**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
[anchor=wolverine4]Wolverine (X-Force)[/anchor]
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link
At Max Level: HP:10960 Tile damage: 64/09/11/10/82/73/4.0
    X-Force - Green 8 AP
    Wolverine unleashes his berserker rage, cutting with his adamantium claws. Deals 164 damage and destroys 5 tiles in a 3×3 X-shaped pattern. Does not generate AP.
      Level 2: Deals 465 damage. Level 3: Destroys 9 tiles in a 5×5 X-shaped pattern. Level 4: Deals 1030 damage. Level 5: Deals 1731, then destroys 15 tiles in three 3×3 X-shaped patterns.
    Max Level: 3441 damage
      Surgical Strike - Black 11 AP
      Wolverine attacks with ruthless precision, crippling his enemy's ability to retaliate. Destroys every tile in the enemy team's strongest color, dealing 32 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
        Level 2: Deals 87 damage per tile. Level 3: Deals 137 damage per tile. Level 4: Also reduces enemy AP in their strongest color by 10. Level 5: Deals 265 damage per tile. Destroyed tiles now generate AP.
      Max Level: 522 damage per tile
        Recovery - Yellow 9 AP
        Wolverine's healing factor repairs his wounds, and he ferociously lashes out if interrupted. Places a 3-turn Yellow Countdown tile that heals for 1187 damage when activated. If the Countdown tile is matched, Wolverine destroys 6 random tiles, dealing 32 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
          Level 2: Heals Wolverine for 1662 or deals 45 damage per tile. Level 3: Heals Wolverine for 2137 or deals 58 damage per tile. (Max: 4243 / 113) Level 4: Heals Wolverine for 3086 or deals 83 damage per tile. (Max: 6128 / 164) Level 5: Heals Wolverine for 4985 or destroys 9 tiles and deals 83 damage per tile.
        Max Level: Heals for 9989 or destroys 9 tiles and deals 164 damage per tile.

Older version below.
        [anchor=wolverine4]Wolverine (X-Force)[/anchor]
        4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link
        At Max Level: HP:9328 Tile damage: 55/62/10/9/70/9
          X-Force - Green 15 AP
          Wolverine shreds, creating a 3x3 X-shaped pattern of Strike tiles centered on the selected tile's location. Only transforms basic color tiles.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: 5x5 slash. Level 3: Also affects Strike and Protect tiles. Level 4: 7x7 slash. Level 5: Affects all tile types.
          Max Level: Damage increased by 15 per Strike tile
            Enraged Slash - Red 15 AP
            Wolverine slashes the enemy, dealing 420 to the current target and shredding the selected tile's row.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: +25% damage Level 3: Slashes rows above and below the selected tile instead of one row. Level 4: +25% damage Level 5: Slashes three rows centered on the selected tile.
            Max Level: 2313 damage
              Recovery - Yellow 10 AP
              Wolverine starts the process of regeneration. Creates a 5 turn Countdown tile that heals 420 damage, and another 42 for every yellow AP.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Reduces countdown to 3 turns. Level 3: +20% base heal. Level 4: +40% base heal. Level 5: +300% base heal. Increases countdown to 7.
              Max Level: Heals 4626HP and additional 153HP per yellow AP
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Sure, I'll shoot. They'll probably buff him when the pay to winners start **** about how weak he is. It'd be a good idea to get him to 3/3/3 now.
              • Considering he is the only 4* Legendary, he's pretty garbage. His skills suck and cost too much AP for him to be useful. At the moment, he's only useful in PvP defense due to his high HP at higher levels. Some people like to avoid fighting teams with him just because it takes longer to take all that HP away
              • bought like 20 packs and just one leg wolvie, need more covers to get his skills up, currently hp is kinda decent lets see what it becomes when i have em all
              • ZzzWolph wrote:
                Considering he is the only 4* Legendary, he's pretty garbage. His skills suck and cost too much AP for him to be useful. At the moment, he's only useful in PvP defense due to his high HP at higher levels. Some people like to avoid fighting teams with him just because it takes longer to take all that HP away

I agree...I don't see much use for the guy. 2-Star Wolvie seems way more useful with the passive heal.
              • You want him for his basic tile matching damage. However, with current matches lasting 10 rounds tops, it's not as useful as an "A" team character.
              • with max level cap at 200+
                he's gonna be heavy tanker [maybe around 14000 health]and base damage dealer [maybe around 70-80 per tile]
                someone with that max level is gonna get skipped in tournament.
                his skill suck, yes. but still deradly. i wonder if dev going to buff his skill later.
              • I have to agree his level cap is his true power. His powers don't really blow you away at a glance, but imagine what his tile damage is at levels 100+. Not to mention the damage his strike tiles add (once you get them on the board) and how much his healing ability could restore, as difficult as it may be to pull off it's still better than having to use a health pack, right?
              • he's ****

only good if ur a wallet warrior and max him, but then again most heros are
              • The other day I randomly pulled a 4* Wolverine cover (yellow) with a standard recruit token.

At the time I was thrilled! Given the odds, it was akin to winning the lottery. icon_lol.gif

Now, days later, however, I'm wondering what the heck I'm supposed to do with the guy. icon_e_confused.gif

I can't level him up (he's level-locked until I get more covers), the chances of randomly pulling another (let alone a bunch more) of his covers is slim-to-none, and it'd cost a fortune in HP to manually levelup (and even then, it'd still be capped as i've still only got the one cover)...

What to do? Just sell him to free up a cover slot? ...seems a shame... icon_cry.gif
              • Unless you're seriously strapped for cover slots I don't see why not just hold onto him for a bit. After playing for several weeks I'm up to 3 covers for him now just from lucky pulls. I use him here and there when my primary guys are dead or just to mix things up a bit.
              • Nemek
                Nemek Posts: 1,511
                Yeah, I'd just admire him in your roster. I'm a completionist, so I'd never be able to part with him. But, I don't plan on getting him in battle...
              • I've gotten two yellow and two green within the last month. Maybe it's luck? I dunno if his red comes out of there.

Right now I just admire him
              • Bugpop wrote:
                I've gotten two yellow and two green within the last month. Maybe it's luck? I dunno if his red comes out of there.

Right now I just admire him

Exact same thing I've pulled for him. I desperately want red =/
              • Wow, you guys randomly pulled that many 4* Wolvies?! Holy ****!
                How many widows and hawkeyes did you have to got through? icon_lol.gif

I think you can count yourselves extremely lucky...
                Too bad the luck doesn't tranlate into usefulness... icon_rolleyes.gif
              • MrMeer wrote:
                Wow, you guys randomly pulled that many 4* Wolvies?! Holy ****!
                How many widows and hawkeyes did you have to got through? icon_lol.gif

I think you can count yourselves extremely lucky...
                Too bad the luck doesn't tranlate into usefulness... icon_rolleyes.gif

I got a yellow Wolvie on my first heroic pull. Then I finally used the 8k hero points I had and the other three were littered in there with Bag Mans trash.
              • Dayv
                Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
                I've got a 1/1/2 one out of random pulls. Not sure what to do with him, really, but I'm leveling him now and then and hoping the devs improve his skillet. It irritates me that the 2* Wolverine and Daken get passive heals, and 4* has to rely on a fragile countdown gem for his healing to have a chance.
              • DayvBang wrote:
                I've got a 1/1/2 one out of random pulls. Not sure what to do with him, really, but I'm leveling him now and then and hoping the devs improve his skillet. It irritates me that the 2* Wolverine and Daken get passive heals, and 4* has to rely on a fragile countdown gem for his healing to have a chance.

He can make a pretty decent egg, but his skillet just isn't good enough for a 4 star omelet.

Jokes aside, I think his red should scale up nicely with his lvl...its just 15 red is insanely expensive from what I've seen and heard. Very few reasons to use a 15 red over 2-3 lower lvl reds. 2-3 mjolnir would easy give you enough yellow combos for a thunder as well for example...and you can use that on multiple characters since the patch says there is no bleeding overkill now. I think the issue there is the other characters *cough...2 ap for ragnarok..cough* that are the issue and not the move necessarily. If it does big damage with a powerful effect it should be expensive.

The yellow isn't bad, but I think it would be cooler if it healed every turn it was out instead of just when it breaks. Maybe 10% of the max heal per turn and then a big heal if it explodes?

I don't know the stats on his x force but I'd assume it compares with doom's summon damage at higher lvls.

How will wolvie compare with newer 4 stars is the real question..and given some current characters how do they make a card worth getting but also not a win button.

Personally, I think a 4 star hulk with a high damage mid cost green (6-10 hp range) ..gamma crush obviously...that broke tiles in a 3x3 area with a plus shaped outline overlaid, an offensive passive (rage?) Red that did something like make him generate x tiles of y color whenever hulk takes damage over a certain % and a defensive passive (let's call it black and the move "incredible leap") where whenever one of your other characters takes damage hulk takes the damage instead at 80-100% the damage depending on the level of the skill (in a way its a reverse Hawkeye).

This example above I feel is good because its a 4 star, so its strong, but by giving it a specific purpose (tank character that protects weaker members of the team) it doesn't have to out damage everything that came before it. Who wouldn't want an amazing tank card that combos off itself?
              • Jokes aside, I think his red should scale up nicely with his lvl...its just 15 red is insanely expensive from what I've seen and heard. Very few reasons to use a 15 red over 2-3 lower lvl reds. 2-3 mjolnir would easy give you enough yellow combos for a thunder as well for example...and you can use that on multiple characters since the patch says there is no bleeding overkill now. I think the issue there is the other characters *cough...2 ap for ragnarok..cough* that are the issue and not the move necessarily. If it does big damage with a powerful effect it should be expensive.

The yellow isn't bad, but I think it would be cooler if it healed every turn it was out instead of just when it breaks. Maybe 10% of the max heal per turn and then a big heal if it explodes?

I don't know the stats on his x force but I'd assume it compares with doom's summon damage at higher lvls.

The max stats have been posted and are pathetic (IceIX did note that the values were from a dev build, but there's no reason to believe they weren't accurate for live as well). A L85 2* Wolverine can easily out damage him (and possibly out tank due to passive healing, even with 1/2 the HP). In particular the Green X-Force strike tiles max out at a wimpy +15 each.

He very badly needs buffing to be worthy of a 4* ranking.
              • I'm not against the idea of the 'star system' used as simply implying a character's appearance rate and not their overall strength.

Although, I'd be more agreeable to that idea if the cover slots weren't so expensive.
              • Does his red generate ap for destroying those rows? That's the thing that would make him useful, for me. Plus his hp pool and base damage. Other than that, yeah, he is lackluster, seemingly
              This discussion has been closed.