2»

Comments

• Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Keegan wrote:
    majincob wrote:
    Mizzium Meddler's ability has been changed in the next release. It's body remains unchanged (Toughness remains cheap for Blue) but it's ability is much weaker. It's still a good card, it's just not anymore something you'll play and it'll win you the game because the AI can't play against it.
    Boo! Always with the nerfing of my good cards (but the good ones I don't have DON'T get nerfed).

No matter much how I like playing with Mizzium, I'll readily admit that when a single card can win or lose you the game (against the AI, I almost always just quit those games) regardless of most board circumstance, that card is broken and needs to be nerfed.

You are correct of course, but I really enjoy playing broken stuff. That's what is most fun for me icon_e_smile.gif
    Also I don't think it's too annoying to play against as you can reorder stuff in your hand and make strategic choices. Definitely not a *rage quit* card when I see the AI play it. Now the Hexproof dudes... immunity to board effects is ridiculous.

Mizzium Meddler broke the AI. If it didn't, we would have left it as is. I really, *really* love the effect, and it's something we can only do in a game like MTGPQ, so I was actually very sad it had to go.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Also I don't think it's too annoying to play against as you can reorder stuff in your hand and make strategic choices. Definitely not a *rage quit* card when I see the AI play it. Now the Hexproof dudes... immunity to board effects is ridiculous.

I don't think you meant rage quit in the true sense, but I'll clarify: quitting those matches against Jace in PvP is often a strategic decision on how to allocate my time and PW resources to maximize points being gained. Why waste eight to ten minutes - sometimes up to fifteen minutes - with against Jace when I can bench that PW while health regenerates and burn through three other matches in the same amount of time? Makes no sense.

Anyway, I agree that effect was cool and unique, and fun to play when I'm on offense. It was really unmanageable in the sum total of the game, though.