running Wolf of Devil's Breach here as well - basically, it's a 'Big Bang' type card going in here

The deck is focused on getting the creatures out ASAP, buffing them with the first PW ability - from what I feel, it's the fastest possible rush deck, in QBs I managed to get turn 5 wins regularly, and a single turn 4 was also possible.

I feel that the ability swap (1 & 2) is incoming, as the second ability is simply not worth it, while the 3rd ability does not work in this type of deck - I think I have only used it twice in all the games I've played with Nahiri - always on the big bang creature.
  • Shadow-Mage
    Shadow-Mage Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I am currently working on leveling my Nahiri so that I can use her at her fullest. Below is my Deck along with the reasons for each of the cards.

Creatures

Odric, Lunarch Marshal: He is an all around great card buffing up any creatures you have with a multitude of abilities and healing them when they defend
    Olivia, Mobilized for War: She is great for life gain and when blended with Ordric becomes a dominating force (especially if you cast her first at full power)
    Hanweir Militia Captain: Meant to be a faster summon than the above 2 and if mana is tight and your hand fills up she will transform and start buffing herself with cleric tokens
    Pyre Hound: This is meant to be a quick summon that buffs up because of spells cast (it has worked a bit but could be replaced easily)

Spells

Kozilek's Return: quick burn for small creatures that may appear in the beginning of a game and easy token killer.
    Hope Against Hope: Quick buff and if cast on Hanweir or Ordric becomes even better with First Strike.
    Declaration in Stone: Decent removal

Supports

Mirrorpool: I run this in all of my decks for added boost but not necessary
    Oath of Chandra: Extra burn and possibly weak creature removal
    Suppression Bonds: Stop your opponent's first creature until you can remove it or burn it away

Any suggestions would be lovely as this is still a major work in progress and only wins about maybe 60-75% of the time. It runs slow when mana stucj and if you just have pyher hound out it is an uphill battle to win.
  • Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    watman wrote:
    Deck:
    Devil's Playground
    Oath of Gideon
    Paranoid Parish-Blade
    Serene Steward
    Spectral Shepherd
    Drogskol Cavalry (*)

Slayer's Plate

Exquisite Firecraft
    Declaration in Stone

Tamiyo's Journal

(*) - flexible slot, I have been running Wolf of Devil's Breach here as well - basically, it's a 'Big Bang' type card going in here

The deck is focused on getting the creatures out ASAP, buffing them with the first PW ability - from what I feel, it's the fastest possible rush deck, in QBs I managed to get turn 5 wins regularly, and a single turn 4 was also possible.

I feel that the ability swap (1 & 2) is incoming, as the second ability is simply not worth it, while the 3rd ability does not work in this type of deck - I think I have only used it twice in all the games I've played with Nahiri - always on the big bang creature.

How is this running for you? I like the build.
  • watman
    Scotcamp wrote:
    watman wrote:
    Deck:
    Devil's Playground
    Oath of Gideon
    Paranoid Parish-Blade
    Serene Steward
    Spectral Shepherd
    Drogskol Cavalry (*)

Slayer's Plate

Exquisite Firecraft
    Declaration in Stone

Tamiyo's Journal

How is this running for you? I like the build.
    Sorry for not replying, I forgot that I put it up here icon_e_wink.gif
    Since then, I changed the big bang creature into yet another solid rusher - Felidar Sovereign - and it's still a blast! Thinking of exchanging Exquisite Firecraft for Inner Struggle and switching the slooooow Slayer's Plate for something quicker (maybe Uncaged Fury). I'm f2p player, so if I'm ever hitting Olivia or any other Big Bucks mythic, it will also be considered.
    I have less time to play now than I had ~two months ago, but if I have time to play, then top25-50 of a QB is an easy task.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Also, check out yunnn's excellent Nahiri Zoo deck thread for ideas.

It has Olivia, another 7 creatures (including Oath of Gideon) as well as Inner Struggle and Uncaged Fury. Its very very fast.
  • watman
    Also, check out yunnn's excellent Nahiri Zoo deck thread for ideas.

It has Olivia, another 7 creatures (including Oath of Gideon) as well as Inner Struggle and Uncaged Fury. Its very very fast.

Yup, just looking at that one, need to find replacement for Olivia...
  • Lucapaco
    Lucapaco Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2016
    My Nahiri deck:

Supports:
    Corrupted Grafstone
    Fevered Visions
    Battlefield Forge

Spells:
    Inner Struggle
    Deploy Gatewatch
    Demolish
    Declaration in Stone

Creatures:
    Olivia, Mobilized for War
    Gisela, the Broken Blade
    Bruna, the Fading Light

It's my fast QB deck. Not cheap ($) for sure, but fast. Most QB's take like 3-6 turns. Now I have exactly 101 wins streak. Having Deploy Gatewatch makes that I don't want too much creatures in deck ... 2 on board is enough for now icon_e_smile.gif
    What You'd change here? Any suggestions?

EDIT:

I had to change Bruna, the Fading Light to Knight of the White Orchid. After update Gisela and Bruna doesn't Meld while casting Deploy Gatewatch. Knight of the ... can give sweet combo so it's possible to cast 2 Deploy Gatewatch in 1 turn icon_e_smile.gif also I have replaced all supports to Suppression Bonds,Hixus, Prison Warden and True-Faith Censer (to get some control on the board) plus Swift Reckoning instead of Declaration in Stone (cheaper destroy card).
  • ridfrenzy
    ridfrenzy Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I run a DtG deck as well, I am currently on 400+win streak with 95% of the games played with Nahiri.

Supports
    Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
    Drownyard Temple
    Harness the Storm (would switch with Journal or FV if I had them icon_e_sad.gif )

Spells
    DtG
    Inner Struggle
    Magmatic Insight
    Volcanic Upheaval

Creatures
    Olivia
    Gisela
    Decimator of the Provinces

Combos
    Volcanic is always good as it will slow down the opponent and shake up the board where you will end up with a nice cascade afterwards, really locks down mono colour decks.

Magmatic Insight is great for dumping Drownyard into your graveyard, I never cast drownyard unless it cascades into it from Volcanic. Magmatic is also great to cast if you have only MI in your hand as you don't need to discard to get the two cards

There isn't much removal but most things will either die from decimator or are so weak you really don't care.

I really hope I get a Combustible Gearhulk at some point as I would like to switch Gisela with that.
  • Wax
    Wax Posts: 37
    Hey guys, I'm just looking for some opinions about whether Nahiri is worth the buy if I have pretty strong Kiora, Koth and Gideon (Ally) decks... I only mention Kiora because she's dual-color, and I can't afford to buy them very often, so if Kiora is just as good (with the right cards, and my Kiora deck is pretty strong) then there might be no reason to get Nahiri. (Plus my weakest colors right now are Black, Red and White.)

And I suppose my Koth and Gideon decks aren't relevant because the whole point of Nahiri is to use both colors at once. But here are some white or red Mythics and Rares I have that could be applicable:

Hero of Goma Fada, Quarantine Field (yeah right), Tragic Arrogance, Gideon's Phalanx, Pia and Kiran, Sentinel of EW, Embermaw Hellion, Knight of the WO, SC Berserker, Relic Seeker, K. Irregulars, Munda's Vanguard, Sigil of the Empty Throne, Drogstol Cavalry, Thalia's Lt., Always Watching, Vryn Wingmare, Flameblade Angel, Oath of Chandra, Flameshadow Conjuring, Jori En, Zada, Avacyn's Judgement, Scourge Wolf, Sanctifier of Souls, Lantern Scout... Also Slayer's Plate, Helm of the Gods, Rogue's Passage.

And then I have a pretty full collection of commons and uncommons, except I'm missing a lot from the two latest expansions. So yeah, based on those cards, does anyone think Nahiri is worth picking up while she's available? I only have 1000 crystals total, so it would be a while before I could afford another.

Unless her kit is just so good on its own, I might be better off buying the cheaper Tezzeret, because I have some really great blue and/or colorless artifact cards like Thopter Spy Network, Helm of the Gods, Prism Array, Shrine of the Gods, the whole Tutelage combo and some generators... Think I should just hold off on Nahiri until I have some stronger White and Reds?

Thanks...
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I just got Nahiri, and it takes 160720 Runes to raise her to level 60.

I tried to document the gaps between levels, but there was an unfortunate data loss.
  • Lucapaco
    Lucapaco Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Unless her kit is just so good on its own, I might be better off buying the cheaper Tezzeret, because I have some really great blue and/or colorless artifact cards like Thopter Spy Network, Helm of the Gods, Prism Array, Shrine of the Gods, the whole Tutelage combo and some generators... Think I should just hold off on Nahiri until I have some stronger White and Reds?

IMHO I'd go with Nahiri. I don't use Tezzeret at all. Nahiri I use mostly for QB's. She has good mana gain in both colors (Koth might have problems against some decks more often than Nahiri). For blue PW, if I were You, I'd wait to get Jace 2.0. Having Nahiri, Kiora and one Black, In 3 games You can get 10 Crystals form story mode (instead of 4 or 5 games).