Secondary objective rewarding speed

Options
Maveric78f
Maveric78f Posts: 50
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Why are all the scondary objectives of the following kind: Play X or more times cards of type Y?

In the story mode, there are much more diversity and objectives that do not reward the ability of your deck to control the opponent while you find the objective cards. The following one got my attention because they incite the player to win fast:
- Play X or less times cards of type Y
- Lose X or less life
- Win in X or less turns
- Kill X or less opponent creatures

Mixing speed and control objectives would be the most interesting according to me:
2pts if you play 2 or more vampires
2pts if you win in less than 10 turns

Indeed, it means you have to be fast to have the perfect score. You also need some luck, but anyway, the repetition of games should reduce variance and best decks/players should finish the 50 or so games with the highest scores.

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would absolutely hate to lose points and rankings because RNG luck screwed me out of cards to be able to win fast enough.

So no, no luck based objectives thanks
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    Yeah, this would only be cool if rank didn't depend on your time and if the primitive inhabitants of Dev Island discovered saved deck slots. If only there was some sort of PVE event... a whimsical event that was basically an extension of story mode and incorporated all the wonderful things the OP described. Not to mention great rewards.
    Oh well, time to mindlessly grind QB...
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maveric78f wrote:
    - Win in X or less turns

How about 'Heads, 2 ribbons, Tails, 0 ribbons'?
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Maveric78f wrote:
    - Win in X or less turns

How about 'Heads, 2 ribbons, Tails, 0 ribbons'?

Why not roll 20 sided dice and have each number rolled do something different? We need more RNG in this game.
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Maveric78f wrote:
    Why are all the scondary objectives of the following kind: Play X or more times cards of type Y?

In the story mode, there are much more diversity and objectives that do not reward the ability of your deck to control the opponent while you find the objective cards. The following one got my attention because they incite the player to win fast:
    - Play X or less times cards of type Y
    - Lose X or less life
    - Win in X or less turns
    - Kill X or less opponent creatures

Mixing speed and control objectives would be the most interesting according to me:
    2pts if you play 2 or more vampires
    2pts if you win in less than 10 turns

Indeed, it means you have to be fast to have the perfect score. You also need some luck, but anyway, the repetition of games should reduce variance and best decks/players should finish the 50 or so games with the highest scores.

It is not all about luck here, he does have a point though, variety would be great.

How about:

Win by summoning 3 creatures or less.

Win by killing 3 or less of your opponent.

Or how about restrictive objectives:

Win without using spells, or using only 2 spells.

Or casting only 3 supports.

This are legitimately earnable with a reconfiguring of decks and luck doesn't play a big role in their attainment.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LeafHyren wrote:
    How about:

Win by summoning 3 creatures or less.

Win by killing 3 or less of your opponent.

Or how about restrictive objectives:

Win without using spells, or using only 2 spells.

Or casting only 3 supports.

This are legitimately earnable with a reconfiguring of decks and luck doesn't play a big role in their attainment.
    We already have bonuses similar to that in the Avacyn PVE event and the single player content. I don't know why they don't add them to the PVP events as well.
  • Maveric78f
    Options
    Exactly my point. All the current objectives are about stalling the game. Everybody knows how to do that with 8 cards right now, and in the end, one loss / one crash / one **** up start from the opponent deck (see screenshot at the end of the post) and you're out from the contenders.

And no, winning in 10 or less turns is not all about luck, it's also about good deckbuilding. Most of us should be able to do that consistently in any colour. Winning in 10 or less turns after playing 2 vampires. Now that's tricky and requires some skills in deckbuilding and in playing.

And finally, most important, yunnn will stop coming and bragging about perfect scores, because nobody will have perfect scores on 48 games.

500559Screenshot20161104132523.png