*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

1171819202123»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the replies. Would you say that Scarlet Witch has the best Purple power of all the 3*?
    I'd say Fist, because it's way more reliable.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the replies. Would you say that Scarlet Witch has the best Purple power of all the 3*?

hehhhhh, no. A rundown of other purple abilities that are probably better:

Iron Fist's purple because it generates a ton of black and he remains relevant with 4*'s and even 5*'s
    Deadpool's Whales Whales Whales is better because it can one-shot about anything with points usage
    Loki's Illusions at a cool 5 AP can really chreate chaos
    Kamala Khan's purple can create a lot of green
    GSBW's purple, same green creation but targeted
    Doom's purple is very dangerous
    Blade's KYEC is strong

I think SW's purple probably goes here, before a lot of the **** purples (Falcon, Spider-Man, Daredevil etc.)
    It's a decent skill but the damage to cost ratio is too high, the stun part is great but you have Iceman now who stuns for 4 turns for a third of the cost.

SW is a great purple battery, purple can save your butt but its a random stun and it costs a lot.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Wanda's a great purple battery, agreed, and she's crazy useful as a member of the winfinite combo.

but:

Keep Your Enemies Closer is way better for wave nodes/TBE. It's cheaper, and does way more damage long-term. If you've got the strike tiles out before you cast it, it does more damage short-term, too.

Deceptive Tactics, I'd rather use over Reality Crush, as well, if only because it's generally attached to Sniper Rifle. Deceptive Tactics > boom goes the node.

Live long enough to cast it, and mega-Whales will down Galactus or the Civil War bosses. Or the level 300 Dark Avengers in clear 6 at the end of PvEs.

Fist's Purple can lay waste to a bunch of folk by itself, then help Fist kick out a boatload of strike tiles, and *then* power up Hulkbuster's black, or Full Blast, or Rage of the Panther. I think I'm taking this option for a single match.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    It depends on team composition and tactics. I use Wanda on those same 300 level PVE nodes (when applicable; it isn't always) because if I can down two I can lock down the third and save myself a lot of grief and health packs. Is it the *best* way to lock someone down? No, there are lots of other stun options, there are lots of faster target down options, etc., but she has been an integral part of many strategies I've run.

That said, if I'm choosing between her and say, Danny? Yeah, probably taking Danny because he's best in class.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Is Hex Bolt meant to have a chance to not destroy enemy special tiles? If so, that's probably what I hate the most about it. It's weak, overcosted, barely gives any AP in entirely random colours, and can't even bring itself to destroy that annoying enemy tile when it's right next to the targeted tile.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    Is Hex Bolt meant to have a chance to not destroy enemy special tiles? If so, that's probably what I hate the most about it. It's weak, overcosted, barely gives any AP in entirely random colours, and can't even bring itself to destroy that annoying enemy tile when it's right next to the targeted tile.

At rank 5 it destroys the chosen tile and 4 adjacent tiles that aren't friendly. It doesn't 'prefer' enemy tiles over neutral ones so in the middle of the board you have a 50% chance of getting a specific enemy tile, with better odds if you select a tile on the edge or in the corner (due to their being fewer adjacent tiles) or a tile surrounded mostly by "friendly" tiles.

It costs 8 Green AP and returns (generally) 4-5 AP, depending on rank and placement, 1 of the color you chose and the rest in more or less random colors. It's fine if you're at 13/14 AP for Reality Crush and there's a basic purple on the board, but no, in general its not very good. I never rank it higher than 3 and never use it if I have another Green power to use.

Except by accident, which also causes me to burst into tears.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else noticing that her Countdown tile isn't always producing the requisite number of purple tiles recently? I noticed it in the Deadpool's PvP Matchmaking event, and it's now biting me in The Gauntlet. I think it might be that it can no longer convert Team-Up tiles to purple, which would be a huge nerf if this is an expected change.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Anyone else noticing that her Countdown tile isn't always producing the requisite number of purple tiles recently? I noticed it in the Deadpool's PvP Matchmaking event, and it's now biting me in The Gauntlet. I think it might be that it can no longer convert Team-Up tiles to purple, which would be a huge nerf if this is an expected change.
    Pay attention to the surroundings of the countdown tile. It can only change basic tiles into purple, so if it's next to a lot of specials, you will get less than you expect.
    About team-up tiles - I'm gonna test this myself, but if anything, it would be bug, not a purposeful nerf. I'd advise writing a topic in Bugs and Technical Issues subforum. icon_e_wink.gif
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Piro_plock wrote:
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Pay attention to the surroundings of the countdown tile. It can only change basic tiles into purple, so if it's next to a lot of specials, you will get less than you expect.
    About team-up tiles - I'm gonna test this myself, but if anything, it would be bug, not a purposeful nerf. I'd advise writing a topic in Bugs and Technical Issues subforum. icon_e_wink.gif

It's a nerf. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59643
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    justsing wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:
    sambrookjm wrote:

It's a nerf. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59643
    Damn, that's bad news.
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    FYI for something I just found out, but Scarlet Witch's Arcane Incantation has been "fixed" (stealth? I couldn't find it in the R126 notes) to Transform basic or Team Up tilesSo Unnerfed.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    FYI for something I just found out, but Scarlet Witch's Arcane Incantation has been "fixed" (stealth? I couldn't find it in the R126 notes) to Transform basic or Team Up tilesSo Unnerfed.
    Pages and pages of happy good news:
    Update To Powers That Interact With Team-Up Tiles *Updated (5/12/17)