**** Unknown (coming soon) **** (Spider-Man Back In Black)

1235»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    bcas76 wrote:
    Yes, in the Ultimate universe, C&D meet up with Miles and form...something so they can take down...someone. I kinda lost the thread towards the end of the run before SECRET WARS III. Anyway, if I were D3 and coming up with obvious hints, I would probably say "out of the black and into the light" for cloak and dagger, not "out of the blue and into the black."

I like the GotG Kitty Pride guess. We're in the fan service/comic book promotion part of the release cycle until the run-up to Civil War, so that would be one stone and two dead birds. I would be happy with any Spidey-related character that is also a woman, but the hint and power set don't match up. Silk and Spider-Gwen are both fun characters, not to mention Spider-Woman.

Also, Black Cat has not reformed. She's extra evil now.

I would also like Kitty Pride, but I don't see her as "invisible". Also Black Cat would be good.

I think the hint here really is in the ability set display. It's a character that is invisible to the team when one member is stunned.
    Maybe it could be Kitty, I don't know. The only scenario I see is when she phases into an opponent... you can consider her to be "invisible" and that could be considered to be a stun for the opponent. Though I think it's to complicated, she can be made easier with other abilities I think.

I'm an X-Men fan, so I would love to see new X-Men in the game: Nightcrawler, Kitty, Gambit, Rogue, etc. Lets just hope that "a while" from "we're not making x-men for a while" has finished icon_e_biggrin.gif

Guess will find out today after the patch release who it's going to be the new 4 star...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's confirmed to be Mysterio.. Marvel wants to see more Spidey licensed characters in the game then we're getting a new Sinister Six PVE.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    It's confirmed to be Mysterio.. Marvel wants to see more Spidey licensed characters in the game then we're getting a new Sinister Six PVE.

Mysterio is not bad at all. But where does this info come from? Where is the confirmation ? icon_e_smile.gif
  • DocWhoville
    DocWhoville Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Spider-Gwen
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I reread the Miles/Venom Marvel.com article and saw it's a Spidey trio. Instead of giving it away by listing the actual skill and putting "(character-specific tile)" where "web tile" would be, they just put "stun". Totally Spider-Gwen.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Their post on Facebook shows it's Black Costume Spidey.

EDIT: Guess it's actually Marvel's FB page that revealed it.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2562 ... d=20329513
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    The purple being a passive is a bonus. There's so many good purple actives in the 4* level right now, you can't feed that much.

Obviously we need to wait for the actual numbers to be posted, but with all the OML's I'm facing, a reduction in strike tile damage could be very useful.

Unfortunately, with the number of 4*s out there, and my lack of desire to play a 7 day PvE to get 3-4 covers and my unwillingness to spend money on this game going forward, it doesn't matter if this new character is going to be any good, because it is going to be a year before I get the covers and the ISO to level him.

Oh wait, this is only a **** 4 day DA event. Hooray.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards

Except that is saying Black Suit Spidey is the new 5*... is this thread about a 4* or a 5*??

EDIT: just read the article, this is the 5* Spidey, same powers... i don't know how to feel about this.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:

Except that is saying Black Suit Spidey is the new 5*... is this thread about a 4* or a 5*??

EDIT: just read the article, this is the 5* Spidey, same powers... i don't know how to feel about this.

Yeah, a little confusing. But I want to see the numbers. Being a 5*, I wonder if his blueflag.png will be ridiculously OP when invisible?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm I'll be getting 25CP on Sunday from the daily resupply. I might just save it for the off-chance at Black Suit Spidey. Plus i have like 7 more 3* i can champion.

Truth be told I'm not too excited for this character itself. Is it character fatigue? Is it Spider-Man fatigue? (We just had Miles and Eddie, after all)

Still, his designated cover is cool as hell
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with a 5* being the new character this means the next PVE will not be a new 4* and I can just play for ISO and not have to kill myself for a new 4*. Also since ISO 8 is a 7 day PVE this means it will not a a 7 day PVE for a new character. The only issue is I probably won't get a chance to use him until next year
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    ErikPeter wrote:
    C'mon guys, it's obviously Nightcrawler, he wears a black suit and he pops out of the blue to gank people.

Whup. If they had said in the beginning this was a new 5-star I might've guessed differently.

He's going to be lots of fun to team with Miles. If you can get a cover or three. Invisible Spider Dudes.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    So can we change the name from unknown to spider clone and the 4* to 5* now?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    I will be updating this thread with the character reveal soon, great guesses!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spidey. First character represented in all 5 rarity levels.
  • kyrain
    kyrain Posts: 32 Just Dropped In

I disagree, bagman isn't worth the name. He brings dishonor upon his family.

All but **, keep it going.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Sorry for the preview only listing 4*s it should have been 5*s.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    kyrain wrote:

I disagree, bagman isn't worth the name. He brings dishonor upon his family.

All but **, keep it going.

I mean, it could be *anyone* under that bag.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official thread is live! Please head on over

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37979
This discussion has been closed.