Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    LMAO @ this event...
    sure lets use your MMR but force you to use just about none of the characters you earned that MMR with.
    Oh and while we're at it we'll lock your new Punsher,Hulk, and Patch. so your second team is junk too!

****.. I REALLY want to like this game and have a fair amount of patience overall but it's getting seriously pushed.
    Why is asking for a fair shake at things too much to ask ?!?

I think the bottom line here is that PVP and PVE should be treated separately!
    As let's be honest not all players like pvp so then they gain an unfair advantage in the PVE ?

Here's the suggestion I made before.
    It keeps things fair and allows all difficulties to compete.
    everyone starts with the same difficulty in an event.
    the NPC's start low level and the missions low points.
    Each time you beat a mission the NPCS level scale up and so do the points.
    Once you beat the final difficulty for a mission, the mission becomes worth 1 point.
    Mission difficulty is NOT liked to other missions they act independently
    Reset difficulty every 8 hours to base level and points.

I'm not a computer programming whiz, but surely it can't be too difficult to set up a system where enemies do increase in levels each time you beat them, but cap out eventually. Something like:

Mission 1: Enemies start out at Lv5, max at Lv15
    Mission 2: Enemies start out at Lv10, max at Lv20
    Mission 3: Enemies start out at Lv15, max at Lv30
    Mission 13: Enemies start out at Lv100, max at Lv150
    Mission 14: Enemies start out at Lv150, max at Lv230
    Mission 15: Enemies default to Lv230 (if they insist)

At least everyone gets to play then, finding their natural level.

Please let me know if I am being stupid here. Thanks.
  • lvl 141 spiderman, everybody else below lvl 30

starting soldiers lvl 120

GG WP
  • abuelo wrote:
    The event creators just don't know what they are doing. It's official.

They know precisely what they're doing. It's just that what they're doing is an intricate and carefully-choreographed piece of performance art.
  • abuelo wrote:

They know precisely what they're doing. It's just that what they're doing is an intricate and carefully-choreographed piece of performance art.
    They must feed of negative energy or something
  • We're trying something really different this time, we think you'll like it. Instead of being so focused on the competition, it's more about the progression awards. The aim is to have you spend a week pressing your frozen noses against the window of the event like hungry Dickensian orphans, looking longingly at all the lovely shiny things you can't have. Well, if you really bust a gut, you might be able to win a 3xall boost.

Difficulty scaling code? Never heard of it, mate. Dunno what you're on about. Look, behind you, a three-headed monkey!

More seriously, do we think this is a cack-handed attempt to respond to the much bewailed "rich get richer" issue, given people who still think IM35 does any damage might have a shot at playing it?
  • whorst wrote:
    abuelo wrote:

They must feed of negative energy or something

must be, they come in trying to be transparent about changes for the better and than midway through a tournament they smack you in the back of the head with a nerfbat and say 'your tears are delicious.'
  • And I though the last PVE was a disaster. This is tinykitty ridiculous. My strongest possible team gets almost annhilated by one flamethrower.
    Pretty much the only way for me to win is if I'll get so much blue I can both stun lock them to avoid damage (lvl 4 so 3 AP) as well as wind storm them. I also need loads of red so I can adamantium slash them.

My team in this event:
    Spidey L72
    CStorm L56
    **Wol L48
    MBW L50
    IW L35
    IM35 L33
    GSBW L20
    MHawk L15

*sigh*
  • The Ladder wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    LMAO @ this event...
    sure lets use your MMR but force you to use just about none of the characters you earned that MMR with.
    Oh and while we're at it we'll lock your new Punsher,Hulk, and Patch. so your second team is junk too!

****.. I REALLY want to like this game and have a fair amount of patience overall but it's getting seriously pushed.
    Why is asking for a fair shake at things too much to ask ?!?

I think the bottom line here is that PVP and PVE should be treated separately!
    As let's be honest not all players like pvp so then they gain an unfair advantage in the PVE ?

Here's the suggestion I made before.
    It keeps things fair and allows all difficulties to compete.
    everyone starts with the same difficulty in an event.
    the NPC's start low level and the missions low points.
    Each time you beat a mission the NPCS level scale up and so do the points.
    Once you beat the final difficulty for a mission, the mission becomes worth 1 point.
    Mission difficulty is NOT liked to other missions they act independently
    Reset difficulty every 8 hours to base level and points.

I'm not a computer programming whiz, but surely it can't be too difficult to set up a system where enemies do increase in levels each time you beat them, but cap out eventually. Something like:

Mission 1: Enemies start out at Lv5, max at Lv15
    Mission 2: Enemies start out at Lv10, max at Lv20
    Mission 3: Enemies start out at Lv15, max at Lv30
    Mission 13: Enemies start out at Lv100, max at Lv150
    Mission 14: Enemies start out at Lv150, max at Lv230
    Mission 15: Enemies default to Lv230 (if they insist)

At least everyone gets to play then, finding their natural level.

Please let me know if I am being stupid here. Thanks.

This is very similar to what i was suggesting but i would have all event missions start out at a lowish level ( max 50?) and cap out at 230 so that way everyone can see the story line and then after that you can still have people play up to their difficulty level, simply put this allows everyone to "win" while still having an actual competition.
  • abuelo wrote:

Hah!
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Man this is the worst. I was so looking forward to some good fights.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    I'm hoping this was a glitch and they will be issuing a patch to fix it....

At least they released it today instead of on the weekend so I am hoping they did that to address any bugs/issues.

I would just like to know. Is this working as intended or is the scaling a legit issue?
  • LordWill wrote:
    I'm hoping this was a glitch and they will be issuing a patch to fix it....

At least they released it today instead of on the weekend so I am hoping they did that to address any bugs/issues.

I would just like to know. Is this working as intended or is the scaling a legit issue?

Simple fact is that they are reading this right now and not commenting. They know if it's intended or not and they refuse to acknowledge the angry crowd with pitchforks which only makes us more angry.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2014
    F@#K YOU D3. You completely handicap us in this event, insanely hard champs, only have hard to come by characters with buffs, the one champ that would help OBW is banned, F%CK YOU!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, you have 2 out of the 3 Black Widows in the event, but the one that can help you ban, you guys absolutely suck
  • I had to register just to say how horribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the last few events have been. Totally ruined the game with the level 230 mobs. Way too hard and boring now and seriously regretting putting any money in the game.

The newest event is impossible with the characters they allow you to use. Ugh. Change it ASAP!!!!
  • Managed to beat the second mission against level 230s with GSBW (lvl71, 4/3/4), Spidey (lvl100, 3/5/5) and the gifted DD. Spidey unleashed copious stunlocks, Widow used all the purple AP to feed her Sniper Rifle, and DD just dropped Red traps which didn't matter because webs.

With only one boosted character and minimal active damage skills, this is going to be a slog.
  • I just got rid of my maxed IM35 to make room for my two DD covers. :~(

Boy, do I feel dumb. My best team seems to be ~60 Wolvie & Storm, and either Modern Widow at L40 or GSWidow at L30 (more HP than Modern widow and can create some green tiles, so GSW it is).
    Really wish I had my IM35 with his protect tiles, though. :/ But I probably won't want him much again...

Fortunately, the enemies don't seem to be too hard for me, yet, scaling from ~50 to ~100. Ran out of health packs, though.
  • This is a pretty big disaster - unless you recently started playing, or tanked heavily in the previous event near the end, you're going to have a miserable time with this event. Reasons are:

1) Hero selection. Inability to access any heroes of merit is a major drawback - your best hero options are Spiderman, 2* Wolverine, and... uh... um... [third character here]. GSBW is a nuker and green battery. Storm is a battery and PvP fighter (given you want to use her passive as best you can). The 1* selection is a joke, and the lack of recently rewarded heroes (Punisher, Hulk, hell I'd take Cap'n right now since he can slap tiles out of the air) is a killer. Don't bring up Daredevil, he's complete garbage right now - between Daken's strike tiles nullifying his only good trap, to being zero help on mob missions, and lastly being vastly inferior in this event compared to how Patch performed in the ToT event.

2) Scaling. It's clear that the scaling from the prior event carried over somehow - I managed a top 10 finish in my bracket, and now I'm fighting level 200 soldiers, and my best options are a level 45 IM35, 100 Spiderman (who has no damage abilities, so he's more about stunlocking to survive), and... well, I've been shoving my level 36 2* Storm in there that I just wasted 10k ISO on, and almost instantly regretting it given how much garbage this event is. I wonder if I can file a ticket on that to get 10k ISO back. icon_e_sad.gif

3) Buffs. You can't throw us at level 230 mobs and only pump up one hero, especially one as complete garbage as Daredevil (at least in regards to fighting PvE mobs). The fact that Daken overwrites trap tiles (and it's the only useful trap tile, to boot), coupled with the part where your traps can overwrite your own strike tiles, makes it a complete piece of lumpy, smelly garbage, and this isn't even considering the fact that players can't have a DD beyond level 20 without sinking a prominent, PROMINENT amount of HP into this event.

4)Hero Selection. I'm putting this twice because the currently allowed roster is so bad for dealing with high PvE stuff. 1* heroes are out the window once you get your scaling high (it took me a good 15-20 minutes to do the first mission with IM 35 / 2* Storm / lvl 100 Spiderman, I used the 200 AP Environmental move ffs), no heroes that can pinpoint-remove countdown tiles (You could have given us 1* Hawkeye for this, geez - and 19AP GSBW sniper rifle does not count), and none of the heroes allowed bar Wolverine do decent damage... this issue is only reiterated given no buffs. The icing on the cake is that I'm one of many who hocked their Wolverine for the prominent Iso / HP infusion.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    I'm pretty sure they did a search to see which characters people played with the least. Save spidey and widow and just pushed this **** out.
  • I've got a halfway decent roster for this tournament: 91 Spiderman (3/5/5) 91 GSBW (5/3/5) and 85 Hawkeye. I finished 4 matches before my team got destroyed. I can't even tank my MMR because the only other char I can use is 85 Storm and 30 IW. How is this fun?
  • Hi, sorry for asking. Too many pages to check.

What is the size of each bracket in Heroic mode?

Just curious. Considering if should take part....