Storm (Modern) - 1*

Options
124»

Comments

• Sometimes if your heavy hitters are down and you wanna win that tough PVE match using some high level team-ups you've been saving icon_e_wink.gif

Back before Sentry nerf, I've occasionally used her to be able to do a World Rupture + Berserk Rage without needing 16 green. Or to do a (Super)Whales TU on a 395 PVE node.
  • kalirion wrote:
    Sometimes if your heavy hitters are down and you wanna win that tough PVE match using some high level team-ups you've been saving icon_e_wink.gif

Back before Sentry nerf, I've occasionally used her to be able to do a World Rupture + Berserk Rage without needing 16 green. Or to do a (Super)Whales TU on a 395 PVE node.

Except 3* Storm also covers this role and is sometimes Essential. 1* Storm just takes up space.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Sometimes if your heavy hitters are down and you wanna win that tough PVE match using some high level team-ups you've been saving icon_e_wink.gif

Except 3* Storm also covers this role and is sometimes Essential. 1* Storm just takes up space.

True, if you've got her with enough covers. I don't.
  • If you're in a bind and have to delete a character who would you throw away?

1* Storm
    1* Black Widow
    1* Iron Man

These characters are usually used in Heroic events.

I just threw away my 1* Black Widow to open up a roster spot for Blade, even though she was my only maxed out 1* (I have Storm and Iron Man aroud Level 42)
  • @MikeHock - That is a totally different question. Blade is Essential for this PvE, so having him on your roster is good. If you haven't yet maxed your 1*s and are feeling like this game is good, spend 5 bucks on imcoin.png (at 30% bonus) and buy like 6 roster slots. You will be glad you did. You will want the Thor and Storm rewards from the Prologue to have a place to live, plus Gamora for the next PvE. On a roster without even a single maxed 1*, 1* Storm is definitely worthwhile. At least up until you get a decent Ms. Marvel or something.

Also, read this - http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939
  • I keep a level 1 Juggernaut for Balance of Power and Combined Arms. I keep a level 1 Storm for Combined Arms.

Logic is as follows. Have to play a 1Star, don't want to spend health packs on them. Juggs takes 5 minutes to revive - I can run another match with Storm and then go back to Juggs and save health packs for the important players.
  • She's still solid in PvE as she is commonly buffed. She is also pretty good in Balance of Power and Combined Arms
  • Lerysh wrote:
    @MikeHock - That is a totally different question. Blade is Essential for this PvE, so having him on your roster is good. If you haven't yet maxed your 1*s and are feeling like this game is good, spend 5 bucks on imcoin.png (at 30% bonus) and buy like 6 roster slots.

Unless he made the 2* transition early and never needed to max the 1*s, in which case those $5 might buy him 1-2 slots, if that, depending on how far he is icon_e_smile.gif
  • I do. I also keep a lvl 1 juggs, a lvl 1 venom and a lvl 1 obw. All fully covered. And even with a few 166s, I will use them all to win fights in pvp =D
  • She's one of the one-stars I'd consider keeping. Obviously, with Balance of Power and Combined Arms, she can be useful, but if you had the choice, you'd recruit a fully-covered Juggernaut and not level him. That would cover Balance of Power super well. As for Combined Arms, you want a maxed one-star (unless I'm confused), and a maxed-out one-star Storm is better than a three-star in that event.

If you want to keep a one-star, she's a good one to choose. If you want a partner for Falcon, she's also good. If you need a slot for a new character, it's her or 400 HP. We've all had to make the choice. But the more fully-covered three stars you get, the harder it will be to justify her. You'll end up using her in the abovementioned events only, or you may just break down and choose never to play them.

I don't have a one-star character right now. There have been too many new additions, and I had better uses for my HP.
  • With Deadpool PVE, she's definitely moved to 5/3/5. The extra yellow covers only do damage, which is weak, and you're using her for board control in waves, particularly to get rid of those traps.

If they start running Enemy of the State more often, she would be more useful more often.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow no voting has been done!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone have stats for her when she is boosted in BoP or CA? Her and spidey seem like a logical pair but want to see how she scales up to know if the synergy is worth pursuing.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been using a 4/5/4 Storm since the beginning but after joining the forums, Im going to switch to a 5/4/4. I don't see how a 5/3/5 is better since her greenflag.png ruins her blackflag.png
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    VazzVegas wrote:
    I've been using a 4/5/4 Storm since the beginning but after joining the forums, Im going to switch to a 5/4/4. I don't see how a 5/3/5 is better since her greenflag.png ruins her blackflag.png

If you're still relying on her for your Story mode.. she's very useful against Kishus and their Caltrops.

32 tiles covered with attack tiles, will make 50% chance (maybe slightly more, due to the presence of Team Up tiles) that all the Caltrops will be disarmed.

Depending on who else you have in your roster and who you want to pair her with, it's difficult to say which built is best for her. But as a stand alone character, 5/3/5 would offer the best damage output, 5/5/3 gives higher chance of cascades, and 5/4/4 would be the most flexible, but not the best in anything..

If you are going to rely on the blackflag.png , cast greenflag.png before it. Or, wait until there's plenty of blacktile.png on the board before casting greenflag.png, and keep matching blacktile.png . You'll find most of the time, once we have 6 blacktile.png , and we cast greenflag.png , we'll have enough AP to cast another blackflag.png .

A board full of special tiles, is a useless board for CD tile dropping goons.. just saying.. icon_e_smile.gif

I just read about the Caltrops disarming thing in another thread and came here immediately to see you've written about them icon_e_biggrin.gif. I had no idea that was possible so in that case a 5/3/5 seems like the best way to go!