PVE: Enemy of the State (2016-03-17 to 2016-03-24)

jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Event Info
Episode 6: Enemy of the State
Length of Event: 7 days
Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 6 Length of Sub-Events: 48 or 24 hours
Main Bracket Size: 1000 Sub Bracket Size: 1000
Unique Reward(s): 1000 ISO; EotS Recruit Token
Other Notes:
  • There are Main nodes to open up the sub-events. These nodes are team-up nodes. The first sub-event's main node is repeatable for points only while Sub-Event 1 is open. All other main nodes to open the sub-events are one time only nodes.
  • Enemy Types (Main): Wolverine (2*), Hammer Goons, Hand Goons
  • This event introduced "Survival Mode". This is a node with waves of enemies. The number of waves per node and number of enemies per wave varies. Points are gained after each wave.
  • Some wave nodes throughout the event give unique rewards of 1000 ISO or an EotS Recruit Token.
  • Sub-Event 1: S.H.I.E.L.D. Base
    • Number of Main Nodes to Open Sub-Event: 1
    • Length: 48 hours
    • Unique Rewards: 1000 ISO, EotS Recruit Token
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 9 Total. 1 Team-Up (repeatable); 3 Regular (repeatable); 2 Wave (repeatable); 3 Essential (2 regular; 1 wave) (repeatable)
    • Enemy Types: Wolverine (2*), Hammer Goons, Hand Goons
  • Sub-Event 2: Avenger's Tower
    • Length: 24 hours
    • Unique Rewards: EotS Recruit Token
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 9 Total. 4 Regular (repeatable); 2 Wave (repeatable); 3 Essential (2 regular; 1 wave) (repeatable)
    • Enemy Types: Wolverine (2*), Hand Goons
  • Sub-Event 3: The X-Mansion
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 9 Total. 4 Regular (repeatable); 2 Wave (repeatable); 3 Essential (2 regular; 1 wave) (repeatable)
    • Enemy Types: Wolverine (2*), Hand Goons
  • Sub-Event 4: Hell's Kitchen
    • Unique Rewards: None
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 10 Total. 6 Regular (repeatable); 3 Essential (3 regular) (repeatable); 1 One-Time Only (team-up)
    • Enemy Types: Gorgon, Wolverine (2*), Hand Goons
  • Sub-Event 5: Hand Fortress
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 9 Total. 3 Regular (repeatable); 3 Wave (repeatable); 3 Essential (2 regular; 1 wave) (repeatable)
    • Enemy Types: Gorgon, Hand Goons
  • Sub-Event 6: Nick Fury Rescue
    • Length: 24 Hours
    • Unique Rewards: EotS Recruit Token
    • Enemy Types: Gorgon, Hammer Goons, Hand Goons
Link to mags1587 PVE Format Guide

Powered Up
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_ghostrider.png (Essential)
icon_quake.png (new)
icon_iceman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_cyclops.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_beast.png (Essential)
icon_punisher.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_blade.pngicon_hood.pngicon_psylocke.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_ms_marvel.png (Essential)
icon_thor.pngicon_blackwidow.png

star.png
icon_storm.pngicon_ironman.png

Progression awards:
100: token_standard.png
500: 100 iso8big.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
2900: healthpackbig.png
6500: rainbow AP stockpile
11100: 250 iso8big.png
16500: star.pngstar.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png
22500: 250 iso8big.png
29500: token_event.png
37000: 250 iso8big.png
45000: star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png
53500: 500 iso8big.png
62000: 50 heropointsbig.png
71500: 500 iso8big.png
81500: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_beast.pnggreenflag.png
91500: 1000 iso8big.png
105000: 25 heropointsbig.png
121000: token_event.png
138000: 2000 iso8big.png
156000: 25 commandpointsbig.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png + rewards for 2-5
2-5: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png + rewards for 6-10
6-10: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png + rewards for 11-20
11-20: icon_thor.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png , 3000 iso8big.png, 100 heropointsbig.png
21-50: icon_thor.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png , 2500 iso8big.png, 100 heropointsbig.png
51-100: icon_thor.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png , 2000 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
101-200: icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png , 1500 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
201-300: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 1000 iso8big.png, 25 heropointsbig.png
301-400: icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png , 500 iso8big.png
401-500: token_standard.png x 3, 250 iso8big.png
501-600: token_standard.png x 2, 250 iso8big.png
601-800: token_standard.png, 250 iso8big.png
801-1000: 250 iso8big.png

BONUS!
"David wrote:
Moore"]
We’re all pretty excited about the new changes and hope you enjoy them as well. As part of a thank-you for helping us with testing this system, we will be rewarding users who participate in it. Just for playing in the event, you will get three extra Enemy of the State tokens. If you place in the top 50 of your leaderboard you will also receive 10 Command Points. These will be gifted to everyone that participated the day after the event ends.

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png , 5000 iso8big.png, 250 heropointsbig.png
3-10: icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png , 5000 iso8big.png, 100 heropointsbig.png
11-25: icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png , 3000 iso8big.png, 100 heropointsbig.png
26-50: icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png , 2000 iso8big.png, 100 heropointsbig.png
51-100: icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png , 1000 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
101-250: 1000 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
251-500: 500 iso8big.png, 25 heropointsbig.png
501-1000: 500 iso8big.png
1001-10000: 250 iso8big.png

Sub-Event Placement Rewards
1-2: token_event.png x2, 1000 iso8big.png, 100 heropointsbig.png, 2 commandpointsbig.png
3-10: token_event.png , 1000 iso8big.png, 100 heropointsbig.png, 1 commandpointsbig.png
11-50: token_event.png , 1000 iso8big.png, 50 heropointsbig.png
51-100: token_event.png , 1000 iso8big.png
101-200: token_event.png , 500 iso8big.png
201-300: token_event.png , 250 iso8big.png
301-400: token_heroic.png , 250 iso8big.png
401-500: token_standard.png x3, 250 iso8big.png
5ß1-600: token_standard.png x2, 250 iso8big.png
601-800: token_standard.png , 250 iso8big.png
801-900: 140 iso8big.png
901-1000: 70 iso8big.png

Alliance
1-10: token_event.png , 250 iso8big.png
11-50: token_event.png , 100 iso8big.png
51-100: token_heroic.png , 100 iso8big.png
101-250: token_heroic.png ,70 iso8big.png
251-1000: token_standard.png x3, 70 iso8big.png
1001-2000: token_standard.png x2, 70 iso8big.png
2001-5000: token_standard.png , 70 iso8big.png
5001-10000: token_standard.png

Ending Time Countdowns:
Previous runs
PVE: Enemy of the State (2016-01-07 to 2016-01-14)
PVE: Enemy of the State 22 Oct - 30 Oct
PVE: Enemy of the State (August 13-21)
PVE: Enemy of the State (July 9-17)
Enemy of the State - April 30 - May 8
Enemy of the State - Feb 18 - 24
Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Comments

• Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Have a question about the progression rewards....

specifically in light of a 48hr sub...

You get 6 clears at full points, which seems perfect for a 24hr Sub, as historically 4 clears a day generally gets you the full progression reward.

But in a 48hr sub based on the current mechanism, at best you get 6 full clears across the 2 days and then the depleting roster.

Do we know what the maths are behind the progression reward?

Do 8 total clears in a 48 sub (at virtually full points) and 4 per 24 hour sub get you there (would have been comfortable in the old PVE format)?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really wish they'd revisit the setup of these infernal "Overscaled Wolverine + red feeders" nodes. It's not freaking fun to eat multiple Adamantium slashes at nearly 5K apiece (final node for me on the first attempt), meanwhile the board itself is red dry so neither Hood nor Blade can do much to help.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    And just think, Gorgon hasn't even shown up in this event yet! That guy is going to be brutal as he scales in this.
  • DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I understand the reasons of this test but this is what I would like to say, just to express my opinion.
    It could be quite right to set difficulty on player's heroes' level but this means games starts from difficult to become nightmare.
    And this without counting each battle increasing opponents' level.
    More: if I struggled to get all my preferred characters, this way I can play only with higher ones.
    I dislike it.
    I think it was right the old way, with difficulty increasing while proceeding with battles.
    But without the jump after the third battle.
    It was 30lvl, then 40lvl, then 70lvl and then 130lvl?!
    I think it should be progressive so people can use all their roster and all heroes.
    You could adjust this progression and then add the increase level thing.
    It coul be fair this way.
    I appreciate you're trying to level players' possibilities so the game can be more accessible.

+
  • I don't like the new points system. This has always been my favorite event, partly because the points would get so high for individual battles. It made it possible to get into the higher progression rewards. But now, my highest battle is worth 550 points. The second to last wave battle is 371 points. I wonder if it is because I played the levels right after the event started. But now they're locked at those numbers. I remember there used to be battles worth thousands of points. How is it possible to get into the 100,000 progression rewards with battles like that? That's my take on the new experiment.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ucferret wrote:
    I don't like the new points system. This has always been my favorite event, partly because the points would get so high for individual battles. It made it possible to get into the higher progression rewards. But now, my highest battle is worth 550 points. The second to last wave battle is 371 points. I wonder if it is because I played the levels right after the event started. But now they're locked at those numbers. I remember there used to be battles worth thousands of points. How is it possible to get into the 100,000 progression rewards with battles like that? That's my take on the new experiment.
    Two words: Point inflation. The points start out modest but increase in each sub until they reach insane levels in the end.
    In one run of Enemy of the State I doubled my score during the last two days, so I'm not worried yet.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Caltrops were always annoying, but under the new scaling they are completely effing ridiculous.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    What were the high scores for the first shield base? I'm in the final slice ranked #2 at 25798. Can I take the last hour off and still make top 10?
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Uh...why did the loaner node with the essential characters and Wolverine go away?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really wish they'd revisit the setup of these infernal "Overscaled Wolverine + red feeders" nodes. It's not freaking fun to eat multiple Adamantium slashes at nearly 5K apiece (final node for me on the first attempt), meanwhile the board itself is red dry so neither Hood nor Blade can do much to help.

They seriously need to rework how goon ap works, they shouldn't be paired up with somebody that uses the same colour as them, they should not generate any if there was no potential match in their colour and maybe they should not even generate any at all if they have a character on their side making moves at all since the generating ap was meant to offset them not making moves rather than being a massive accelerator.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Caltrops were always annoying, but under the new scaling they are completely effing ridiculous.

On one of those Ghost Rider essential nodes, I checked his Penance Stare and it said that a kinishi hand goon had done 14000+ in damage so far in that match, all from caltrops. (Thankfully spread out across the team). icon_rolleyes.gif

Very satisfying to fire that off on him tho.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    used star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngicon_kamalakhan.png and star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png to clear the black hole node

thank god the first wave was goons so I could build up the ap required for winfinite icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    originally played that event for iso, because THAT grind for placement is a joke.
    good thing there are a lot of event tokens to win, right?

then i saw the vault and counted 13x ms marvel...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    ammenell wrote:
    originally played that event for iso, because THAT grind for placement is a joke.
    good thing there are a lot of event tokens to win, right?

then i saw the vault and counted 13x ms marvel...
    I've been getting Ms Marvel like there's no tomorrow
    That just illustrates the odds of getting her with the old event tokens.. she's the essential 2*, so she has a higher drop percentage.
    meh, its all coming together...
    i miss ghost rider, dont want to roster ms marvel, scaling is a joke, wave nodes give single rewards and then nothing, ...
    but actually realizing that all your event tokens are potentially ms marvels is just the icing on the cake.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    ammenell wrote:
    i miss ghost rider, dont want to roster ms marvel, scaling is a joke, wave nodes give single rewards and then nothing, ...
    but actually realizing that all your event tokens are potentially ms marvels is just the icing on the cake.

I'm in the early 3* - 4* transition, but at least from a meta perspective, Ms. Marvel is not terrible to keep in your roster for DDQ. My typical 2* team is Storm, Magneto, Black Widow, but given that those characters can be locked out, I keep Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel as alternates. Strategic Command is a cheap and effective feeder for Speed Shot.

But I'm fine with Ms. Marvel tokens since she's championed. Now Moonstone on the other hand...
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Ugh. Sub 4 is the WORST. Nothing but Wolverine, Gorgon, and red ap generators.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh. Sub 4 is the WORST. Nothing but Wolverine, Gorgon, and red ap generators.
    I can't wait until LRs start. then at least i'll feel like I'm making progress again.
  • Do any one have any tips on all the nodes with wolverine and red goon generating guys???

Keep getting hited with 4-5k adamantium slash!! icon_mad.gif
  • Ghostwolf7 , advice will be dependent on your roster. If there IM40 and Cap. America3* use them. Still I managed to pass Thor + Torch +OBW Beast + Psylocke + OBW or Cyclops + Mag3* +OBW
    The essence of the scheme: tank/quick damage + quick damage + treatment/theft/increase AP
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Ghostwolf7 wrote:
    Do any one have any tips on all the nodes with wolverine and red goon generating guys???

Keep getting hited with 4-5k adamantium slash!! icon_mad.gif
    i actually downed them pretty easy with icon_ironman.pngicon_ragnarok.png and star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png

I was fortunate enough go get a match 4 yellow which took out two yellow ap sitting in the corner so I managed to get off iron man's recharge on the second turn, stunned wolvie then spammed ragnarok's red which led to 12 blue AP, stunned gorgon then rinsed and repeat

they never got out of the stunlock and whatever meteor hammer red tiles the guy was generating was wiped away by the chains of 4 blue matches going off from rag's red