Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in Planeswalker Details
nJw96Tr.jpg

5M0beNU.jpg

Cost to Max Level: 79,920 runes

manablack.pngLilliana
1: Corrupt - cost: 9, 6 at max level
1 - you and your opponent discard your last card.
2 - you discard your last two cards and your opponent discards their last 2 cards.
3 - you discard your last two cards and your opponent discards their first and last card.
4 - you discard your last two cards and your opponent discards their first and last card. - Cost 6

2: Grave Mist - cost: 15
1 - activate 5: deal 1 damage to all creatures and players.
2 - activate 5: deal 1 damage to you and your creatures and 2 damage to opponent and its creatures.
3 - activate 5: deal 1 damage to you and your creatures and 3 damage to opponent and its creatures.
4 - activate 5: deal 1 damage to you and your creatures and 5 damage to opponent and its creatures.

3: Raise Dead - cost: 18, 15 at max level
1 - The last creature you controlled that was destroyed is returned to the battlefield.
2 - The last 2 creatures you controlled that was destroyed are returned to the battlefield.
3 - The last 3 creatures you controlled that was destroyed are returned to the battlefield.
4 - The last 3 creatures you controlled that was destroyed are returned to the battlefield. - Cost 15

Level 60 mana bonuses: manawhite.png | managreen.png | +1 manared.png | +3 manablack.png | +1 manablue.png
Level 60 HP: 94
Level 60 max Creatures: 10 Spells: 6 Supports: 3

Post your decks and tips for Liliana below!

Comments

• Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I am very underwhelmed with my level 34 Liliana deck. I'd love some suggestions on some fun decks. Limits: 7/5/5

Quick list of my notable mythics and rares:
    Mythics:
    Erebos's Titan, Sire of Stagnation, Smothering Abomination, Kalitas Traitor of Ghet
    Mirrorpool
    Rares:
    Ayli Eternal Pilgrim, Defiant Bloodlord, Endless One.
    Painful Truths, Languish, Dark Petition, Unholy Hunger, Helm of the Gods, Aligned Hedron Network
    Tainted Remedy, Orbs of Warding, Sword of the Animist, Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, Sunken Hollow

Thanks.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    I am very underwhelmed with my level 34 Liliana deck. I'd love some suggestions on some fun decks. Limits: 7/5/5

Quick list of my notable mythics and rares:
    Mythics:
    Erebos's Titan, Sire of Stagnation, Smothering Abomination, Kalitas Traitor of Ghet
    Mirrorpool
    Rares:
    Ayli Eternal Pilgrim, Defiant Bloodlord, Endless One.
    Painful Truths, Languish, Dark Petition, Unholy Hunger, Helm of the Gods, Aligned Hedron Network
    Tainted Remedy, Orbs of Warding, Sword of the Animist, Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, Sunken Hollow

Thanks.

Lilliana works best as a re-animator deck. You've got the two key rares - unholy hunger and Dark petition. Use hunger on the AIs creatures while you build loyalty. Use her 1st ability to chuck creatures to the graveyard (and spoil AI mana build) and then bring them into play with petition or her 3rd. See what other uncommons you've got with synergy and or mana around this. Sword helps to gain loyalty.
  • Reaganstorme
    edited July 2016
    fox1342 wrote:
    Lilliana works best as a re-animator deck. You've got the two key rares - unholy hunger and Dark petition. Use hunger on the AIs creatures while you build loyalty. Use her 1st ability to chuck creatures to the graveyard (and spoil AI mana build) and then bring them into play with petition or her 3rd. See what other uncommons you've got with synergy and or mana around this. Sword helps to gain loyalty.

Ok, giving that a try now. Thanks.

Creatures:
    Mindmelter
    Sire of Stagnation
    Ulamog's Despoiler

Spells:
    Nightsnare
    Dark Petition
    Unholy Hunger
    Grip of Desolation
    Transgress the Mind

Supports:
    Sword of the Animist
    Jayemdae Tome

EDIT - Hmm... 4 creatures seems like too many at times. Might drop one for another support. Maybe Shrine?

EDIT 2 - Dropped Erebos's Titan for Jayemdae Tome. Can toss extra cards for a draw. Ties in with Sire of Stagnation too.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Creatures:
    Mindmelter
    Sire of Stagnation
    Erebos's Titan
    Ulamog's Despoiler

Spells:
    Nightsnare
    Dark Petition
    Unholy Hunger
    Grip of Desolation
    Transgress the Mind

Supports:
    Sword of the Animist

Looks good. Level her up, she rocks in the new event.
  • Wildkat
    Wildkat Posts: 4
    I love my Lil deck. I call it my Gamblers deck. Frankly, it's just plain cruel.

Creatures

Graveblade marauder - decent cost, high defense. Instant kill to a defender

Void Winnower - High mana cost, but very durable at 11/9, and he's a total mana battery, giving you 3 mana for every match your opponent gets.

Priest of the blood rite - very cheap mana cost of 9, to summon 11 damage and 10 defense. Just be prepared to defend his traps, or he can bite you. A gamble, but well worth it in my experience.

Despoiler of souls - a bit costly as a 5/2, but his regen ability makes him quite useful.

Support

Shrine of he Forsaken God - very cheap mana cost and a very safe and efficient mana battery. Helps get out the Winnower.

Mirror pool - extremely cheap way to reinforce a new beast your summoning.

Demonic Pact - The ultimate gamble, but more than any other support in the game this card is an absolute game changer when paired with Lil. Opponent loses a card at start of every turn, and automatic 2 damage to all their creatures, and 1 DD to plains walker. If you play it, you must protect the support, but it's highly durable to start with 3 shield. This support is devastating, and plays a key role in putting your opponent in no card hell.

Spells

Grip of Desolation - one of two non rare in the deck for a reason. 5 cost instant kill with no restrictions? Yes please.

Transgress the mind - the other non rare. Cost of three to discard your opponents top card? The ultimate nuisance card.

Infinite obliteration - King of the discard nastiness. Cost of 6 to discard your opponents first and last. Similar effect to Lils ability, except you keep all our cards.

I always feel evil when I play this deck. Gives you a great chance to put your opponent in No card hell, which is a terrible place to be. This deck is quite strong, and takes a lot of bad luck to get a loss when playing with it. Enjoy your time dishing out no card hell to the hopeless AI
  • KroNoS
    KroNoS Posts: 38
    man... i think infinite obliteration is the 1 black Mythic card i want most currently. but so hard to get!

was lucky enough to pull the other 2 black mythics i wanted which combo nicely,
    Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
    Drana, Liberator of Malakir. this thing is a monster once it gets going.. throw a berserker plate once it gets big and watch it destroy a creature first strike every turn, creating a fresh zombie for kalitas and buffing whole line. its glorious to watch when it gets going.

creature partners with (when not mastering cards)

Graveblade
    hangarback walker.

i think a dranas chosen will round out my zombie buffing mythic base perfectly once it becomes available.

and of course the typical suite of black spells and supports.

dark petition
    transgress
    unholy hunger

smoldering marsh

these all help create a superpowered cycle of death for any creatures that pop up
    brawlers plate
    consecrated blood
    sword of the animist
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    KroNoS wrote:
    man... i think infinite obliteration is the 1 black Mythic card i want most currently. but so hard to get!

was lucky enough to pull the other 2 black mythics i wanted which combo nicely,
    Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
    Drana, Liberator of Malakir. this thing is a monster once it gets going.. throw a berserker plate once it gets big and watch it destroy a creature first strike every turn, creating a fresh zombie for kalitas and buffing whole line. its glorious to watch when it gets going.

creature partners with (when not mastering cards)

Graveblade
    hangarback walker.

i think a dranas chosen will round out my zombie buffing mythic base perfectly once it becomes available.

and of course the typical suite of black spells and supports.

dark petition
    transgress
    unholy hunger

smoldering marsh

these all help create a superpowered cycle of death for any creatures that pop up
    brawlers plate
    consecrated blood
    sword of the animist

man infinite obliteration was my first mythic i got from the 3 free daily cards back when this game started, but back then it was really underwhelming. ive tried the kalitas and drana combo, and really do enjoy it, but havent tried it with berserkers plate yet. do you often find yourself in need of more card draw or maybe holding creatures in your hand so that drana is in the first slot to get the berserkers effect on her??
  • KroNoS
    KroNoS Posts: 38
    man infinite obliteration was my first mythic i got from the 3 free daily cards back when this game started, but back then it was really underwhelming. ive tried the kalitas and drana combo, and really do enjoy it, but havent tried it with berserkers plate yet. do you often find yourself in need of more card draw or maybe holding creatures in your hand so that drana is in the first slot to get the berserkers effect on her??

really you dont need to overthink the perfect setup. you have so much kill in black as is. you dont want to drop berserkers too early though usually. you may notice i have 3 +2+2 buffer cards.

graveblade with consecrated blood(+2+2, flying, regenerate(2)) is a monster too.

even if things die. you can play recursion games in black.

i normally dont struggle with draw since a lot of things have high cost. unless im spamming lili first ability. and even then id have a suite of creatures out already.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    This is my reanimator deck:
    k5WTezR.jpg

Basically big eldrazis and reanimation.
    Some adjustements probably could be made.

First of it all the breaker of armies eldrazi is not great. It is included for more consistency for Titans presence.
    Will replace with kozilek or void winnnover when I get it.

One of the removals coul be removed.
    Weight of the underworld could be a candidate but it is good against stuff you cannot kill(UC, ereboros Titan).

I could try getting a way to draw cards(read the bones probably) and removing a kill spell.

At the moment anyways it is already really consistent and also not as slow as one could think.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta say, it's amazing how many times you can ride a first-turn Priest of the Blood Rite to victory with nary a bump.
  • Reaganstorme
    edited August 2016
    Ok, once they've sorted out some of the issues with Shadows Over Innistrad, this deck will work differently but still quite well.

Creatures (4):
    Indulgent Aristocrat
    Drana's Emissary
    Defiant Bloodlord
    Bloodbond Vampire

Spells (4):
    Grip of Desolation
    To the Slaughter
    Unholy Hunger
    Dark Petition

Supports (2):
    Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
    Call the Bloodline

Indulgent Aristocrat is supposed to discard a vampire to boost the ones in play by +1/+1 but currently doesn't discard. When he does, Liliana's 3rd ability and Dark Petition will get more work, but until then here's how it plays so far.

The 3-creature mix should be one of Defiant Bloodlord or Bloodbond Vampire, and two vampires generating life gain. Indulgent Aristocrat is your ideal candidate for one of the life-link creatures with his ability to pump everyone. Drana's Emissary or the Vampire Knights will be your third creature.

Try to have a removal spell primed between every other creature, and save up your Loyalty for resurrection if you need it. You can always pop a low toughness vamp and recall it with full health again if need be.

EDIT - Hmmm. Maybe three removal spells is one too many...
  • Mcjordan
    Mcjordan Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I recently made a zombie suicide deck that is a lot of fun to play (Prized Amalgam really needs to be fixed!):

Creatures:

Drana, Liberator of Malakir
    Fleshbag Marauder
    Relentless Dead
    Diregraf Colossus
    Prized Amalgam

Spells:

Haunted Cloak
    To the Slaughter
    Behold the Beyond
    Bone Splinters

Support:

Corrupted Grafstone

The focus of the deck is to play a ton of zombies, and buff the Diregraf Colossus. Where this deck really shines though is by repeatedly intentionally killing relentless dead with spells and fleshbag marauder to reinforce and buff really quickly. Liliana is not nearly as slow as she used to be!

This isn't Koth-level fast, but it is a lot of fun and plays differently from every other deck.
  • Morphis
    Liliana reanimator 2.0
    2pJYHwH.jpg

This is out of control.

Behold and beyond is totally awesome.

It has many advantages:
    - it is potentially a delayed ramp of 15 mana(costs 15 gives a total of 30)
    - can allow to draw up to 6 cards. This helps using Liliana first skill
    - it helps I. Getting the creatures in the graveyard for reanimation purposes
    - half of the deck cards are filled by it meaning you can cast the same turn you draw it
    - dark petition if drawn by it requires only a match of any color(3 mana) to be cast

This is probably my best deck when you factor defensive power(many removals) offensive power(big beaters that can come in play fast) and fun combo aspects(it is rather easy to get 30+ power on board by turn 3-4).

Behold and beyond can easily be the exert influence of black.
    Most black decks have no reason to not run it(even if not built after reanimation)
  • Morphling
    Morphling Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    do u find yourself with a lot of dead cards running 3 removal spells? i would recommend taking one out for tamiyo, grafstone, or transgress. Besides that, awesome deck man. I would love to get a Infinite Obliteration.......
  • Morphis
    Liliana zombie apocalypse
    CqSluCu.jpg

Some synergies:

-Kalitas spawns zombie tokens that stack with From under the floorboards

-Kalitas active skill has synergies with amalgam(will come back later) and relentless(come back with friend. But usually you have no free slot for the friend). Also diregraf gets big fast, giving it -2/-2 is usually not a problem

- relentless and amalgam can keep coming back and forth bringing diregraf to high stats.
    In particular any zombie that replaces amalgam will get it back instantly resulting in at least 4/4 stars for diregraf(more with more amalgams in the graveyard).
    From under spawns 3 zombies for diregraf resulting in 6/6 stat buff.

- all discards have sinergy with both amalgam and relentless skills. Also from under the floorboards has madness 3.
    With just Liliana first it goes down to 1 mana, icon_lol.gif

The only 2 bad things are:
    - amalgam is bugged meaning that the more you resurrect him the higher chances you have something will go bad and freeze the game.

- relentless on paper is good, but unlike amalgam is harder to get it killed(amalgam has defender).
    Also amalgam directly has advantage of being in the graveyard, relentless requires other stuff to be there AND die after summoning.
    Relentless also has quite higher mana cost.

More than anything it looks like this deck suffers heavily from the 3 creature limit.
  • Mcjordan
    Morphis wrote:
    Liliana zombie apocalypse
    CqSluCu.jpg

Some synergies:

-Kalitas spawns zombie tokens that stack with From under the floorboards

-Kalitas active skill has synergies with amalgam(will come back later) and relentless(come back with friend. But usually you have no free slot for the friend). Also diregraf gets big fast, giving it -2/-2 is usually not a problem

- relentless and amalgam can keep coming back and forth bringing diregraf to high stats.
    In particular any zombie that replaces amalgam will get it back instantly resulting in at least 4/4 stars for diregraf(more with more amalgams in the graveyard).
    From under spawns 3 zombies for diregraf resulting in 6/6 stat buff.

- all discards have sinergy with both amalgam and relentless skills. Also from under the floorboards has madness 3.
    With just Liliana first it goes down to 1 mana, icon_lol.gif

The only 2 bad things are:
    - amalgam is bugged meaning that the more you resurrect him the higher chances you have something will go bad and freeze the game.

- relentless on paper is good, but unlike amalgam is harder to get it killed(amalgam has defender).
    Also amalgam directly has advantage of being in the graveyard, relentless requires other stuff to be there AND die after summoning.
    Relentless also has quite higher mana cost.

More than anything it looks like this deck suffers heavily from the 3 creature limit.

I found Fleshbag Marauder worked better than Ever After. I run an almost identical deck; my Relentless Dead brought back everything already, and the added zombie in fleshbag plus the ability to kill off your own relentless dead which would spawn more zombies and further buff diregraf just seemed better all around. Ever after is more expensive than fleshbag, but did the same thing without the added body and killing of the opponent's creature.

I really REALLY want from under the floorboards. That is the one card my zombie deck is missing.
  • Morphis
    edited August 2016
    I tried fleshbag maraud in the beginning and did not like it.
    I could give it another chance just to have a way to get something out of relentless.

Edit: something I was hoping to work but was "not right" actually worked...
    Fleshbag sacrificing amalgam, resurrects amalgam. I mean THAT amalgam.
    Even if graveyard has not creatures... Amalgam gets sacrificed basically before fleshbag enters the battlefield...
    Unexpected and to be honest wrong... But welcome icon_e_wink.gif

Ever after was candidate in first place to be removed so I replace it with fleshbag.
  • Mcjordan
    Morphis wrote:
    I could give it another chance just to have a way to get something out of relentless.

I hear you about killing off relentless being difficult sometimes. I am still tinkering with my zombie deck, but for now I'm including bone splinters instead of Grip of Desolation and haunted cloak (which is the weakest link; definitely replacing it as soon as I get from under the floorboards).

I also agree that this deck is hurt more by the 3 creature limit than any other. I swapped Kalitas for Drana just to not have more zombies without a space for them lol. I also liked how Drana would buff everything since I was killing off my own zombies to recast/resurrect them so frequently. With From Under the Floorboards, it makes sense to keep Kalitas since you'd already have a Zombie spot. Without it, Kalitas isn't nearly as good icon_e_sad.gif

My deck is probably a little too focused on Relentless; when I have to behold the beyond just to draw it, it gets a bit slow. Your version might be better since it seems less reliant on that card. Thanks for posting, I'm going to try your version for a bit.
  • Morphis
    Mcjordan wrote:
    Morphis wrote:

I hear you about killing off relentless being difficult sometimes. I am still tinkering with my zombie deck, but for now I'm including bone splinters instead of Grip of Desolation and haunted cloak (which is the weakest link; definitely replacing it as soon as I get from under the floorboards).

I also agree that this deck is hurt more by the 3 creature limit than any other. I swapped Kalitas for Drana just to not have more zombies without a space for them lol. I also liked how Drana would buff everything since I was killing off my own zombies to recast/resurrect them so frequently. With From Under the Floorboards, it makes sense to keep Kalitas since you'd already have a Zombie spot. Without it, Kalitas isn't nearly as good icon_e_sad.gif

My deck is probably a little too focused on Relentless; when I have to behold the beyond just to draw it, it gets a bit slow. Your version might be better since it seems less reliant on that card. Thanks for posting, I'm going to try your version for a bit.

You actually made me try again fleshbag giving me the chance to discover the double sinergy(see my edit above)

This is the revised version:
    I0Memur.jpg

I decided from the very beginning to stay away from Drana cause she costs too much. Without ways to cheat her in play(reanimation) it's just too slow.
    Instead in this deck most stuff is rather cheap, 10 or less mana.
    That makes it good for post behold the beyond but easy enough to cast even without.
  • Mcjordan
    Morphis wrote:
    You actually made me try again fleshbag giving me the chance to discover the double sinergy(see my edit above)

This is the revised version:
    I0Memur.jpg

I decided from the very beginning to stay away from Drana cause she costs too much. Without ways to cheat her in play(reanimation) it's just too slow.
    Instead in this deck most stuff is rather cheap, 10 or less mana.
    That makes it good for post behold the beyond but easy enough to cast even without.

Looks good! Can't wait to pull from under the floorboards.