Meet Brigby!

Options
2»

Comments

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Welcome, Brigby. You'll have noticed already that the community can be intense at times; it's a reflection of the passion for the game, despite its warts.

Re Shteev, it would seem that the fact he's a well-known voice for the community is exactly the thing that makes it so important for him (in particular) to find a more civil alternative when he feels like "spitting bile", as he once put it. Because when he sets a tone, others follow.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    universe wrote:
    You're all very kind, but how do we know you're not just all me making a load of alternate accounts?

The moderators know. There are multiple ways to track who does what. There have been a few instances where one person tried to impersonate another. Like If someone gets banned, that's it. They are banned. Making another account doesn't make it all better. If they do make other accounts, then the other account is automatically banned whether any rules were broken or not with that account. The reason is that Because making another account to circumvent a ban is against the rules. Meaning the account itself is the violation, not the content of the posts.

Unfortunately, this happens quite often simply because so many people don't bother to read the forum rules.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4#p4

So you don't have to worry about others pretending to be you. The Mods exactly who you are.

Danger.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So you don't have to worry about others pretending to be you.
    I'm Spartacus.
  • sunprincess
    sunprincess Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Unless someone can emulate the device and IP footprints shteev uses, then it is unlikely they would be fooling moderators.

More importantly, Please Reveal ALL Probabilities for Drop Rates.

Honestly, it would be the least goodwill y'all could show to the playerbase.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    #bringbackshteev
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Welcome Brigby!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    bken1234 wrote:
    Also let shteev come back.
    I can't promise anything, but I do plan on reaching out to him.

Hmm. Ignoring my friendly greeting and banning me again does seem like a slightly odd move in that case, but you're the professional at this.
    Hi shteev. Apologies for the ban, however our moderators were simply following standard protocol for situations involving alternate account creations. I've gone ahead and sent you a message to this account. I'd love to have a friendly conversation with you.
    bken1234 wrote:
    It is my hope that Brigby can recognize that the banning of shteev was a personal vendetta on Hi-Fi's part and brings him back into the fold. I would further like to see a relationship fostered, as they serve similar roles in different mediums and shteev can bring a lot of insight to D3 about what people really think, but are not posting here.
    I personally can't speak for the reasoning behind any of Hi-Fi's actions, so I can't express an opinion as to whether or not they were justified. Like I said earlier, I have reached out to shteev in hopes of sparking a friendly discussion with him. Based on the community's support of him, I would hope our conversation concludes with mended ties, or at the very least a gained perspective on each end.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you, Brigby.
  • Pestilence
    Pestilence Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I feel all warm and tingly actually having our concerns validated.
    Thanks Briby!
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It would be nice if someone hasnt mentioned it yet to reach out to the creator of deckster.com and find someone who would continue supporting website
    In fact I'll be happy to do it give the FTP access
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It would be nice if someone hasnt mentioned it yet to reach out to the creator of deckster.com and find someone who would continue supporting website

The guy who created decktester has now stopped playing mtgpq and all attempts to contact him have failed.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:

The guy who created decktester has now stopped playing mtgpq and all attempts to contact him have failed.

That's too bad. He deserves a medal.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby,

Avacyn again? Come on this just sucks. Can you please tell them we want to do OGW again? Can we compete for something other than a stupid EMN mythic? I thought this was the new era of community engagement. We don't want to keep doing Avacyn over and over again. I'd rather do NoP until you guys release a new event.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Can you just do away with coalition mythic rewards please.

People complaining about free mythics went from amusing, irritating to downright infuriating.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

People complaining about free mythics went from amusing, irritating to downright infuriating.

What's wrong with free cards? They are being generous and you're infuriated by it? Here's a picture of a kitten.

230px-Kitten_in_Rizal_Park,_Manila.jpg
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How about introducing a system where if you come top in an event, metal shards fly out of your device in all directions and cut you to ribbons?
  • Ohboy
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:

What's wrong with free cards? They are being generous and you're infuriated by it? Here's a picture of a kitten.

230px-Kitten_in_Rizal_Park,_Manila.jpg

Nothing wrong with free cards. It's people who complain about their free stuff not being good enough that grinds my gears.