Not getting attacked?

Options
2»

Comments

• Veracity wrote:
    Do you have a very high MMR, The Ladder? My current speculation, though that's all it is, is that whatever futzing they've done with match-making is making players at the highest persistent ratings effectively invisible to the ravening pack, because there's so relatively few up there. Mine's middling, maybe a bit low (seeing some non-maxed Areses!) after yielding down to OBW in Divine Champions 1 and miserable performance in this week's LRs (one heroic and some ISO), and I'm plainly stuck in the no progression allowed quagmire many are experiencing. Haven't seen jacobpc, thereck or their ilk in a while, but I was able to see them when I was relatively easily pulling clear and going to 1800+.

Don't think it's that high, tanked hard in nearly all LR and first part of this event. Just before I shielded, I was getting hit by a few people in the 500-600 point range - were they retaliations perhaps? I didn't recognise the names. Logged again now at lunch UK time, have not been attacked all morning. I would have expected to have been a juicy target to anyone with my tank team out icon_e_confused.gif
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Hi, the ladder. You attacked me just before I hit 1.2k lol.

As far as your defence team go, it never was bagman team.

It's 3 max lvl chars. Rag Thor and ares or spidey.

I was using max Thor, Ares and Spidey when pushing. But then subbed in the Bagman allstars - that should be displaying now?

Spend a not inconsiderable amount of a shield, that has barely been needed so far lol
  • For this tourney, don't think it's going to be possible to hit 2400. They just have too many popular character buffed that nobody is really going to be able to get ahead.

In the Divine tourney before this I was in a very competitive bracket and hat to surpass the guy at rank 1 who had 24xx points. I ended up winning with 2566 points and all guys in the top 5 were over 2000 points, while rank 6 to 10 where between 700 and 9xx points.

This time the guy at rank 1 is at 600 and I'm on 2 with 560 or so points. I'll probably will have to go (at max) up to 900 or 1000 points tonight to win this bracket. Will see how much points the other guys in the top 5 will gain and then make my move.
    Have not shielded once yet in this tourney. Got attacked once the first night and 5 or 6 times tonight losing about 150 or 200 points. Don't even care since I'm still on rank 2 and can gain these points easily back with 4 or 5 wins.
  • I think they may have done something behind the scenes for tank teams, mine isn't getting hit either
  • entropic01 wrote:
    I think they may have done something behind the scenes for tank teams, mine isn't getting hit either
    I can confirm that were not showing as a tank team when I was stuck skipping past you.
  • I think a way to put a tank team in is have one that is good enough to get a win (even if it takes a few tries to do it). Securing a win is what matters now.

If I had to guess, it's not registering your team when you yield to someone else
  • Tanking is bad for the game anyways, imo.

I agree, but when the matchmaking is as bad as it is, it seems to be the only method to use to shake things up.
  • I'm only around 200pts and I got whooped by 7 players last night for about a 30% loss of points. So. Much. Fun.

Tanking is a response to a $hitty system, not the reason for it being that way.
  • Something like this happened to me... I wasn't tanking, but I was in 1st with ~600 pts and was waiting for the attack... since none came, I decided not to shield. Lost 140 pts an hour later.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Tanking is bad for the game anyways, imo.

Tanking is a response to a $hitty system, not the reason for it being that way.
    It didn't necessarily cause the underlying issue, but I would say contributes to it. I would classify it as exploitation. The system may have problems, but tanking doesn't make it any better (in regards to the ecosystem, it certainly gives the individual player benefit).

Imo, one of the problems was nonchalantly sharing and advising this tactic. The more people that tank, the more necessary it becomes to tank.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems tank teams are now filtered, so you can shield with tanks icon_e_smile.gif /except for retaliations/
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I was using max Thor, Ares and Spidey when pushing. But then subbed in the Bagman allstars - that should be displaying now?

Spend a not inconsiderable amount of a shield, that has barely been needed so far lol

Just pulled you up in my opponents queue (3:20pm PST): 85 Thor / 85 Ares / 141 Spidey
  • I'm finding it to be pretty consistent that when you are shielded you don't get attacked nearly as much. You get hit some... Devs have to make you believe that shield is worth buying. But when you take that shield down, you are fair game. And if you are close to a milestone, you get put into a number of people's crosshairs. Today in DC when I was getting ready for a short push, I had the same 5 people in my list. Somewhere around the 9 hour mark, people started taking shields down and new people showed up on the list. After they got hammered for a bit, shields went up and they disappeared. Later, same 5 targets as before. Yes, much of this is speculation, but they're learning that if they make changes that are well obfuscated, they don't catch as much grief for it. Cent Cent
  • Perhaps they are putting those shield in invisible mode?
    As in instead of getting shown in the list, people who have put shield will 'skip' 2-3 turns before they are shown up?
  • I can confirm shielding is basically invisible mode, I havent had a good match all day, soon as number 2 unshielded, 1 pass and he popped in my attack list