NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in Character Details
icon_wolverine.pngWolverine (Astonishing X-Men) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Feral Claws
Power Cost - 6 greentile.png

Wolverine's rage builds.

Character Level 15:
    Power Level 1 - Deals 62 damage and changes 1 (plus 1 for every 3 redtile.png the team has) redtile.png into (3 strength) redtile.pngstrike.png.
    Power Level 2 - 87 damage.
    Power Level 3 - 7 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.
    Power Level 4 - 112 damage.
    Power Level 5 - 9 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.

Character Level 94:
      Power Level 3 - Deals 447 damage and changes 1 (plus 1 for every 3 redtile.png the team has) redtile.png into (45 strength) redtile.pngstrike.png.
      Power Level 4 - 574 damage.
      Power Level 5 - 45 strength redtile.pngstrike.png.

Adamantium Slash
      Power Cost - 12 redtile.png

Wolverine rips the enemy to shreds.

Character Level 15:
        Power Level 1 - Deals 342 damage.
        Power Level 2 - 410 damage.
        Power Level 3 - Increased damage.
        Power Level 4 - Increased damage.
        Power Level 5 - 616 damage.

Character Level 94:
          Power Level 3 - Deals 2470 damage.
          Power Level 4 - 2822 damage.
          Power Level 5 - 3175 damage.

Healing Factor
          Power Cost - 0 yellowtile.png

Wolverine's healing factor mends major injury and sustains his assault.

Character Level 15:
            Power Level 1 - If Wolverine is below 50% health and his team makes a yellow match, his healing factor restores 67 health.
            Power Level 2 - 80 health.
            Power Level 3 - 94 health.
            Power Level 4 - Increased health.
            Power Level 5 - 121 health.

Character Level 94:
              Power Level 3 - If Wolverine is below 50% health and his team makes a yellow match, his healing factor restores 480 health.
              Power Level 4 - 549 health.
              Power Level 5 - 617 health.

Last Major Update: 2014-01 / Earlier Discussion

Original post:
              This is an pretty obvious 5/5/3: the yellow is very conditional and the damage for red is pretty relevant.
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Tinykitty this bloody ****.

Now his yellow is bloody useless. He has to be 50% for this **** to kick in?

Damn, now I envy those 5/5/3 guys....
              • kensterr
                kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
                Mine is already built as 2/3/4 icon_e_sad.gif
                Have to wait for the ability to respec
              • Same problem with my 2/3/5 Wolverine.

That's why I'm wondering if I should go for 3/5/5 now or 5/3/5 (maybe even 4/4/5?)

I'm leaning towards 3/5/5
              • kensterr
                kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
                I'm thinking more along the lines of 4/5/4 or 5/4/4 until the respec option is available. Which is a better option?
              • Glad I'm 5/5/3. Even before the nerf I didn't think yellow was very good. You still have to heal your 2 other chars so you need an ability that heal everyone, making a character able to heal himself quite redundant.
              • Best update ever.

Loving life now with my 3/5/5 Thor and 5/5/3 Wolverine.

I'm even coming around on 4/5/4 OBW after she came up huge with some timely 4AP heists in PVE grind this morning.
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                I have my Wolvie also at 5/5/3 so I'm happy, but I will be looking for a Green Thor to hang onto. My Thor is currently 4/5/4 and I always regretted, now I don't regret as much but still want him 3/5/5 and if they respec the way they said, then I'll need another green cover.

For those who don't know, D3 while not 100% sure, was leaning strongly towards having you swap covers. Example, your Thor is 5/5/3 and now you want to build 3/5/5. If you get a red or yellow cover, it will be as it is now, you can bring that into your collection to start a 2nd build or sell, but if you got a green cover it would give you the option to upgrade your green to 4, but you would have to reduce red or yellow down to 4, the sooner this comes the better
              • The more I think about it the more I think that 5/3/5 is the way to go for me. Since I already had 5 in yellow icon_e_sad.gif - got to test the new healing just now and was not impressed.

But I think green will be a bit more devastating than red even with the nerf. You'll get 500 damage and easely 3 strike tiles of strenght 40 in play (if you boost). With only 6 more green you can repeat that, where you'll need 8 more red to get that into effect.

- can anyone actually do the math on the potential damage difference between 5 in green vs 5 in red? - since i'm just estemating here.

The red is very nice and balanced now, but i still think green is superior.

For the ones who have a 5/5/3 Wolvie and is clear of this dilemma - you can just suck it icon_e_wink.gif
              • aussiemac
                aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
                It sure seems like it to me. Wolvie's power was all about the strike tiles. With the tiles and healing downgraded, Ares might take his spot now in my roster with Punisher/Ares/OBW. Thoughts of others?
              • One of the reasons I didn't mind investing so much iso into Ares during his tournament was the prediction that he'd be fairly strong after the Thorerine nerfs. I think he's fairly compentent with the right team. Will have to try him out more now. The major strike against him is that you won't be able to use him in a fifth of the PvE missions.
              • Phaserhawk
                I'm happy with the Wolvie changes, except the heal being active on matches instead of passive, that and the fact you can only heal below 50%. If they are making his healing active, fine, but get rid of the below 50% health requirement
              • Phaserhawk
                I think the changes are fine, but they need to fix the yellow. If they are going to make it an active heal by matching, then they need to get rid of the 50% requirement
              • eidehua
                eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
                Phaserhawk wrote:
                I think the changes are fine, but they need to fix the yellow. If they are going to make it an active heal by matching, then they need to get rid of the 50% requirement
                Then it will definitely be a much lower heal rate icon_e_smile.gif
              • Puritas
                Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
                Was going to rebuild as 5/5/3
                But
                550 heal per turn is mildly insane
                Just played vs a wolvie in PvP matching yellow three times in a row
                Drove me nuts
              • green nerf is an indirect nerf to OBW, this change is only to make a slower meta, i hate it because of that.

I feel that the red buff is only for over kill because you want to stack red to get more strike tiles from green, and use it for the final kill.

his yellow deserved a nerf, but the 50% cap is over nerf (personally i dont care about it)

I am glad that i have it 5/5/3.
              • Isay_Isay
                Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
                Anyone else noticed a huge jump in the Sell price for Wolverine and Thor post-nerf? According to my roster, each would net me 34,765 ISO and 550 HP compared to 6,250 ISO and 0 HP for other lv. 85 two star characters.
              • Isay_Isay wrote:
                Anyone else noticed a huge jump in the Sell price for Wolverine and Thor post-nerf? According to my roster, each would net me 34,765 ISO and 550 HP compared to 6,250 ISO and 0 HP for other lv. 85 two star characters.

Yea, it's a limited time offer to people that want to dump their nerfed builds.
              • Phaserhawk
                eidehua wrote:
                Phaserhawk wrote:
                Then it will definitely be a much lower heal rate icon_e_smile.gif

And I would be perfectly fine with that
              • OnesOwnGrief
                OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
                Now here's the question, would you say Daken has the stronger base strike tile until Wolvie goes past 69? His times used to be twice as strong but now the number of tiles increase almost twice as fast but require red still. At

At 5 green, Daken is still pushing out 2 times per match. That may create a faster start now with certain builds.
              • Isay_Isay wrote:
                No. Even after reading patch notes that say it in plain text nobody still did. You're first to notice.