**** Quake (Daisy Johnson) ****

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    blue sounds meh - targeted version of rulk red? and costs 7 ap? maybe it will include cds - would be helpful for goons. yellow is interesting against the jeans and rulks of the world, but useless against the hbs and cykes of the world. green is an expensive nuke, similar to cmags - ish. interested in seeing the specifics, but not overwhelmed.

Hopefully it destroys more tiles at 5 covers. Cmag (his red) has taught me that getting rid of a color you don't want is an amazing ability.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    it really does make sense for it to be Emma.
    It's Quake. Really. For sure. I'd really like to avoid 3 more pages of guessing and speculation.

Must be nice to have the inside scoop then as to who the new champs coming out are.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    The yellow sounds like the one to get
    I was thinking 5/3/5. Blue is going to make sure JG never gets the AP to get her abilities off in the first place.

Good point, I overlooked that the destroyed random tiles match the targeted color. I guess we'll have to see how they look with 5 ranks to be sure, but that could shut down a lot of character types if it builds to 9 tiles or more.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I absolutely love watching Agents of Shield and the anticipation of this being Daisy makes me giddy! Wonder if she'll be like Scarlet Witch, where her in-game model is based on the MCU appearance vs the comics. Makes sense to tie her release to the return of AoS next week isn't it? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tatercat
    edited March 2016
    Philly484 wrote:
    The Yellow doesn't make sense for Daisy. I know she has Psi Shields and she is immune to her own seismic manipulation, but stone doesnt help protect against psychic attacks. I could see it being Emma Frost in that many instances she goes Diamond Form and take the brunt of an attack for her team, + she is immune to psychic attacks when in diamond Form. If this character is geared toward being a counter for All New X-Men Jean, then yes it really does make sense for it to be Emma. I mean it could be daisy if they are trying to promote current Marvel trends with Agents of Shield and she would be another Inhuman to add. I just don't think the yellow makes sense for her power set unless it a wall of stone, and even then it wouldn't protect against a very powerful psychic attack in marvel comicverse.

Yes, but this also the same game that has fishnet Black Widow healing people with the power of stolen Anti-Gravity. Sometimes gameplay logic has to take precedent over comic book logic for it to work right in the game. or at least work the way the devs intend it to. If they have to get fudgey on the details to get something they want at times... well, the comics are guilty of that too.

Believe me, I want Emma too, she is a much better character then Daisy, but its looking like this is an earth mover. All it would take is for the text explanation to say "the vibration of the constant tremors ruins the concentration of all enemies, diminishing their focus" or some variation of that, and suddenly you have defense against even psychics.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    on second thought, blue could work well with xpool, depending on how many she ends up popping at 5 covers. assuming the yellow won't be strong enough to warrant 5, plus will depend on opposing team - might benefit from champing respec ability.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    The great thing about this character is they can go 5,3,5 or 3,5,5, or 5,5,3 depending on your opponent and depending on who you pair them with. Unfortunately unless green is just devistatingly powerful this character feels more like a PVE champion over PVP. The reason is the AI will choose a random color to destroy with blue and green will not fire very often costing 11AP. In PVP if you leave out on defense 5,3,5 seems best as yu will get the most damage from abilities and at 3 covers her yellow will make people avoid AOE's until they are down.
    PVE against goons with big AOE CD 5 yellow will be awsome being able to ignore a rocket launcher or any of those big AOE CD will be sweet. You can then bring a big green user or a stronger blue user for damage.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    It also doesn't specify if green is single character damage or team damage. Green tends to be a team damage color.
    Correct... her green is AoE
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    If it is Quake, I'm curious what cover they'll use too. she's not on many, this is the only one I can think of offhand:

portrait_incredible.jpg
    This one seems more likely to me, if it is Quake:

secretwarriors22.jpg
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    The Yellow doesn't make sense for Daisy. I know she has Psi Shields and she is immune to her own seismic manipulation, but stone doesnt help protect against psychic attacks. I could see it being Emma Frost in that many instances she goes Diamond Form and take the brunt of an attack for her team, + she is immune to psychic attacks when in diamond Form. If this character is geared toward being a counter for All New X-Men Jean, then yes it really does make sense for it to be Emma. I mean it could be daisy if they are trying to promote current Marvel trends with Agents of Shield and she would be another Inhuman to add. I just don't think the yellow makes sense for her power set unless it a wall of stone, and even then it wouldn't protect against a very powerful psychic attack in marvel comicverse.

Yes, but this also the same game that has fishnet Black Widow healing people with the power of stolen Anti-Gravity. Sometimes gameplay logic has to take precedent over comic book logic for it to work right in the game. or at least work the way the devs intend it to. If they have to get fudgey on the details to get something they want at times... well, the comics are guilty of that too.

Believe me, I want Emma too, she is a much better character then Daisy, but its looking like this is an earth mover. All it would take is for the text explanation to say "the vibration of the constant tremors ruins the concentration of all enemies, diminishing their focus" or some variation of that, and suddenly you have defense against even psychics.

I mean I am thrilled to have another Inhuman, and everyone is probably right it's probably Daisy, I was just saying from my eyes it would make more sense to have Emma be the Jean Counter not her. Plus I understand they have to muddy the water so to speak to make things work. I'm just hopeful that we will eventually start seeing the reappearance of X-men in the game. Plus I think Emma would be a great addition since she is one among the highly requested characters to add to this game. All I am getting at from my perspective is have Emma be Jean's counter since they have that Arch Rival thing and Love Triangle and them some in the comics with characters already in play. But if it's Daisy, and it probably is, yay another Inhuman.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    While it makes sense for Emma to be a counter-Jean, it also makes sense for Quake to be the AOE damage counter. Jean might dominate the meta, but across all characters the huge majority of AOE attacks are physical beatings. Her passive will reduce damage from a psychic assault in the same way that Luke Cage's unbreakable skin does -- through the magic of video game abstraction.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anti-Venom?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    it really does make sense for it to be Emma.
    It's Quake. Really. For sure. I'd really like to avoid 3 more pages of guessing and speculation.
    But the pages and pages of people arguing that generic power X doesn't fit character Y and it must therefore be character Z is one of the few bright spots in my day!
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    It's gotta be Avalanche, since we seem to be guessing throwaway scrubs with earthquake powers.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, everybody rejoice, finally a green/yellow/blue character above 2* that is not support+healing!
  • I have to admit, I really hope this IS Quake. I'm a big fan of AoS and I've been hoping for her for a while now. Honestly don't care how good she is in game (though I'm thinking she'll be at least decent from the description so far), I just want her. Crossing my fingers that they will have an event for her like they did Ant Man.
  • Tatercat
    Aethrwolf wrote:
    I have to admit, I really hope this IS Quake. I'm a big fan of AoS and I've been hoping for her for a while now. Honestly don't care how good she is in game (though I'm thinking she'll be at least decent from the description so far), I just want her. Crossing my fingers that they will have an event for her like they did Ant Man.

Chances of her own event just improved, as the preview window is up, and it's not a new character debut. Figured as much since this thread only went up yesterday, buts nice to see it isn't another 7 day event for a new 4*.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:
      ... shuffles the gameboard.

Gambit
    • TLCstormz
      TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
      ^lmao

That was amazing
    • bbf2
      bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
      I hope she is modeled after her MCU actress (Chloe Bennett) like Wanda and Pietro are. I don't care about the comic book character at all but I love her character on Agents of SHIELD.