**** Quake (Daisy Johnson) ****

12345679»

Comments

• JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    I have multiple choices for green blue outlet: Iceman, Riri, Bum Fist, Invis Woman. I was hoping for more utility, that's why I thought of Quake. Plus that she can nullify Carol's AoE in mirror matches. But I agree that she might be better against certain opponents and less ideal overall. Guess I can use whoever is boosted for the week/event & compensate. So far though, my 2/2/5 Quake doesn't seem so great in the team... I guess the issue is that somebody has to soak damage, and she isn't good for that. 

I thought of Iceman or Invis Woman as well, and Iceman does feel like a good partner, though he doesn't really managed to impress me so far since I champed him 1 month ago. He seems rather slow for some reason. I rather play with Rogue as 3rd, for tanking purposes and lose the active blue. Got to test more. 
    My best guess for using Quake with Mockingbird would be to destroy enough tiles to make extra match-4 opportunities for the AI to trigger... Opportunity. I see what I did there. Free Earthquakes seems good too; and potentially better than Whiteout (some of the time) because a randomly-fired Whiteout might not find many Blue tiles on the board to get bonus damage from. Secret Mission would make Green AP either way in that case (if not Black or Red, I guess).

The problem, I suppose, would be if a random Resonance Frequency took out a Photonic Barrage or Bombshell tile. I don't know if that would happen enough to be actively bad.
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor

The problem, I suppose, would be if a random Resonance Frequency took out a Photonic Barrage or Bombshell tile. I don't know if that would happen enough to be actively bad.
    Didn't thought of this. That would be a bummer indeed, but only if it would happen in a critical time that would decide the match. I had Photonic Barrage completely removed by the AI with some lucky cascades, so I guess I'm use to it somehow :)
  • Rick_OShayRick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    I do believe that when Quake's RF hits a fortified CD, it would only remove the fortification, but does not destroy the CD.
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do believe that when Quake's RF hits a fortified CD, it would only remove the fortification, but does not destroy the CD.
    I'm sure that's true as well, but if the tile had already been un-fortified previously, for example. Or (although this is even less likely) if RF gets fired randomly multiple times.