**** Unknown (coming soon) **** (Spider-Man Back In Black)

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kitty Pride?
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Dude, it's his 4th day on the job. He's not the one that would be responding to something of this magnitude anyways, it'd be one of the people who had a hand in this decision I would think. Besides it's been changed to a week now,so that's decent warning.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dude, it's his 4th day on the job. He's not the one that would be responding to something of this magnitude anyways, it'd be one of the people who had a hand in this decision I would think. Besides it's been changed to a week now,so that's decent warning.

Yes but Cthulhu was training with IceXI before he took the position. S/he was likely aware of this change. We're use to Ice coming to the forums to talk to us, I hope Cthulhu eventually does the same once s/he is settled in the role.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Rhycar wrote:
    Ah. So this is where we can find a red. Hey Cthulu, you're needed in the General Discussion forum.

And this is Nightcrawler, almost certainly. Come out of nowhere to attack, ignore special tiles...yeah, this screams Nightcrawler.

They took a page out of Scarlet Witches playbook and said "no more mutants" at least for a while...
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let us keep this thread on the right rails please. icon_e_smile.gif

I think this might, maybe be Richard Reed? But since it's a 4* and we already have a 4* Reed, I am thinking maybe not too.

Spiderman might be a possibility, but does Black Suit actually cloak himself? I'm not terribly familiar. Though, it might be a node to his reflexes/agility.

Those aside, I'd love to see Nightcrawler. Pleasssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • Out of black into blue sounds like Nightcrawler too. Cant see them releasing another variant of a character they released last Month. My money is on Nightcrawler.

Also, a 14 AP single character attack with no way to generate AP in that colour is not going to get used... As interesting as the other 2 colours look (and they really do look interesting! Love the different mechanic), I can see this being yet another mediocre 4* release.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    cloak___n_dagger_by_durandus-d3duhmt.png
  • I am trying to think of characters that sap Strength. The passive ability that weakens attack tiles, and makes them invisible. Could be Black Cat, or Morbius the Living Vampire?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting design, although his green sounds pricey unless it does a whole lot of damage.

Plus he has the bad luck of sharing the colorset of two of the best 4* in the game, so he probably won't see much use.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I am trying to think of characters that sap Strength. The passive ability that weakens attack tiles, and makes them invisible. Could be Black Cat, or Morbius the Living Vampire?

I don't normally post in these. I think that it is probably nightcrawler too, but Morbius living vampire would fit much better. The sapping power as Mercurywolf pointed out would be much more fitting.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    It has to be Nightcrawler! Finally!!!
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    All the Nightcrawler and Kitty guesses made me re-analyze the hint. I kept on thinking "out of the blue" in regards to the color of the suit (or character). Never thought of it as the colloquial saying for something coming up out of nowhere.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Kitty's now dating Star Lord, in the recesses of space. That's dark. I think it's Kitty. I think it's not considered X-Men, and thus Joe Fletcher's hint stands.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    If it were Kitty, she had an early blue costume and a later black one. But the powers don't seem like her (enough like her, that is).
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Invisibility? THAT doesn't sound like Nightcrawler...

Shadow-Powers-Nightcrawler-e1402674548273.jpg

And as much as they love to troll us, even they wouldn't release black suit Spidey right after Eddie Brock.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    cloak___n_dagger_by_durandus-d3duhmt.png

I was just thinking that it could totally be the cloak. I always thought him and the hood would look awesome on a team together
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Pre-release ability precis:
      Damage/Stun - 6 AP - If invisible, deals bonus damage otherwise deals damage and stuns target for 1 turn.

Damage/Stun - 14 AP - Deals damage to target enemy ignoring effects of any protect tiles, and stuns a random enemy for 2 turns.

Guard/Invisible 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Enemy strike tiles add 45% less damage (to a minimum of 1). While enemy is stunned, character is invisible.

This sounds like Nightcrawler to me with the green being his teleport sneaky attack.

But 14AP for an attack on one enemy that better have some hefty damage behind it. Especially in the realm of 4* I can't think of many green batteries.
    • ronin_san
      ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
      2733829-shadowcat.jpg

Out of the blue.

afilac01-01.png

Into the black.

Methinks it's Kitty.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      I originally thought this would be black suit Spider-Man, but none of the skill colors are black... so maybe that whole black/blue thing was more of a reference to out of nowhere. It could still be a Spider-Man character because of the recent trends in releases though. Who knows. If it weren't for them saying no more X-Men for a while, I would've agreed with Nightcrawler, although he is more of a red or black instead of green user.
    • Azoth658
      Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
      Just thinking out loud but could it be...

Out of the black = Out of the Venom Event
      Into the blue = A blue skinned or blue uniform character (Nightcrawler would then work)
    This discussion has been closed.