Help me Roster forum, you're my only hope

justplainchipsjustplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Hey all,
I'm still relatively new to the game (Day 72) and have definitely opened up more tokens than I probably should have. But how could I resist? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Here's the situation:
My current roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/justplainchips/
2 open slots
A bunch of 3* covers in the queue.
The first two seem like the obvious choices for my two open slots. But then I'm wondering if any of the covers in queue should replace some of my current characters.

Roster Queue (all 3* versions where there's a question):
Thor           - green
Magneto        - yellow
Colossus       - black
Quicksilver    - blue
Beast          - green
Captain Marvel - black
Punisher       - red
Iron Man       - red
Sentry         - yellow, red
Bullseye       - purple, black, green
Vision         - yellow x2

I've looked through Polarity's guide and Dauthi's 3* guide and the May character rankings but of course those are all missing some of the newer characters and without the experience of playing them I don't know how useful they are. Especially with getting multiple covers them (Vision, Bullseye).

Here are some of my thoughts:
I really am unsure if Devil Dino is worth a roster spot. I kind of wish I would have sold each of his covers separately for the 2000 iso instead of together for 1000 iso, but I'm not worried about it.
I know a lot of people just keep Juggernaut around for DDQ. I recently got rid of a fully covered 1* Spiderman. Is it time to start chipping away at the rest of my 1*s?
I've been selling off covers for the following 2*s: Moonstone, Bullseye, Human Torch, Steve Rogers. Are the rest of my 2*s worth it to keep? I'm inclined to want to hold on to them.

Thanks so much for your help and insight!

Comments

  • Hi,

    I would advise you from a 2* to 3* transitioner point of view

    Build up your 2* rosters to 94. Characters that are worth it are OBW, Ares, Thor, CStorm, Magento
    I personally added two more to that list(Wolvie, Daken) because combined with Falcon, i can clear goons fast with strike tiles damage

    Your roster seem solid for 2* territory, which means you can start removing your 1* characters since you wont be using them as often anymore. Save Juggs for the DDQ 1* node and you would be fine.

    As for which 3* to keep, out of those in the list, I will definitely keep Thor and Mags, followed maybe by keeping an empty slot to swap in any essentials needed for the next PVE, which is Vision.
  • udonomefooudonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say keep the 2*s you have, you can't skip the 2->3 transition so you'll be needing a diverse group of them for a while. You should be able to dump the 1*s now, except for Juggs.

    Of course, as it always seems to go, the 3*s you have the most covers for in your queue are the worst ones. I'd roster them in this order

    Mags
    Thor
    Capt Marvel
    Punisher
    Beast
    ...everyone else
  • justplainchipsjustplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Thanks so much for the replies!
    Build up your 2* rosters to 94. Characters that are worth it are OBW, Ares, Thor, CStorm, Magento
    I personally added two more to that list(Wolvie, Daken) because combined with Falcon, i can clear goons fast with strike tiles damage
    Thanks, those are the main guys I have (along with Hawkeye, Speed Shot is pretty cool). I had leveled OBW, Wolvie, and Daken up first (I had the covers), but lately I've started leveling Ares, Thor, CStorm, and Magneto because I'm starting to like them more.
    Your roster seem solid for 2* territory, which means you can start removing your 1* characters since you wont be using them as often anymore. Save Juggs for the DDQ 1* node and you would be fine.
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I'd say keep the 2*s you have, you can't skip the 2->3 transition so you'll be needing a diverse group of them for a while. You should be able to dump the 1*s now, except for Juggs.
    I'm starting to come around to dropping some 1*s.
    As for which 3* to keep, out of those in the list, I will definitely keep Thor and Mags, followed maybe by keeping an empty slot to swap in any essentials needed for the next PVE, which is Vision.
    That's an interesting idea about Vision. Good thought, thanks!
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Of course, as it always seems to go, the 3*s you have the most covers for in your queue are the worst ones. I'd roster them in this order

    Mags
    Thor
    Capt Marvel
    Punisher
    Beast
    ...everyone else
    Thanks.

    Any thoughts on getting rid of any 3*s on my current roster for any that are in my queue?
    For instance, Dr. Octopus is generally considered pretty low, but I have 4 covers and I do still play PvE.

    One of the main things I'm wondering about are those multiple cover 3*s (Sentry and Bullseye and Vision). But since they are considered bottom tier maybe I just shouldn't worry about selling them off. I suppose I'm at the point in the game where it really isn't about having "well covered" and leveled 3*s but just making sure to keep the best ones I can, right?
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    the rest of your 2*s are keepers, especially until you fill out your 3*s. of the rest of your waiting list (thor and mags are givens), I'd consider marvel too. she is a tank that, if kept in front, can feed red/black to others when she's damaged. she also has a decent black of her own, but with 3*s there are great black options out there. I agree that the rest of that list are completely optional, but I'd keep them over your extra 1*s. the one's I'd consider next are (no particular order) beast, punisher, im40, sentry, and bullseye - I'm no fan of vision, colossus, or quicksilver.
  • udonomefooudonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any thoughts on getting rid of any 3*s on my current roster for any that are in my queue?
    For instance, Dr. Octopus is generally considered pretty low, but I have 4 covers and I do still play PvE.

    One of the main things I'm wondering about are those multiple cover 3*s (Sentry and Bullseye and Vision). But since they are considered bottom tier maybe I just shouldn't worry about selling them off. I suppose I'm at the point in the game where it really isn't about having "well covered" and leveled 3*s but just making sure to keep the best ones I can, right?

    You've got it right. The ones you already have are all good, except for Dr Oc. Of course, he has more covers than just about anyone else. That's what makes it a tough call. Ideally you want to keep them all, but sometimes that's not an option. That being said, if you're ever going to drop money into the game, now is the time. Buy some hp and spend it only on roster slots.

    I didn't get more specific in terms of who to drop, add and sell because I don't know if you're still using the 1*s in pve. If you're not using them at all, then here's what I'd do:

    Drops:
    Devil Dino
    IM 35
    1* Storm
    1* Black Widow

    You said you had 2 open slots, now you have 6.

    Adds:
    CMags
    Thor
    Pun
    Cap Marvel
    Vision

    This leaves one spot open in case you need to add an essential 2* for an event. You can also sell Vision after the EoTS pve event where he will be an essential. He's not very good and yellow is the worst color.

    Good luck!
  • BlackSheep101BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    One extra note: Sentry is one of the few 3*s that has a guaranteed cover during his PVE event (I think the only other is Hulk). So if you can't fit him in your roster now, you'll have an opportunity any time Prodigal Sun runs.
  • I am very sorry to hijack the thread like this, but the title fits too well with my current situation.
    Long story short, I started playind MPQ almost 2 weeks ago and everything was fine and dandy until 10 minutes ago when I decided to open the only token that I earned from the Cyclops PVP event. I've read A LOT of stuff on this site, so I know how much is important to hoard on tokens until you have a roster that can substain fortunate pulls (that's why I still have 10 anniversary tokens to use). But still, I decided to bite the bullet. It is just one token right? How bad could that be?
    Well, I was so lucky (I guess) that I've pulled 4 star Cyclops, I had one roster spot open so I had no choice but to recruit him.
    The obvious Question is: Will he destroy my PvP/PvE scalings?

    My roster is still very basic.
    1* heroes:
    Level 45 IM35 4/5/3
    Level 30 MStorm 4/3/1
    Level 20 Juggs 3/3
    Level 15 MBW 1/5

    2* heroes
    Level 26 Cap Marvel 2/1/2
    Level 18 Ares 1/1/1
    Level 18 Magneto 1/1/1
    Level 15 OBW with just one black cover.

    Then I have Black Panther with one yellow cover and now 4 star cyclops.

    What should I do? Keep it? Sell it? I also have some covers in queue waiting to be recruited (there is also a 3 star cap marvel in the mix), and roster slots will not be a problem, because I'm planning to spend 20 euros to get 2900 hp in order to maximize the cash on roster spots (right now I could get 15 roser spots with taht amount of gold).
    Soo, what are your advices? Help a hopeless noob please icon_e_sad.gif
  • JohnGale wrote:
    I am very sorry to hijack the thread like this, but the title fits too well with my current situation.
    Long story short, I started playind MPQ almost 2 weeks ago and everything was fine and dandy until 10 minutes ago when I decided to open the only token that I earned from the Cyclops PVP event. I've read A LOT of stuff on this site, so I know how much is important to hoard on tokens until you have a roster that can substain fortunate pulls (that's why I still have 10 anniversary tokens to use). But still, I decided to bite the bullet. It is just one token right? How bad could that be?
    Well, I was so lucky (I guess) that I've pulled 4 star Cyclops, I had one roster spot open so I had no choice but to recruit him.
    The obvious Question is: Will he destroy my PvP/PvE scalings?

    My roster is still very basic.
    1* heroes:
    Level 45 IM35 4/5/3
    Level 30 MStorm 4/3/1
    Level 20 Juggs 3/3
    Level 15 MBW 1/5

    2* heroes
    Level 26 Cap Marvel 2/1/2
    Level 18 Ares 1/1/1
    Level 18 Magneto 1/1/1
    Level 15 OBW with just one black cover.

    Then I have Black Panther with one yellow cover and now 4 star cyclops.

    What should I do? Keep it? Sell it? I also have some covers in queue waiting to be recruited (there is also a 3 star cap marvel in the mix), and roster slots will not be a problem, because I'm planning to spend 20 euros to get 2900 hp in order to maximize the cash on roster spots (right now I could get 15 roser spots with taht amount of gold).
    Soo, what are your advices? Help a hopeless noob please icon_e_sad.gif

    It will affect your scalings definitely making your nodes a little harder to down, but you should still be able to cope. As long as you have HP, just save them for roster spots. Focus on building the core 2* team using your 1* and you should be fine. Just need to open more standard tokens to find them.
  • justplainchipsjustplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the helpful replies! Cheers.
Sign In or Register to comment.