**** Unknown (coming soon) **** (Spider-Man Back In Black)

Comments

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Sap strength (tiles) makes me thing Rogue...
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    alaeth wrote:
    Sap strength (tiles) makes me thing Rogue...

If it were Rogue, she'd need much, MUCH more strength in attacks. She needs a Dive Bomb ala Captain Sam.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone else wondered aloud why we'd need a 4* that shares the same three colors as two of the top three 4*s we already have?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Has anyone else wondered aloud why we'd need a 4* that shares the same three colors as two of the top three 4*s we already have?

Because no matter how much we complain about using the same color combinations (https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=36304), the devs still pump out the same colors.

If this is Nightcrawler, they could have went bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png, a combination that 4* doesn't have or even bluetile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png, which only Doc Ock and QS have.. that's scary.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:

If the dev's haven't, surely we won't need to!

Loooooooooooooonnnng sigh.

I do wonder if by making more characters with they same colors as the ones they know are used by the most popular characters, that it's their solution to encourage people from using the same team over and over again? Not sure that would actually work, but I'm spit balling here.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    it's their solution to encourage people from using the same team over and over again? Not sure that would actually work, but I'm spit balling here.
    You mean "discourage"? I think it has the opposite effect. I look at this character and even without the numbers I can see I'd have no reason to want to use it. Seriously, how much damage would the green need to do be even slightly tempting? More than they'd actually give it, I expect. Hell, Falcap has a big 14ap nuke too, and no one's shy about calling him trash tier.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    it's their solution to encourage people from using the same team over and over again? Not sure that would actually work, but I'm spit balling here.
    You mean "discourage"? I think it has the opposite effect. I look at this character and even without the numbers I can see I'd have no reason to want to use it. Seriously, how much damage would the green need to do be even slightly tempting? More than they'd actually give it, I expect. Hell, Falcap has a big 14ap nuke too, and no one's shy about calling him trash tier.

Agreed, just speculating what might be going through the devs' heads, however contrary to long time player practical sense. With the HP change, it's not like we can favor a 4* over another the way we used to. Players reaching the 4* tier from now on won't have that luxury (such as it was), they may go with this character over JG and Rulk because that's how the covers got dealt out to them. Once they start building it's tough to just abandon the investment made, even if the other character is better in the long run.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally a character who can bypass all of Falcaps protect tiles. He was becoming too OP in PVP.
    In reality this character will be good against those bullsey nodes and will work well with other stunners. Green feels liked should be really powerful but with it bypassing shields and stunning I fear it will only do ok damage
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    I'm pretty sure this is Puck. Yes! Finally!!!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    If this is Nightcrawler, they could have went bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png, a combination that 4* doesn't have or even bluetile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png, which only Doc Ock and QS have.. that's scary.
    Chulk uses it too. You're forgiven though since most of us would like to forget he exists anyway
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    Chulk uses it too. You're forgiven though since most of us would like to forget he exists anyway

Eh eating a bunch of hot dogs is not a black power lol
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

It's not just the fact that this is another Green/Purple character, but it's also a 2actives + 1passive character. Everyone insists that Jean Grey isn't OP, but just about every 2nd character since overlaps with her in a pretty serious way.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I originally thought this would be black suit Spider-Man, but none of the skill colors are black... so maybe that whole black/blue thing was more of a reference to out of nowhere. It could still be a Spider-Man character because of the recent trends in releases though. Who knows. If it weren't for them saying no more X-Men for a while, I would've agreed with Nightcrawler, although he is more of a red or black instead of green user.
    Doom lacks green. Outfit does not dictate power color.
  • Isn't Nightcrawler part of the upcoming X-Men movie? This would make sense icon_e_wink.gif
    I think he is it!
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I'm gonna say Black Bolt with Lockjaw. I'd love an all Pet Avengers spot!
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I think they're staying with the spider-theme and they'll be introducing Spider-Gwen into the mix. From the blue suit of Spidey into the mostly black of Gwen's.
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Well if we're going be upcoming movie releases, maybe we'll get Negasonic Teenage Warhead soon for the Deadpool movie.

Although not sure it would be one of Marvel's initiatives to advertise for the x-men movies, since it isn't from Marvel Studios.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    C'mon guys, it's obviously Nightcrawler, he wears a black suit and he pops out of the blue to gank people.

I'm not too worried about cover overlap. All of these things are good. 14 AP is an tinykittyload but 10K+ and turn invisible for 2 turns, sign me up.. And if you're rocking a maxed JG Bamf! or whatever they call his blue is probably going to be good damage for only 6AP. With the setup required it'll be a lot more than Miles's sting. So, 5K at max? Maybe more (If anything you can save up 12+ and use it like Jab, Jab, Cross.) Not a bad way to spend your blue after the enemy triggers Psychic Feedback.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    I'm pretty sure this is Puck. Yes! Finally!!!

lol there will be at least 4 more wolverines before we see that character
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    ErikPeter wrote:
    C'mon guys, it's obviously Nightcrawler, he wears a black suit and he pops out of the blue to gank people.

I'm not too worried about cover overlap. All of these things are good. 14 AP is an tinykittyload but 10K+ and turn invisible for 2 turns, sign me up.. And if you're rocking a maxed JG Bamf! or whatever they call his blue is probably going to be good damage for only 6AP. With the setup required it'll be a lot more than Miles's sting. So, 5K at max? Maybe more (If anything you can save up 12+ and use it like Jab, Jab, Cross.) Not a bad way to spend your blue after the enemy triggers Psychic Feedback.

But the stun on green is random, so you can stun the target and KO it right after meaning no stunned enemy and no invisibility.
This discussion has been closed.