Avengers Elite Training

1356726

Comments

  • Is someone willing to play announcer for those of us playing along at home?

    You can see the Top 10 even if you are not in the tourney icon_e_smile.gif
  • I personally really like the idea, but wish they would have made the first one a free for all. I'd be interested on joining a tourney like this but my maxed characters are not Avengers. Don't think I stand a chance against players with maxed Spideys Hulks and BWGS or IM40s
  • turulturul Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twanbon wrote:
    I personally really like the idea, but wish they would have made the first one a free for all. I'd be interested on joining a tourney like this but my maxed characters are not Avengers. Don't think I stand a chance against players with maxed Spideys Hulks and BWGS or IM40s

    If your characters arent fully "covered", it is not a very bad investment
  • Heads-up folks,

    Everyone is allowed to look at the "Top Ranked" leaderboard, without paying the entry fee.

    ----

    /notes the new tourney type

    /quietly checks off another box off his list and nods.

    Exactly as projected. For science.
  • Can confirm that there ARE shields for this event, at the Army Of One prices. Would have been surprised to see an event designed to get people to drop HP without them.

    Edit: No buffs that I saw, but roster is limited to Avengers. For alts it varies - ex. 2* Wolvie is unlocked, but Patch is a no-go (ie, not an Avenger at the time?)

    If you have time, would you mind listing which characters are allowed and whether or not any are buffed (though I assume not)?

    Kind of sucks that you can't see the list of available characters until AFTER you pay the 300 HP fee.
  • wathombe wrote:
    Can confirm that there ARE shields for this event, at the Army Of One prices. Would have been surprised to see an event designed to get people to drop HP without them.

    Edit: No buffs that I saw, but roster is limited to Avengers. For alts it varies - ex. 2* Wolvie is unlocked, but Patch is a no-go (ie, not an Avenger at the time?)

    If you have time, would you mind listing which characters are allowed and whether or not any are buffed (though I assume not)?

    Kind of sucks that you can't see the list of available characters until AFTER you pay the 300 HP fee.



    I'm continually updating my OP. I'll add usable characters in a few.
  • Infini wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Rewards look great, unfortunately it's another case of the rich getting richer...

    Just this. I'm of course passing as I have no shot at any decent reward here, especially since it's not bracketed.
    Think of it this way: this hopefully draws attention away from high level players so the mids can have a better chance placing in the other tourneys.
  • djpt05djpt05 Posts: 178
    Is it me or is the amount of ISO won for the top spot way out of proportion to the amount of HP rewarded?
  • Wow you can use Wolverine. Was thinking it might be a little different then the stagnant thors, wolvies, bw i see every match but nope there all in there.
  • I'm continually updating my OP. I'll add usable characters in a few.

    Thanks, Psyko!

    You're looking good in our main Thick as Thieves bracket, btw. I'm at #26 and rising--I did the enter-the-sub-at-the-last-minute thing for Scotland Yard, because sleep.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511

    On another note, has any1 thought about teams to use? I am trying to avoid getting 10,000 thorverine responses so let's just pretend their obsolete for the sake of conversation.

    I think if I had the covers for it I would run
    Hulk GWBS and spidey

    Spidey stuns and heals.
    Hulk tanks and feeds green.
    GWBS pink feeds green while being shielded by spidey.
    GWBS finishes it off.

    This is the team I'm running. Wish I had more levels, though. 115 Hulk, 120 Spidey, 141 GSBW.

    (GWBS? Grey Widow Black Suit?)
  • Yeah I'm gonna run two teams, Hulk, BWGS and Spidey, and Spidey/Thor/Wolvie.

    Maybe throw IM in on occasion since he's my highest levelled character.
  • This is a nice honeypot for catching hackers. Top 10 receive a free cavity search as part of the rewards.
  • The entry fee being 300 HP, i wonder what kind of players should join this.

    A single heroic token costs 300 HP which is actually the fee, but you can get a token for 100 HP once a day. That means 401-1000 is paying for itself no matter what.

    I won't even touch this event, since i dont have 3 usable avengers. From what i understand 2 Star Wolverine and Original Black Widow are not part of the avengers.

    And since some of us are doing some betting on the winers, to be honest i wish mischiefmaker good luck, and i hope he can get a satisfying reward.. He helped me a lot when i had 1 star roster by explaining me what characters are good and pretty much how to play the game.
  • Nemek wrote:

    On another note, has any1 thought about teams to use? I am trying to avoid getting 10,000 thorverine responses so let's just pretend their obsolete for the sake of conversation.

    I think if I had the covers for it I would run
    Hulk GWBS and spidey

    Spidey stuns and heals.
    Hulk tanks and feeds green.
    GWBS pink feeds green while being shielded by spidey.
    GWBS finishes it off.

    This is the team I'm running. Wish I had more levels, though. 115 Hulk, 120 Spidey, 141 GSBW.

    (GWBS? Grey Widow Black Suit?)


    Same here 141, 141 and 119 Hulk
  • I made the mistake of jumping into this before thinking. I'm going to aim for top 100 to get a decent return, but we'll see how that goes. At least I'll have plenty of time to play at work....
  • The entry fee being 300 HP, i wonder what kind of players should join this.

    A single heroic token costs 300 HP which is actually the fee, but you can get a token for 100 HP once a day. That means 401-1000 is paying for itself no matter what.

    I won't even touch this event, since i dont have 3 usable avengers. From what i understand 2 Star Wolverine and Original Black Widow are not part of the avengers.

    And since some of us are doing some betting on the winers, to be honest i wish mischiefmaker good luck, and i hope he can get a satisfying reward.. He helped me a lot when i had 1 star roster by explaining me what characters are good and pretty much how to play the game.

    2 star wolverine is an avenger. Patch and X Force are not.
  • favabearfavabear Match Maker Posts: 50 Match Maker
    The advent of an entry-fee based tournament really brings all of the issues with the tournament structure that the community has been complaining for quite some time into a larger spotlight. We've tolerated the issues with other tourneys because they were free, and the only thing we had to invest was time, some health packs, and possibly some HP for shielding if we were doing well. But if we're going to be putting money down, upfront, for the privilege of competing, then the method of competition has to be fair.

    MPQ is making a big play with this tournament, and they want us to give them more of our money, so chances are they'll be more receptive to complaints than ever. Let's use this opportunity to get some better discussion with the DEVs going. Anyone who is dissatisfied with the current tournament structure should, IMO, steer clear of this tourney, and make themselves vocal as to why change needs to happen.
  • Very unimaginative tournament with very unimaginative prizes.
    I was very excited about the new tournament type but this is such a major letdown icon_neutral.gif
  • The break even point is technically top 1000. 3 heroic token is the same as if you just took your 300 HP to buy 3 daily deals. Yes, you probably won't actually do that, but it's not some kind of incredible ripoff.

    I think tournaments like this should have some kind of forced rotation of roster to make things a bit interesting, but whatever works.
Sign In or Register to comment.