Is finishing ladder un the 16/27 bracket better?

Options
2»

Comments

• Is the new event ending tonight?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    This is what Marvel PQ does and it's both a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because it encourages people to play, and rewards time and effort over the luck of being in a strong or weak bracket. It's bad because the people who win will also typically win all the progression rewards, making them even stronger.

It's also pretty clear from the 3-pack change that they already think the rate of advancement is too fast. Giving more stuff away is likely not their current goal.

That said, I agree that more rewards in general would be nice, especially for effort.

MPQ is a whole other beast.

The rate of new product launches in MPQ is a new character every week, with power creep making it necessary to acquire the new stuff as quickly as possible.

It would be like if a new plainswalker came out every other week, but the cost of acquiring the plainswalker was 500 crystals and leveling the plainswalker no longer gave you new plainswalker abilities, just increased HP and mana generation. Then, you had to find the 9 plainswalker ability upgrade cards in a specially designed plainswalker booster pack. Most of the cards you find will be pack will be useless duplicates, so the best players in the game are the ones who keep paying to buy more plainswalker big box packs to get 70 chances to get the new shiny ability. Further, the only way to get the best plainswalkers is to achieve 300 ribbons in a quick battle. But the more ribbons you have, the more valuable it is to defeat you in battle, so you get attacked all the time and even though the AI is controlling your deck, you lose ribbons based on the difference in the number of ribbons between you and your opponent at the time (and not the actual strength of the opponent). So you have to pay crystals to shield yourself from losing any ribbons when you aren't playing.

Let's NOT try and make this game more like MPQ. : )
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    RubiconX wrote:
    The winner of my ladder scored 1006 points! Think about it. That's around 12-14 hours of play!

Second scored 972. About 11-12 hours.

17th slot scored 347 points - Maybe 4 hours effort.

I know where my focus will be in future. Effort vs reward.

Oh, and the winner! You can buy a fat pack for $10 USD. Not really worth the effort!

Was that me in first??? Ohai!
  • pandabear wrote:
    Is the new event ending tonight?

No it's ending in about 27 3/4 hours. It should say expires in more than a day instead of 1 days...
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Nerimos wrote:
    Well done guys. It's back to 30 crystals.
    They've been alternating the rewards to double the crystals and runes on green and colorless PvPs, since those occur over weekends and are longer.

I didnt know that, ill make sure to check what are the rewards on the next ladder and on the weekend one.