MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2016 Edition *Updated (11/28/16)

Options

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    But "Thick as Thieves" again?
    In the 4 months since I started that'll be 3 runs of that and 0 of "Prodigal Sun"

You're not missing much with Prodigal Sun

indeed. 3/4 day events bring alot more to the table than a single 7 day. if i never see prodigal sun/hulk/eots again itll be too soon.

I was going to use this moment to plug the new Compendium of PVE Threads shameless plug! to share when the last Prodigal Sun event was run.

And that made me realise I completely missed Prodigal Sun in the compendium. I have heroics back to 2013, Growth Industry, Amadeus Inferno. But I forgot Prodigal Sun.

I don't know if that says something, but it at least means I have more work to do on the Compendium.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    But "Thick as Thieves" again?
    In the 4 months since I started that'll be 3 runs of that and 0 of "Prodigal Sun"

You're not missing much with Prodigal Sun

indeed. 3/4 day events bring alot more to the table than a single 7 day. if i never see prodigal sun/hulk/eots again itll be too soon.
    I agree with Prodigal Sun and Hulk (the free 3* covers aren't as big a deal post-SCL), but EotS gives a lot of free tokens through the Survival nodes (yes, at the cost of annoying ninja fights too).
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also, since the release pattern indicates the next PVE should be a new character release, you really really don't want it to be a 7 day event.

7 day release events stink.
  • Mercalla
    Options
    Title was changed to say "Updated (11/14/16)", but I don't see any updates. What was added?
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The update list is at the bottom of the post but it's CL8 being added to versus events at the start of time gem season. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mercalla
    Options
    Oh man, completely passed over that update line, was expecting to see it at the bottom of the list not the top. Thanks!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here is a question who is going to do the updates while they find a replacement for Dave? It would be nice to get the buff list for next week up since thick s thieves starts tomorrow.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Here is a question who is going to do the updates while they find a replacement for Dave? It would be nice to get the buff list for next week up since thick s thieves starts tomorrow.
    if they drag their feet much longer we'll just see it in game.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Probably LakeStone. He made the two announcements yesterday and updated this thread about SCL8 in the upcoming season. And he occasionally made announcements here instead of David if you look at the News & Announcements forum (can't recall Cthulhu starting any announcement posts in this forum, just character threads)
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for updating this post, Lakestone! In the future, if you (or Brigby, if he takes it over) could post a reply in the thread saying the original post has been updated, that would be awesome.

Also, one minor quibble: can you add in the character names for the upcoming Versus tournaments? I remembered Identity Theft was Mystique but had to look up Predator and Prey (using the forum PVP guide) to find that one is Black Panther.

Thanks again!
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for updating this post, Lakestone! In the future, if you (or Brigby, if he takes it over) could post a reply in the thread saying the original post has been updated, that would be awesome.

Also, one minor quibble: can you add in the character names for the upcoming Versus tournaments? I remembered Identity Theft was Mystique but had to look up Predator and Prey (using the forum PVP guide) to find that one is Black Panther.

Thanks again!

We will get it right, call it a rookie mistake icon_e_smile.gif Thanks for the feedback and we will improve this in the future.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The preview for Simulator is up, and I guess we can reset that "X months since Prodigal Sun" clock now.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    wow. panther pvp with jean boosted - good luck avoiding an aoe there. health packs anyone?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    wow. panther pvp with jean boosted - good luck avoiding an aoe there. health packs anyone?

Use Quake?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This really needs to be updated BEFORE Demiurge/D3 close for Thanksgiving
  • TxMoose
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

Use Quake?
    my champ quake will cut my boosted jean's aoes by 30-40% but will provide a huge "HIT ME" sign to anyone playing 5s. no thanks. might work at lower mmr but could not climb very high with unboosted quake in due to being hit relentlessly. like the first 2 with boosted jean, deny purple, deny green, chase black. still will be pack central.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not a full post but the next event is going to be Prodigal Sun.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed; based on the essential characters being all villains and it's been many months since it ran, Prodigal Sun is pretty definite. (If anyone's stockpiled tokens from the last Prodigal Sun, has the artwork changed?)

For PVP, I expect the next one after Black Panther to be Agent Venom. The debut PVP event for new characters traditionally start about a week after that character's PVE release event began.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed; based on the essential characters being all villains and it's been many months since it ran, Prodigal Sun is pretty definite. (If anyone's stockpiled tokens from the last Prodigal Sun, has the artwork changed?)

For PVP, I expect the next one after Black Panther to be Agent Venom. The debut PVP event for new characters traditionally start about a week after that character's PVE release event began.
    Stockpiled tokens only update on new charater releases.
    It could be Prodigal Sun but it could also be Gauntlet. Or perhaps the reason for no update, a boss event, it's too soon I hope for Boss Rush, but Galactus, Ultron, or Civil War are possible
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Token update" meaning the art on the draw screen changes to reflect the new round of featured characters.