Meet Brigby!

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Brigby here, and I’ll be your new Community Manager at D3 Go!

First and foremost, I want to thank David [Hi-Fi] Moore for all the great work he has done in the past. He has fostered such a passionate and growing community, became the go-to person for any new game releases, and ensured that the forum was a civil and informative platform for players.

Even though I’m still learning the ropes, I’m excited about this community and what I can do to make your experience as the player even better. To add onto that, I’ve included a list of goals I’m hoping to accomplish during my time here as Community Manager:

• Help improve transparency and communication between players and D3 Go!/Development Studios.
• Work closely with Moderators to promote a healthy environment by supporting civil, respectable conversations and discouraging trolls, spammers, and general toxic behavior.
• Increase support for Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest players. (Private message me if you play MTGPQ, and would like to be a moderator for the game!)

And some bonus stretch goals:

• More consistent frequency of contests/giveaways.
• Additional content that gives a behind-the-scenes look at D3 Go! and the development studios we work with.

Whether you’re a long time member of the forums or a first-time poster, I want to make sure that you have a great experience on our forum and in our game, so feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or comments! Just keep in mind that if I end up with a lot of messages, it might take me some time to respond to them all, so please be patient. icon_e_smile.gif

The D3 community has some absolutely fantastic players, and I look forward to talking with you guys! I’m very excited for what’s to come, and I hope you are as well!

Cheers,
Brigby

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WelcomeToTheFold.png
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Nice to meet you Brigby.
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi Brigby! I'm shteev, and I'm really not as bad as everyone has told you I am.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    edited November 2016
    Options
    As long as you don't have a giant distracting signature like some of the other moderators, you're alright by me.
    Those are infuriating.
  • MrStem0
    Options
    Hi Brigby,

I like how you have set easily achieveable targets that will make the player base much happier if they materialise.

I.E.

Actually replying / posting about the mass concerns raised on the forums as opposed to them being brushed under the carpet will be refreshing and easily cover point 1, point 2 is covered as to be fair the community is seemingly very nice and polite to one another, all hate is generally aimed towards the frustrations around your first point. And again your third point will be covered by the first.

I guess just simply being a line of communication between the Devs and Players will be a huge improvement and a largely welcome one, good luck, I hope the Devs are more responsive to you.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

• Help improve transparency and communication between players and D3 Go!/Development Studios.
    • Work closely with Moderators to promote a healthy environment by supporting civil, respectable conversations and discouraging trolls, spammers, and general toxic behavior.

Welcome! These two issues are very closely entwined. A more visible and communicative presence will go a long way in helping decrease the frustration, which is the root cause of much of the behavior moderators have cracked down on.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi!
    Welcome to the forums.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    octal9 wrote:
    WelcomeToTheFold.png
    Haha. Clever! +1 for you
    Tilikum wrote:
    As long as you don't have a giant distracting signature like some of the other moderators, you're alright by me.
    Those are infuriating.
    Wait but you hav....ahhh I see what you did there! icon_razz.gif
    MrStem0 wrote:
    Actually replying / posting about the mass concerns raised on the forums as opposed to them being brushed under the carpet will be refreshing and easily cover point 1, point 2 is covered as to be fair the community is seemingly very nice and polite to one another, all hate is generally aimed towards the frustrations around your first point. And again your third point will be covered by the first.
    madwren wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Welcome! These two issues are very closely entwined. A more visible and communicative presence will go a long way in helping decrease the frustration, which is the root cause of much of the behavior moderators have cracked down on.
    Thanks for the insight you two. I totally agree that more visibility and communication would be great steps towards solving those raised concerns. On top of posting game updates and news releases, I plan on doing my best to check out player posts and engage in conversation as often as I can.
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Welcome, Brigby! My confidence in a positive direction for this game has increased by your open manner and commitment to communicate with this loyal fan base. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    I totally agree that more visibility and communication would be great steps towards solving those raised concerns. On top of posting game updates and news releases, I plan on doing my best to check out player posts and engage in conversation as often as I can.
    Welcome to the insanity.

And, at this point, even attempting better communication and community redress -- instead of adopting an attitude of 'This too shall pass' -- would go a long way in resolving some of the long-standing tension on the forum, AFAICT.

I'm excited to see a god-mod who understands this and is interested in addressing the root of the problem. I'm really excited about your general goals and glad you plan to engaging the community. Feeling listened to is half the battle.

Good luck!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi Brigby,

Just for the record, you can bribe our loyalty with your assurance that we never ever have to play EC again.

Also let shteev come back.

WTTF!
  • Rogue34
    Options
    Welcome, major app issues currently on Android. Several coalition members also experiencing problems. Not loading, failing to open, crashing, taking lives from the event, losing purchases in the vault. Major problems going on. Please let someone know. I haven't seen anything saying there are problems. Thank you.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Saeva wrote:
    And, at this point, even attempting better communication and community redress -- instead of adopting an attitude of 'This too shall pass' -- would go a long way in resolving some of the long-standing tension on the forum, AFAICT.

I'm excited to see a god-mod who understands this and is interested in addressing the root of the problem. I'm really excited about your general goals and glad you plan to engaging the community. Feeling listened to is half the battle.
    I absolutely agree, and certainly echo that sentiment. As a big gamer myself, I've experienced the frustration of seeming ignored by developers, as well as the excitement of being listened to by them. The reaction is night and day, and I understand having that positive connection between them and the community is absolutely crucial.
    bken1234 wrote:
    I can't promise anything, but I do plan on reaching out to him. I've heard of his history here on the forums, but I'd like to understand his perspective and the reasoning for his behavior first hand. Hopefully we can come to an accord.
    Rogue34 wrote:
    Welcome, major app issues currently on Android. Several coalition members also experiencing problems. Not loading, failing to open, crashing, taking lives from the event, losing purchases in the vault. Major problems going on. Please let someone know. I haven't seen anything saying there are problems. Thank you.
    We've already reached out to Hibernum, the development studio for MtGPQ, and they're aware of these problems. They're hard at work investigating a fix for these issues. If and when maintenance downtime is deemed necessary to fix, we'll send out a public announcement ahead of time to alert everyone of that.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bring back shteev!
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hopefully we can come to an accord.
    Honestly the forums are a better place with shteev here - like many of us, he's a passionate follower of the game. He helps foster the community. There are others here that do the opposite, yet... they're still around. It's illogical.

I understand that rules are in place, but one of his "transgressions" include literally censoring himself by typing "tinykitty" itself rather than letting the filter do it for him. He got a forum warning for that.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    I understand that rules are in place, but one of his "transgressions" include literally censoring himself by typing "tinykitty" itself rather than letting the filter do it for him. He got a forum warning for that.

Meanwhile in the introduce yourself thread....
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    bken1234 wrote:
    I can't promise anything, but I do plan on reaching out to him.

Hmm. Ignoring my friendly greeting and banning me again does seem like a slightly odd move in that case, but you're the professional at this.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hopefully we can come to an accord.
    Honestly the forums are a better place with shteev here - like many of us, he's a passionate follower of the game. He helps foster the community. There are others here that do the opposite, yet... they're still around. It's illogical.

I, too, frequently type tinykitty to censor myself -- I have had locked threads and gone head to head with people and I have never so much gotten a warning. Maybe it's because I'm a woman -- but we really know it's because I'm not shteev.

His transgression was challenging Hi-Fi -- who basically did two things in his capacity:

1. He posted generic and vague update notes and then never answered clarifying questions.

2. He sent regular warnings to shteev for "offenses" that don't even compare to what other people do.

Then he blocked shteev and took off.

For those of us who have stuck with this game for now going on a year -- we know the value shteev brings not only to this community, but to other "non-sanctioned" MTGPQ communities -- this forum is not the same with out him.

It is my hope that Brigby can recognize that the banning of shteev was a personal vendetta on Hi-Fi's part and brings him back into the fold. I would further like to see a relationship fostered, as they serve similar roles in different mediums and shteev can bring a lot of insight to D3 about what people really think, but are not posting here.

That's all I have to say. (perhaps)
  • Pestilence
    Pestilence Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    BBS- Bring Back Shteev

Like him or not he is the best voice the community has.
  • universe
    Options
    You're all very kind, but how do we know you're not just all me making a load of alternate accounts?