**** Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) ****

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Plot Armor is an awesome team up. Send your whole team airborne (it ends the turn, since no one is there to make a match) and make protects. Especially if the AI is about to beat the **** out of you with something, like say, countdowns going off or any attack that will fire without a target (e.g. IM46's Girl Friday, team damage).

You tested it can be sent as a TU?
    Don't know if it can be sent, but I've received one after a fight, which implies that it can.

my favorite part of this power is how it ends stun.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Plot Armor is an awesome team up. Send your whole team airborne (it ends the turn, since no one is there to make a match) and make protects. Especially if the AI is about to beat the **** out of you with something, like say, countdowns going off or any attack that will fire without a target (e.g. IM46's Girl Friday, team damage).

Don't know if it can be sent, but I've received one after a fight, which implies that it can.

my favorite part of this power is how it ends stun.

Now these are cute little features that make me upgrade my opinion of this power from 'effectively useless' to 'still not good, but useful in a niche role.'

Take it as a teamup and use it against switch/ice/4thor/gorgon whenever a key member of your team is hit with a long stun.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I've used the black power on her loaner in the pvp a few times to good effect, avoiding an impending big hit. The thing is, I'm cool with Gwen taking the big hit here because she's a loaner, so her health is restored at the end of the match. If I was using my rostered version, I'd probably be less eager to let her take the hit.

Seems like she should have some true healing to make her black more viable in this use, especially given her low health. Perhaps tack it onto purple?
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    How do you know she hasn't already got a healing code....
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    spectator wrote:
    How do you know she hasn't already got a healing code....
    Because somebody has already tested all possible combinations and haven't found healing.
  • spectator
    I was sorta joking when I posted that but I do remember reading that the test were done with 3 covers. Who knows what 5 covers will uncover
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Instead of the almost pointless corner destruction, she should've had Color destruction! To me color destruction would've been the most important aspect of board control.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of the almost pointless corner destruction, she should've had Color destruction! To me color destruction would've been the most important aspect of board control.
    Only if it did no damage or AP generation probably. It would be destroying a specific color based on code input. probably only basic tiles too. But it could be nice, yeah.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    almost pointless corner destruction

Someone's never had to fight Professor Chuck with his invis tile lodged snugly in a corner.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, also at max level it's like, 3k damage for 4 AP which is totally solid.
  • spectator
    Gwenpool and quake for ultimate board control. Although cap is probably still better.
  • notamutant wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:

I got Plot Armor as a team-up. I got it from a battle with Gwenpool. It does what was described, it sent my entire team airborne for one turn.
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Gwenpool seems to have taken a nerf in the R112 update. I was rocking her with IM40 and LThor in the Venom Heroic. I was extremely lucky winning multiple covers, then insanely lucky with a cover pack pull and was able to champ her (my only 4*champ, Devil Dino doesn't count). Her purple can do 9000+ single opponent damage and selectively or randomly destroy tiles, including attack/strike/protect. Her green(at 5 covers) was doing 22026 of enemy team damage (7342 x 3). 3 shots would hit the enemy team randomly. If there was only one left, they would all hit the same enemy.
    If you can fill purple and green, or fill green twice (20 AP) every thing dies.
    Since 112, any of the three shots can miss. Anyone else playing Gwenpool or notice this?

Thanks
    RZ1
  • Gwenpool seems to have taken a nerf in the R112 update. I was rocking her with IM40 and LThor in the Venom Heroic. I was extremely lucky winning multiple covers, then insanely lucky with a cover pack pull and was able to champ her (my only 4*champ, Devil Dino doesn't count). Her purple can do 9000+ single opponent damage and selectively or randomly destroy tiles, including attack/strike/protect. Her green(at 5 covers) was doing 22026 of enemy team damage (7342 x 3). 3 shots would hit the enemy team randomly. If there was only one left, they would all hit the same enemy.
    Since 112, any of the three shots can miss. Anyone else playing Gwenpool or notice this?

Thanks
    RZ1
    What?? That's terrible!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwenpool seems to have taken a nerf in the R112 update. I was rocking her with IM40 and LThor in the Venom Heroic. I was extremely lucky winning multiple covers, then insanely lucky with a cover pack pull and was able to champ her (my only 4*champ, Devil Dino doesn't count). Her purple can do 9000+ single opponent damage and selectively or randomly destroy tiles, including attack/strike/protect. Her green(at 5 covers) was doing 22026 of enemy team damage (7342 x 3). 3 shots would hit the enemy team randomly. If there was only one left, they would all hit the same enemy.

Thanks
    RZ1

It may be a bug. People in my alliance are reporting that they cannot fire Chulk's black either. Make a thread in the bugs subforum.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    At 5 purple covers how many tiles can she destroy?

because symbiotes need to go hide under a rock.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Just champed Gwenpool, any preferred build? Assuming 5 in purple and green looking at the OP.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    gravel wrote:
    Just champed Gwenpool, any preferred build? Assuming 5 in purple and green looking at the OP.
    I'm guessing 5/3/5.

I just champed her myself, so waiting for a heroic so I can play her.
    Not going to try a 272 against my 5* scaling.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    gravel wrote:
    I'm guessing 5/3/5.

I just champed her myself, so waiting for a heroic so I can play her.
    Not going to try a 272 against my 5* scaling.

5/3/5 since black isnt great (but it's a very good teamup).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any particular reason why Gwenpool, who started as an April Fool's character, is still in the Legendary Token rotation, but neither Devil Dinosaur nor Howard the Duck are?

Honestly curious here, since I just got a Gwenpool green from the Crash of the Titans LT today...