MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2016 Edition *Updated (11/28/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
"David wrote:
Moore"]Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In November, 2016
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

CHARACTERS
Stats for Doctor Strange can be found here:
3-Star: *** Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) ***
5-Star: ***** Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) *****

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Divine Champions Time Gem Season (11/17/16) Time Gem S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator (11/17/16) The Punisher - Army of One (Update - S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 8 will begin with Versus events starting on November 17th, 8:00 PM EST) Identity Theft Predator and Prey Army of Two (11/24/16) Eight Is Enough (11/27/16) (Update: Event start time corrected to November 27th) Real McCoy - Beast
*New Update*

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
    Meet Rocket and Groot Thick as Thieves Sim Challenge Prodigal Sun

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
    (11/14/16) She-Hulk Deadpool Gamora Black Widow Loki Required: Invisible Woman
    (11/19/16) Daken (Classic) Squirrel Girl Doctor Doom Mystique Hulk (Indestructible) 4* DPD - Carnage
    (11/24/2016) Sam Wilson (Falcon) Psylocke Beast Bullseye (Classic) Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) Required: Quake
    (11/29/2016)
*New Update*
Sentry
The Punisher (Dark Reign)
Blade (Daywalker)
Wolverine (Patch)
Human Torch (Classic)
Required: Drax

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    (11/17/16 - 11/23/16) 4* - Gwenpool, Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Mr. Fantastic, Thing 3* - Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Quicksilver, Rocket & Groot, Storm(Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch) 2* - Black Widow (Original), Magneto (Marvel NOW!) 1* - Iron Man (Model 35), Spiderman (Original)
    (11/24/16 - 11/30/16) 4* - Ant-Man, Kate Bishop, Wasp, X-23 3* - Daken (Classic), Deadpool (It's me, Deadpool!), Magneto (Classic), Scarlet Witch, Sentry 2* - Ares, Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) 1* - Hawkeye (Modern), Venom (Dark Avengers)

New December Sneak Peek Thread *New Update*
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55479

*(11/14/16) Lakestone - Updated S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 8 in Versus Events.
*(11/16/16) Lakestone - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest, Versus & Story events and Weekly Buff.
*(11/22/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest, Versus & Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
*(11/28/16) Brigby - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest, Versus events, and added link to December Sneak Peek thread.
*(11/02/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(11/04/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events and Deadpool's Daily Quest.
*(11/07/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events & Weekly Buffs.
*(11/09/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events.
*(11/11/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus & Story events and Deadpool's Dailies.

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boosted Elektra I will treat like boosted IW and hit without fear. I approve the 4* list (besides RHulk) especially with every 3* on the list champed.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boosted Elektra I will treat like boosted IW and hit without fear. I approve the 4* list (besides RHulk) especially with every 3* on the list champed.

Are you a 3 star player? If so, I wouldn't take TAH boosted as nothing to worry about. Especially in a week in which Rulk is also boosted. His blue going off every 4 turns will wear you down if you focus on Rulk (which you should). Meanwhile, you are not going to stop Rulk's green from going off with now two sources of green production, one in TAH blue and one from Rulk's purple. Throw in charged tiles from TAH black and you know you are getting hit with multiple greens from Rulk. Maybe you will get lucky though and TAH will use green instead.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    notamutant wrote:

Are you a 3 star player? If so, I wouldn't take TAH boosted as nothing to worry about. Especially in a week in which Rulk is also boosted. His blue going off every 4 turns will wear you down if you focus on Rulk (which you should). Meanwhile, you are not going to stop Rulk's green from going off with now two sources of green production, one in TAH blue and one from Rulk's purple. Throw in charged tiles from TAH black and you know you are getting hit with multiple greens from Rulk. Maybe you will get lucky though and TAH will use green instead.

Not many have him champed so that's why I'm not really worried about him. Some will, but I'll skip. I don't expect to see him all that much. Elektra either, really. It's going to be all RHulk all the time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rulk is going to wreck Dr Strange event
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Options
    Any word on when we'll see 3* strange in the DPD rotation?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yet another RHulk boosted Week. This time with the 4star green generator also boosted.. and surprisingly both announced pvp events feature green generators. Betting the third pvp in his week is either Switch or Thor then.

Just to see how miserable a week can be.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    im i overthinking this

Doctor event coming up

how im taking it

1 path will give you a 3 star
    1 path will give you a 4 star
    1 patch will give you the 5 star

right?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Daiches wrote:
    Yet another RHulk boosted Week. This time with the 4star green generator also boosted.. and surprisingly both announced pvp events feature green generators. Betting the third pvp in his week is either Switch or Thor then.

In the Dr. Strange announcement, they said we would see Red Shift followed by a Dr. Strange PVP this season. That seems to fit in right after Smash Hit.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches wrote:

In the Dr. Strange announcement, they said we would see Red Shift followed by a Dr. Strange PVP this season. That seems to fit in right after Smash Hit.

Insert Puke emoji.

This week is going to be worse than anything Boss Rush related.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not a good buff list for me. icon_e_sad.gif Looks like I'll have to rely on RNGesus is help me get Dr. Strange.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wonder if the strange pve will have the normal boost list or a special boost list like the boss events. is there any indication/confirmation of the type of event? alliance locked? normal pve? ???

and boosted rulk week is not fun in pvp, but sure is fun in pve. or at least faster, which, for me is fun.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm happy Strange can counterattack those annoying Dark Avengers. Come at me Juggs! I'll hit you right back!

I can't wait to use... His 3* version lol. I wouldn't mind seeing some more 3*s scattered throughout the year.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    wonder if the strange pve will have the normal boost list or a special boost list like the boss events. is there any indication/confirmation of the type of event? alliance locked? normal pve? ???

and boosted rulk week is not fun in pvp, but sure is fun in pve. or at least faster, which, for me is fun.

The following comments are purely my personal speculation based upon recent evidence in game of how demi/d3 is thinking.

It'll be alliance locked
    Top 1 finisher in each alliance will win a single 3Strange cover - the other 19 will get Yelena
    Rosters will be locked like Heroics with only the boosted list playable
    Boss node will be worse than Pheonix boss - only 1 in 1million fights will result in a player win - and you'll need to pass the boss node to start any of the subs
    You'll have to start each of the subs blind as to the prize received and only 1 will offer a token offering 10% chance of 5strange.

Predictive modelling ahead of the event running suggests that 1 5strange cover will be given out through this event and Demi/D3 hope the player base appreciates their generosity in allowing a single player to have a single cover for the new 5* hood who's health is so weedy he comes with a sick note for PVP in the hopes the other 5*s take it easy on him.

And the depressing bit - one or two of those statements might actually be true
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it just me or is rulk boosted way more than any other 4* ?

I hate boosted rulk week...tedious, frustrating
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Willis wrote:
    Any word on when we'll see 3* strange in the DPD rotation?

That's a good question. I'd like to know about tokens, too. I mean, generally, new 4*s and 5*s roll into the tokens at the start of a new season, so I figure that's what'll happen with the 3* Strange, but it'd be nice to know, too.

Of course, asking for more communication of information from the devs is a bit of a "when pigs fly" kind of thing, so odds are we'll just find out when they announce that it's happening. :/
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

The following was in the Marvel.com article and makes me think it is a normal pve:
    Josh Austin: The Doctor Strange Story Event will conclude Monday, November 7, 2:00 AM EDT. The event will enter the normal Event rotation once it has concluded.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The STEAM covers actually make me want to pull more Chulks icon_eek.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, I have all four 4*s champed for next week! PVE will be nice.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    It'll be alliance locked
    Well, there's a Boss, so obviously.
    Top 1 finisher in each alliance will win a single 3Strange cover - the other 19 will get Yelena
    The Strange cover makes sense, but 5-2 should get the required 2 star for next event (Bullseye?). And, realistically, tokens for the rest.
    Rosters will be locked like Heroics with only the boosted list playable
    You shouldn't suggest things like this. Just... no.
    Boss node will be worse than Pheonix boss - only 1 in 1million fights will result in a player win - and you'll need to pass the boss node to start any of the subs
    That was a silly joke to make since the post directly stated you have to pass through the chapter to get to the boss, not the other way around. The Boss part sounds right though, sad to say.
    You'll have to start each of the subs blind as to the prize received and only 1 will offer a token offering 10% chance of 5strange.
    Blind, yes. Each has the Sanctum token though. Again, that was directly stated, so it was a silly joke to make. (probably will become an LT in later runs).
    Predictive modelling ahead of the event running suggests that 1 5strange cover will be given out
    LoL, wut? icon_lol.gif given out. Given out. That kind of optimism has no place in this game or on this forum.
    through this event and Demi/D3 hope the player base appreciates their generosity in allowing a single player to have a single cover for the new 5* hood who's health is so weedy he comes with a sick note for PVP in the hopes the other 5*s take it easy on him.
    Well, 5 star.png Hood makes a depressing amount of sense. "You didn't care about him before in comics. Now get ready to not care about him in game all over again! With the might of Dormamu... Dormmamu? One sec... Okay, Dormammu, he can, um, redistribute your AP randomly at the beginning of your turn, moving up to ten AP from your largest pool to the others (including team up). And he can shoot things, with his pistols, because it's some kind of demon pistol? Say, does anyone know why that one ends the turn!?... Reasons?... Let's go with recoil. He's scrawny, so he can't handle recoil. Guys! Maybe that one should be a stun!... Already coded to end turn? So, yeah, it ends the turn. And... how about fire? Demon fire! I'm being told it's something else, but the whales spent so much, I'm just going to retire and say DEMON FIRE! I'm out!"
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Rulk is going to wreck Dr Strange event

The cynic in me thinks it'll be the other way round instead