Avengers Elite Training

Comments

• Polkio wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

On another note, has any1 thought about teams to use? I am trying to avoid getting 10,000 thorverine responses so let's just pretend their obsolete for the sake of conversation.

I think if I had the covers for it I would run
    Hulk GWBS and spidey

Spidey stuns and heals.
    Hulk tanks and feeds green.
    GWBS pink feeds green while being shielded by spidey.
    GWBS finishes it off.

This is the team I'm running. Wish I had more levels, though. 115 Hulk, 120 Spidey, 141 GSBW.

(GWBS? Grey Widow Black Suit?)

Same here 141, 141 and 119 Hulk

You 2 just got my vote for top contenders. Nice teams.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least a 3star token should be introduced, similar like the Diabolical token
  • I see that people start to shield icon_e_smile.gif It is kinda funny to shield now just after the start of event. It looks like there is something like gold rush, people losing mind when they see 10k HP for 1 place
  • wathombe wrote:
    I'm continually updating my OP. I'll add usable characters in a few.

Thanks, Psyko!

You're looking good in our main Thick as Thieves bracket, btw. I'm at #26 and rising--I did the enter-the-sub-at-the-last-minute thing for Scotland Yard, because sleep.

Thanks. I've had 3 x-force covers since my 1st week or 2 playing way back when. The green x force I really want along with Daredevil being a top 5 favorite comic character of mine, I'm putting a ton if effort into this 1.
  • Polkio wrote:
    I see that people start to shield icon_e_smile.gif It is kinda funny to shield now just after the start of event. It looks like there is something like gold rush, people losing mind when they see 10k HP for 1 place

@lmao
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Polkio wrote:
    I see that people start to shield icon_e_smile.gif It is kinda funny to shield now just after the start of event. It looks like there is something like gold rush, people losing mind when they see 10k HP for 1 place

Maybe it's a good strategy with the current scoring system. If you get out far enough from 'the pack' you can stay in your own MMR island away from everyone else.

When I'm at 500 points (in a typical tourney), it doesn't matter how many times I hit refresh, I'm not finding the people that are at 800-900 points. But I'm still getting hit by people with 200 points.
  • For those who are playing, I'm seeing a massive reduction in points lost. At 108 points, I got hit by people around 30 for 4 points each. Does this mean they're experimenting with having much smaller point losses? B/c I can still hit them back for 20+ points each.
  • I can't update usable characters until I get a list or get 400 points in punisher tourney. Just realized I'm at 275hp and can't enter quite yet.
  • Riggy wrote:
    For those who are playing, I'm seeing a massive reduction in points lost. At 108 points, I got hit by people around 30 for 4 points each. Does this mean they're experimenting with having much smaller point losses? B/c I can still hit them back for 20+ points each.

I hope your correct. Thanks for your observation!!!
  • Thanks. I've had 3 x-force covers since my 1st week or 2 playing way back when. The green x force I really want along with Daredevil being a top 5 favorite comic character of mine, I'm putting a ton if effort into this 1.

Nice. Hope you get it. I did well in the first two subs and the 1st round of Army of One, so it looks like I might get to finish my Patch this week (which will be my first and only 13/13 3*** character). Too bad I can't use him in the elite tourney. icon_e_sad.gif

And to bring this back on-topic, I *think* (not yet knowing the full list of available characters) that my best team is:

85 OBW
    69 Wolvie
    53 Thor

Wolvie and Thor are at cap--cannot get those covers to save my life. With that team, I'm guessing I should just sit this tournament out. Anyone disagree?
  • I can't see this being worth it for the casual or even half-serious player.

Heroic tokens regularly yield me 2*s that I have already maxed and I have no chance at the top 100.
  • wathombe wrote:
    Thanks. I've had 3 x-force covers since my 1st week or 2 playing way back when. The green x force I really want along with Daredevil being a top 5 favorite comic character of mine, I'm putting a ton if effort into this 1.

Nice. Hope you get it. I did well in the first two subs and the 1st round of Army of One, so it looks like I might get to finish my Patch this week (which will be my first and only 13/13 3*** character). Too bad I can't use him in the elite tourney. icon_e_sad.gif

And to bring this back on-topic, I *think* (not yet knowing the full list of available characters) that my best team is:

85 OBW
    69 Wolvie
    53 Thor

Wolvie and Thor are at cap--cannot get those covers to save my life. With that team, I'm guessing I should just sit this tournament out. Anyone disagree?

OBW not allowed.
  • With my 85 thor, 80 hulk and 80 GSW I would be perfect target practice icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, 2* tokens? If I wanted guaranteed 2* tokens, I'd buy the daily offer for 3 days. Here you are, 300 hp without any effort. Three instead of one, guaranteed.

From IceIX announcements I expected some exciting new game mode, not the usual stuff with bigger placement prizes, NO progression rewards, and upfront moneygrab.
    The whole idea is not that bad, just the rewards are not worth it, unless you aim for the very top (and have a roster that can somewhat back you up).

Actually, just double ISO rewards for finished matches, and I'm in icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
  • wathombe wrote:

85 OBW
    69 Wolvie
    53 Thor

Good luck to you also. I should be finishing patch tonight if I keep 1st in my sub bracket. Should be easy as long as my 4th rotation pops up.

As to your other question I think it's beneficial for everyone to join. At minimum you are gonna get at least 2 heroics and some ISO with that team and you'll gain ISO while playing even if just from the dumby targets early on to use on your 3*'s.
  • At 100 points you always had a significant point reduction loss. Otherwise people won't even get out of 200 points most of the time.

The expensive 3 star team of GSBW/Hulk/Spiderman is going to go down rather easily to Thor/Wolverine/Spiderman. Spiderman always hard countered himself (let them stun, then you stun them back with their web tiles). Spiderman also eats Hulk for breakfast, and GSBW isn't going to outrace Thor/Wolverine. Will be interesting to see how much the intimidation factor matters, though.
  • This type of tourney is exactly what this game needs. Elite players battling it out for all that HP might just give some of the mid to lower tier players a chance to grab good rewards in other events.

Wish I had the team to compete in this type of tourney.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else having messy comm link?
  • If they upgraded the 3 heroic tokens to 1 *** token there would be a lot more incentive to play this.
  • Well if thorverine doesn't receive a nerf by the end of this I'll be entering with them 85/85 and a lvl 70 spidey.
    Cross my fingers and hope for profit.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    Someone (Teeth077) already shielded up at 328....Money well spent....Not..He is in the lead but probably not for long.

This is the reason I probably won't jump in until I see how it goes. You will need to spend nearly as much to shield yourself if you want any shot at top 50. Maybe you can sneak into top 100 without but I guess we'll see. I can see someone spend 1k in HP shields if they can get 5k or 10k back.