*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• Yes, no one attacks hulk first. So that damage is a non issue.

OK I have 3 in yellow with 2 in storage and time running out. With the new changes WHAT do I do???
  • Chances are blue gets fun balanced just because of ap cost alone.

But I think the most significant change will be to the yellow. The heal at the end of almost every fight gives a huge advantage to those that have that cover.
  • I have a 5/5/3 spiderman and didn't regret it.

I do agree that 3/5/5 is more survivable, but 5/5/3 is not without his merits.

One, you only need 3 matches for heal. Two, you won't slow down the other chars that need yellow, like IM40 and Thor.
  • Currently I have a 2/3/3 spidy and a 4th purple in the bank. Just preparing to move into the three star bracket. I want to run a 3/5/5 Punisher and some form of Spiderman. This would cover all colors and allow me to swap in any other three star for the third character. With the upcoming balancing for Spiderman should I just sell off a one star and bank the 4th purple? I would really just like to ad it now... but I'm thinking that would be a bad move. Any thoughts?
  • Recruited covers, even if it is just single, cannot be used for training. Just FYI.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    mechgouki wrote:
    Recruited covers, even if it is just single, cannot be used for training. Just FYI.

Thanks!!! I had no idea. That means I've lost a green 3* wolvie... eh I wanted to build 3/5/5 wolvie anyhow.

[Edit] His creation of enemy strike tiles at full strength worry me. Especially 6 of them.
  • It used to be possible. Before they changed the interface.

After that, I realized once I recruited a character into the roster. Can't use his cover on others any more.

EDIT:
    I was told that he creates enemy strike tiles at half strength.
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    mechgouki wrote:
    Recruited covers, even if it is just single, cannot be used for training. Just FYI.
    Huh? What does that mean exactly?
  • Basically, if the cover is under "Claim your rewards", you can use it to train a character, though you have a 7 day limit to keep it.

If you move the cover from Claim your rewards into part of your roster slot, it becomes a character, and you cannot use that particular cover to train another character.

That's basically what I meant. If anyone experiences differently, let me know. Used to be, it doesn't matter if it was in the cache or roster.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    EDIT:
    I was told that he creates enemy strike tiles at half strength.
    That's his Red ability.
    His green creates equal.
  • I have a Spidey at 5/3/3 and one purple and one blue cover sitting in the bank. Should I use both covers and go 5/4/4 considering we have no idea what the nerf will be?
  • Spider-Man wrote:
    I have a Spidey at 5/3/3 and one purple and one blue cover sitting in the bank. Should I use both covers and go 5/4/4 considering we have no idea what the nerf will be?
    Shouldn't you know which of your own powers you utilize best?
  • KLoganR wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Thanks!!! I had no idea. That means I've lost a green 3* wolvie... eh I wanted to build 3/5/5 wolvie anyhow.

[Edit] His creation of enemy strike tiles at full strength worry me. Especially 6 of them.

that depend which team composition you team up patch with... if he team up with Loki... We can turn all 6 enemy strike tiles to our own protect tile which each of it has the strength of 186 i believe from what i see a picture posted at others forum

Srs why talk about patch in this spidey thread icon_lol.gif
  • If we look at how Thor and Wolverine nerfs turned out, i think Spider Man will be fine.
    Also it seems that devs like to remove the ability to lower the cost of the abilities by ranking them up, so for blue i expect that each rank will increase either stun duration or the web tiles generated (the stun may no longer scale with webtiles) , but no longer reduce the cost from 6 to 2
  • Will be fine? Are you serious?

Seriously, have you seen Ragnarok? Thor and Wolverine are still usable, but they were no where as close to where they were before. Previously I could take on 230 enemies with them. Now, I can barely take one down before the other 2 kill me.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    mechgouki wrote:
    Will be fine? Are you serious?

Seriously, have you seen Ragnarok? Thor and Wolverine are still usable, but they were no where as close to where they were before. Previously I could take on 230 enemies with them. Now, I can barely take one down before the other 2 kill me.

which makes sense, no? A ** lvl 85 guy is not supposed to be able to kill 3 230s...the fact that you can still take one down before you're killed speaks in their favour. Things are a bit different for Spidy as he's *** and thus supposed to be very powerful...
  • lvl 85 guy is not supposed to be able to kill 3 230s

Yeah, well guess what? They are there. The devs obviously expect us to defeat the 230s somehow, one way or another.

That, or they're trolling us....
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Will be fine? Are you serious?

Then why is my roster restricted so far that that is my only option? If I can't be expected to take on LV230 enemies with decent characters at high levels, then why is the event framed in such a way.

And if they expect my characters to be at a higher level, then why are they so stingy with the ISO. I have played this for at least an hour everyday since I started during the Dark Avengers Halloween event. My highest level character is level 89 (Punisher, so he's useless in this event), because the ISO costs quickly begin to outclass any ISO rewards you can reasonably expect to gain.

The game's insistence on limiting ISO implies that they want you to focus your ISO on a small set of a few characters, yet the events seem to want you to distribute your ISO among all the characters. I don't understand what the goal is supposed to be here.
  • I need to know how this character is going to change with funbalancing. I have a purple cover and an expiration time. Will purple get stronger? I think devs should communicate changes coming about characters as early as possible.
  • klingsor wrote:
    I need to know how this character is going to change with funbalancing. I have a purple cover and an expiration time. Will purple get stronger? I think devs should communicate changes coming about characters as early as possible.

In the same boat as you. I have a 2/3/3 right now with a purple in the bank. I'm thinking I'll end up using it before it expires unless an argument is made otherwise.