*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

1272829303133»

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    Loki > Doc Oct against special tile users?

one isn't really better than the other at it, depends what situation you're in. Doc's blue can destroy all 3 types of special tiles if it hits them and he can make the double attack tiles by matching specials which also includes countdown's I believe, Loki can only mess with strike/protect but trickery can shift the match in your favor very suddenly by taking away the enemy's advantage and giving it to you even if it's strike into protect.
  • My Loki is 3-5-5 which works best for how I play and my opinion on the game. For those who produce lots of special tiles like magneto or falcon or blade, I normally have some tank who can shake the board up which is more economical than saving up for loki's black power.

Loki is alot like Hood in my stable. Someone who is a really good, comparably weak, but very annoying 3rd teammate who is really nice to have especially if you're facing someone with an upgraded loki or hood. Loki is great for those matches we've all played where the enemy seems to get a multitude of 4 tile cascades.

I can see how his black power could be nice, but for how I play, I'm happy maximizing the free AP generation from his green power and the possible board shaking of his pink power ( which is pretty cheap for AP ).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Loki is 3-5-5 which works best for how I play and my opinion on the game. For those who produce lots of special tiles like magneto or falcon or blade, I normally have some tank who can shake the board up which is more economical than saving up for loki's black power.

Loki is alot like Hood in my stable. Someone who is a really good, comparably weak, but very annoying 3rd teammate who is really nice to have especially if you're facing someone with an upgraded loki or hood. Loki is great for those matches we've all played where the enemy seems to get a multitude of 4 tile cascades.

I can see how his black power could be nice, but for how I play, I'm happy maximizing the free AP generation from his green power and the possible board shaking of his pink power ( which is pretty cheap for AP ).
    TBH I haven't really noticed any difference in the effectiveness of Illusions after going from level 5 to level 3. It's very effective at level 3. I admit I use Trickery very rarely, but when I do use it it's nice to have at level 5.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Loki is 3-5-5 which works best for how I play and my opinion on the game. For those who produce lots of special tiles like magneto or falcon or blade, I normally have some tank who can shake the board up which is more economical than saving up for loki's black power.

Purple is as effective if not more at 3 covers than 5. 5 covers shuffle the board so much but doesnt really give you more matches.
  • The general consensus on purpleflag.png Illusions is that 3 covers are plenty. Having had this skill at both 3 and 5 covers, in my experience, 3 is much more effective. When shuffling the board, you want some tiles to remain static, this is what helps to create the cascades. At 5 covers, there is too much movement and often times there is an outright miss on anything.

blackflag.png Trickery is one of those skills that has a high enough AP cost that it is not going to get used all that often, but being able to steal 100% of the protect and strike tiles on the board is huge. It is not a regular occurrence, but when you really need it, you'll be real happy that you have it. This skill can turn around and end a match in one turn under the right circumstances.

Ultimately though, having 5 greenflag.png covers is really the only thing that truly matters and is what makes Loki one of the best characters in the game. Shame his HP are so low, but he's pretty easy to hide at this point except when he's boosted.
  • Quebbster wrote:

TBH I haven't really noticed any difference in the effectiveness of Illusions after going from level 5 to level 3. It's very effective at level 3. I admit I use Trickery very rarely, but when I do use it it's nice to have at level 5.

Fair enough, but like I said for how I play, I like the chance of the whole board getting scrambled over a black power I use very very rarely. In fact the odd time I use it, black at 3 is normally sufficiently helpful. I have loaded wolverine XF ( post nerf surgical strike is where it's at), Blade ( nightstalker is my favorite black power ) , Psylocke ( Psi-Katana is something I lean on - very useful and cheap ), punisher ( molotov is fairly cheap, and can be pretty effective ), cyclops ( full blast can be among the truly nastiest moves in the game ), Mystique ( masterstroke - see full blast ) so in most cases my black AP is spent long before I have enough for trickery.
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    The general consensus on purpleflag.png Illusions is that 3 covers are plenty. Having had this skill at both 3 and 5 covers, in my experience, 3 is much more effective. When shuffling the board, you want some tiles to remain static, this is what helps to create the cascades. At 5 covers, there is too much movement and often times there is an outright miss on anything.

blackflag.png Trickery is one of those skills that has a high enough AP cost that it is not going to get used all that often, but being able to steal 100% of the protect and strike tiles on the board is huge. It is not a regular occurrence, but when you really need it, you'll be real happy that you have it. This skill can turn around and end a match in one turn under the right circumstances.

Ultimately though, having 5 greenflag.png covers is really the only thing that truly matters and is what makes Loki one of the best characters in the game. Shame his HP are so low, but he's pretty easy to hide at this point except when he's boosted.

your last point about green about says it all. I said he was sort of like hood in that if you go up against someone with a powered up Loki, it's nice to have a powered up Loki. Also, like hood, in my opinion, His green power is why you keep him around. No other reason. For example, Hood's black power is OK but not too strong, his Yellow power is pretty good but expensive - but his black power is the reason you bring him along as a 3rd wheel - same goes for Loki's green.