Not getting attacked?

Options
I'm very confused... I currently have 500 points in the Divine champions tournament and am in 5th place. I put up a lv 15 loki, lv 6 mag, and lv 6 jugg to tank. I did this about 7 hours ago and have not been attacked once. Something doesn't seem right about this since everyone else is saying they are getting attacked at the same frequency. Anyone else notice this or having a similar experience?

Comments

• I did the same thing about an hour ago and not a single person outside of retaliations has hit me. Sitting with 700 points.
  • rpmurray wrote:
    I'm very confused... I currently have 500 points in the Divine champions tournament and am in 5th place. I put up a lv 15 loki, lv 6 mag, and lv 6 jugg to tank. I did this about 7 hours ago and have not been attacked once. Something doesn't seem right about this since everyone else is saying they are getting attacked at the same frequency. Anyone else notice this or having a similar experience?

There's definitely something that's preventing people from being attacked, but it's not clear how to do this reliably (I'm sure everyone would like to know).

It seems like extended inactivity somehow causes you to drop off from matchup list based on the reported incidents.
  • I have a feeling I am getting attacked and when I wake up tomorrow I will be -400 points...
  • Maybe everyone is gunning for OBW
  • This is because the Gap thing, it's 0 or 900. If you are somewhere in the middle, no one seriously going to attack you because there are juicer target elsewhere.

From 400 onward,I can see 1k, below that I can't see very high up, I put a tank team at 800, hardly anyone attack me, but when I tried to break 1.2k, everyone and his dog attacked me. lol
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    I did the same thing about an hour ago and not a single person outside of retaliations has hit me. Sitting with 700 points.

I'm pretty sure I saw your team pop up normally on my matchup list. Your team is probably about as strong as one can expect for this tournament and right now I think we got enough people clustered around the 500-700 range that your team would never just appear on someone's matchup list while worth more than 30 points. All the times I saw you was in the 20 range and there's no way I'm going to attack a team stronger than mine for 20 points, and by the time you're worth more than 20 points I don't see you again on my normal matchup list.
  • Same. I think it might be because of the stages.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Bucky76 wrote:
    I did the same thing about an hour ago and not a single person outside of retaliations has hit me. Sitting with 700 points.

I'm pretty sure I saw your team pop up normally on my matchup list. Your team is probably about as strong as one can expect for this tournament and right now I think we got enough people clustered around the 500-700 range that your team would never just appear on someone's matchup list while worth more than 30 points. All the times I saw you was in the 20 range and there's no way I'm going to attack a team stronger than mine for 20 points, and by the time you're worth more than 20 points I don't see you again on my normal matchup list.

Hmm maybe it never updated my team ..because I put up 41 Loki , 6 Bagman , 1 Venom.
  • I've been running random vRiations of 85 Thor 55 storm C 75Ares 79 Mag C 115 Rag and a few other high end chars.
    I have been running into 85 ares storm and Thor teams like 80% of match ups. Never seeing tank teams.
    I'm sitting around 300 points and I'm prolly getting hit 3-4 times per hour.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Bucky76 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Bucky76 wrote:

Hmm maybe it never updated my team ..because I put up 41 Loki , 6 Bagman , 1 Venom.

Every time I saw you, your team was 85 Storm/Ares/Thor, so I'm not going to mess with that for 20 points.

Edit: never mind, I was thinking of Brady26. Names look pretty similar!
  • When I'm actually playing I am using 85 thor/storm/ares, so I wonder if the game is not registering my tank team.
  • i barely reaching 700 points with less than 20 points every match i won so far... and when ppl attack me it stole 40+ point from me... how the hell people able to reach 2400 points if my point got reduced from retaliation faster than i can earn back my points?
  • For this tourney, don't think it's going to be possible to hit 2400. They just have too many popular character buffed that nobody is really going to be able to get ahead.
  • For this tourney, don't think it's going to be possible to hit 2400. They just have too many popular character buffed that nobody is really going to be able to get ahead.

Nobody can possibly pull ahead in this tournament if people can still see you since there is no team you'd need to be afraid of. You can hit 2400 if you somehow landed in one of those matchups where everyone around you is shielded, but you'll need a lot of luck to get there. In my matchup it's not unusual to see a guy with 700 points drop down to 500 points between the first and second time you attacked him.
  • I'm experiencing this too, shielded yesterday at just over 1100 pts and put a team of Lv6 Thor, Lv6 Bagman and Lv1 Yelena in. It's now about 12 hours later I've been attacked a total of four times. One of those was a yield as well! Is anyone picking up my team in their matchmaking? Curious to know of my tank team is showing up.

Even so, I was getting hit left right and centre with a maxed out Thor, Ares and Spider-Man before I shielded, so don't understand why it has stopped all of a sudden. Some kind of stealth update to shielded teams or a bug?
  • rpmurray wrote:
    I wish I had the same problems with you. I decided to got for the HP and as high as I can get because I was bored doing nothing. I went to bed with 530 and 8 hours later I was at 330. Right now I am at 450 and waiting the retaliations to strike. It is a fairly low bracket, so I may shield for 3h if I get over 550 which #4 at the moment. To do that I will have to stay up until 4am though so I am not sure it's worth it. No way I am spending all my HP (200) since you can't even tell how things will go 8 hours later.
  • Narkon wrote:
    rpmurray wrote:
    I wish I had the same problems with you. I decided to got for the HP and as high as I can get because I was bored doing nothing. I went to bed with 530 and 8 hours later I was at 330. Right now I am at 450 and waiting the retaliations to strike. It is a fairly low bracket, so I may shield for 3h if I get over 550 which #4 at the moment. To do that I will have to stay up until 4am though so I am not sure it's worth it. No way I am spending all my HP (200) since you can't even tell how things will go 8 hours later.

Exactly. If I could push ahead of first, even to about 1100 (top is 680 and shielded) I would maybe throw up an 8 hr shield. At the moment though? Certainly not worth it as I can't even find anyone above about 520. I got to about 620 and then got hit a few times and so that's minus 30-50 while the most i can get is a +20 if I am lucky. Yea...they sure helped the PvP
    ith the last matchmaking change :/ what happened to the whole "find anyone" thing. Or is it just not in effect for me lol (rhetorical, I know its nit just me).
  • Do you have a very high MMR, The Ladder? My current speculation, though that's all it is, is that whatever futzing they've done with match-making is making players at the highest persistent ratings effectively invisible to the ravening pack, because there's so relatively few up there. Mine's middling, maybe a bit low (seeing some non-maxed Areses!) after yielding down to OBW in Divine Champions 1 and miserable performance in this week's LRs (one heroic and some ISO), and I'm plainly stuck in the no progression allowed quagmire many are experiencing. Haven't seen jacobpc, thereck or their ilk in a while, but I was able to see them when I was relatively easily pulling clear and going to 1800+.
  • How hard can it be to match you up with half the people up to 200 points above you + half the people 200 less than you, extending the range if no enemies are found?

This tournament I've experienced:
    Zero point enemies when passing 1400 points, then after dropping points also experienced them again at 1300 points.
    Only being matched against enemies with 50-250 less points than you.
    Being attacked by players with virtually no points when you're 1000+.

Altogether makes a rubbish play experience. Think I'll just go for the OBW prizes since they've been throwing Punisher cards at you in EVERY tournament (it would be nice to have some variety on the 3-star rewards) so they're only selling for ISO/gold now.
  • Hi, the ladder. You attacked me just before I hit 1.2k lol.

As far as your defence team go, it never was bagman team.

It's 3 max lvl chars. Rag Thor and ares or spidey.