**** Howard the Duck (Howard, A Duck) ****

Comments

• elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    The damage on green seems really low, but blue and purple are pretty solid skills at 5. 5 purple will be incredibly annoying if the AI can fire it off, and hilarious on Offence. 1600 damage per turn may not sound scary, but the fact that you basically need to have JG around to make him visible again means he can cause a lot of health packs to be burned. Certainly not top 10, but probably fun when boosted and certainly fun in PVE. Just wish Blue also targeted countdowns.
    I dont think jean removes invis, so he could be a crazy survival champ but super annoying and SLOWWWW
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need to make this my signature:

OH GOOD! A NEW CHARACTER!

g1400820996856673053.jpg
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    OJSP wrote:
    I dont think jean removes invis, so he could be a crazy survival champ but super annoying and SLOWWWW
    Actually she does, her purpleflag.png was updated in one of the patches (back in September 2015, but there was no announcement as far as I remember). The Character Info in her thread is actually incorrect. (There's plenty of Jean Greys with 5 purpleflag.png in people's rosters to confirm this icon_e_smile.gif )

Sure enough she does never paid attention and I use her primarily.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Is his powers weren't bad enough already, his pink does not place 5 invisibility tiles if there are not 5 available pink tiles. They should change the description. Since you need pink to activate, many times you will get less than 5 tiles out. so disappointing!
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    adamdivine wrote:
    Is his powers weren't bad enough already, his pink does not place 5 invisibility tiles if there are not 5 available pink tiles. They should change the description. Since you need pink to activate, many times you will get less than 5 tiles out. so disappointing!

Wow you already have 5 purple covers? The description does say "creates" invis tiles but so does OML's red power and probably Daken too. Not being snarky, just that I think it is implied that if there are no "x" color tiles for the power to generate on it won't work. Like in battles between Daken and OML for example, if you fill the red tiles with your strikes then a green gets matched, Daken can't "create" his strikes, same for Antman/ 2* Bullseye, too many proc tiles and you can't get off attack tiles.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    adamdivine wrote:

As anyone who has tried to activate Hot Dog Stand can attest, it's pretty hard for there to be fewer than 5 tiles of a single color on the board, even when you're hunting them down and matching them whenever you can. Unless there are color-changing shenanigans going on, but that's a different story.

You might as well argue that he's vulnerable to effects that destroy all Purple tiles (which I guess is true) but I don't see how that makes him any different from any other character that benefits from tiles of a specific color being on the board.
  • adamdivine
    My point, other than the power being bad, was that the description says it creates 5 tiles. Not creates 5 pink tiles. Also states creates not changes. Description should be changed.
  • adamdivine
    No I don't have 5 covers, just talking about the loaner
  • Jaedenkaal
    adamdivine wrote:
    My point, other than the power being bad, was that the description says it creates 5 tiles. Not creates 5 pink tiles. Also states creates not changes. Description should be changed.

If you're looking for sleek, templated terminology, this may not be the game for you.
  • Jaedenkaal
    ElAkkra wrote:
    It's not written the same way as Magneto's red. His (Magneto's) red destroys tiles, dealing X damage per tile; Howard's is written as "do Y damage per tile, then destroy tiles." So the question is whether that's actually a one-two punch as the name suggests (doing his normal tile destruction damage for green after he's done the special damage per tile) or just one attack that overrides his normal green damage.

I read it as the former (which'd mean 288 + 83, plus double dipping on strikes), which seems a much more reasonable 4 star.png damage output.

Confirmed yesterday that Quack-Fu One-Two does the listed damage PLUS the damage for destroying the tiles. It does not double dip on strike tile damage.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    https://youtu.be/cvgAS-6L46g?t=4m33s

Yeah, Howard the Sucks is bad even boosted. I forgot that his green only had 3 covers though in terms of its low damage, so forgive me for saying his green was the worst. It is still bad though.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Love the Duck, Duck, Loose animation...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was disappointed by the Bill of Rights sound effects, but DDL made up for it.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Is Howard a trophy character, as DevilDino, so his availability will be very limited, or will he be added to regular tokens?

If so, I do not feel like keeping him after DPD Crash featuring him. I still keep DDino because of sentimental value (it was the first 4* i got a fistful of cover for, and it HAD a Kirby cover), but it is difficult to keep the pace of ISO and slots required for new characters.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Is Howard a trophy character, as DevilDino, so his availability will be very limited, or will he be added to regular tokens?

If so, I do not feel like keeping him after DPD Crash featuring him. I still keep DDino because of sentimental value (it was the first 4* i got a fistful of cover for, and it HAD a Kirby cover), but it is difficult to keep the pace of ISO and slots required for new characters.
    The devs have said he's a limited availability release, but they haven't said he won't be available again at a later time. Seems a bit odd to make a brand new PvE and then never be able to run it again, so my feeling is Duck Season might come back, perhaps for the third anniversary.
    But if you can't get any more covers for him at least you won't need to put any more ISO into him either!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Wolarsen wrote:

The devs have said he's a limited availability release, but they haven't said he won't be available again at a later time. Seems a bit odd to make a brand new PvE and then never be able to run it again, so my feeling is Duck Season might come back, perhaps for the third anniversary.
    But if you can't get any more covers for him at least you won't need to put any more ISO into him either!

Hmm, that could be extra fun come Anniversary week! Webbed Wonder with Howard & Devil Dino at increased drop rates with the usual 50 HP 1st pull per day!!!

Oh, I can only dream...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Wolarsen wrote:

Hmm, that could be extra fun come Anniversary week! Webbed Wonder with Howard & Devil Dino at increased drop rates with the usual 50 HP 1st pull per day!!!

Oh, I can only dream...

Wouldn't it be better to dream of characters who are actually GOOD, at increased drop rates, at cheaper costs, especially during an anniversary?????

:+/
  • Quebbster
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Wolarsen wrote:

Oh, I can only dream...

Wouldn't it be better to dream of characters who are actually GOOD, at increased drop rates, at cheaper costs, especially during an anniversary?????

I'd prefer it if good characters weren't limited releases, actually.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Now that Howard is the default character for the current PVP event, I have been fiddling around with him and playing against him and ... wow. His purple at times can be severely overpowered.

3 special purple tiles and I have to match all of them to make Howard visible again. Depending on the match, by the time I manage to do that, Howard has saved up enough purple to go invisible again. I had a match last almost 45 minutes!!! just because of the fact I couldn't get him to stay visible for a single turn, while his health was at 450. I would prefer they had limited it to one invisible tile instead of 3, because depending on the situation, he can sit there invisibly for an eternity.
  • Quebbster
    kyo28 wrote:
    Now that Howard is the default character for the current PVP event, I have been fiddling around with him and playing against him and ... wow. His purple at times can be severely overpowered.

3 special purple tiles and I have to match all of them to make Howard visible again. Depending on the match, by the time I manage to do that, Howard has saved up enough purple to go invisible again. I had a match last almost 45 minutes!!! just because of the fact I couldn't get him to stay visible for a single turn, while his health was at 450. I would prefer they had limited it to one invisible tile instead of 3, because depending on the situation, he can sit there invisibly for an eternity.
    Keep in mind he makes even more tiles at higher levels...