Deadpool Daily Quest - Round Nineteen - May 19 to May 23

Options
13»

Comments

• dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone having trouble with DDQ today? I have a 2/0/1 HT Classic but can't get into the last two nodes - I opened a ticket via e-mail, but wondered if anyone else was having a similar issue.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    Anyone having trouble with DDQ today? I have a 2/0/1 HT Classic but can't get into the last two nodes - I opened a ticket via e-mail, but wondered if anyone else was having a similar issue.

Possibly encountered the same issue, but not today but with patch. Had him in my roster but still said character needed and took me to the recruit heroes bit. I had to manually search for him in my roster and select him before I could do his required character node and the big enchalida. Was on the verge of submitting a ticket.

Think it was maybe caused by the fact I had his cover in claim rewards and had just rostered him specifically so I could complete the quest.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tinykitty! icon_evil.gif

I cruised through the first 3 waves today, but wasn't careful enough to end wave 4 on a skill. I got an unexpected cascade that killed the last goon, so it was the AI's turn when wave 4 began. And it's BP + Lady Thor day icon_cry.gif

Power Surge. Rage of the Panther. Dead OBW. Match-4. Dead CStorm.

Next turn, another RotP. Thor down to <2K health, and even after downing Panther with two CtS, it was clear I had no chance to finish Sentry and Lady Thor.

Blast! That's the first time I've wrecked so hard at wave 4 in a long time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tinykitty! icon_evil.gif

I cruised through the first 3 waves today, but wasn't careful enough to end wave 4 on a skill. I got an unexpected cascade that killed the last goon, so it was the AI's turn when wave 4 began. And it's BP + Lady Thor day icon_cry.gif

Power Surge. Rage of the Panther. Dead OBW. Match-4. Dead CStorm.

Next turn, another RotP. Thor down to <2K health, and even after downing Panther with two CtS, it was clear I had no chance to finish Sentry and Lady Thor.

Blast! That's the first time I've wrecked so hard at wave 4 in a long time.

Having only made it through -10 times so far, I can imagine how that must have felt. I realize it's easier for people with a bunch of 3*s, but every time I make it to wave 4, I'm shaking almost uncontrollably (yeah, I know).

I could actually imagine seeing it happening as I read your post, and it wasn't a good feeling. icon_e_sad.gif

If it's any consolation (I realize it isn't. lol), I had to bail in wave 1 today (no blue... like ZERO blue). Haven't done that in a while.

Edit: Forgot to mention something I figured out a bit ago. I posted it somewhere, but no idea where. Right before waves 2 & 4, like before your final enemy is close to death, pop off an icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png . It's probably saved my life more than I'm even aware of...

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just a quick heads up, I'll be out of town tonight and tomorrow so the next dpd thread will be later in the afternoon tomorrow. If the info is needed beforehand, the fights will be the same as round 18, and Snowkatt has an awesome thread showing all the upcoming rewards.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got caught with that also today. 4th round baby torch power surged and stunned. Followed by rage of the panther. Annoying as usually call the storm twice, followed by fireball rotating in a cycle to share the pain. Finish off with thunder strike to recharge the storm but with torch stunned had two match it out to torch came to. Not wasting my stockpiled red using mini Thor's red. Regained my footing and finished them off.

Obw and mini Thor and torch are work well for deadpools. Worse come to worse lay down inferno and burn them out!! Saved me a few times when I have been low on Apr due to dealing with ninjas in the earlier rounds.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    dswan3rd wrote:

Possibly encountered the same issue, but not today but with patch. Had him in my roster but still said character needed and took me to the recruit heroes bit. I had to manually search for him in my roster and select him before I could do his required character node and the big enchalida. Was on the verge of submitting a ticket.

Think it was maybe caused by the fact I had his cover in claim rewards and had just rostered him specifically so I could complete the quest.

Good call - I never thought to select him as the 2nd or 3rd character to see what would happen...I tried to place him on the right and the game moved him to the center...hopefully I can survive the enchilada...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Surprised no one commented on this...

Am I the only one who noticed every enemy in the Goon waves dropping CD tiles every turn from the jump? No breaks, with each character dropping a new tile every single turn?

When I played yesterday it behaved as usual, with a 2 or 3 round warm-up and breaks when there were enough active tiles on the board, but today, it didn't matter if I left a tile or killed it immediately, up popped 3 new CDTs?

I made it through, but wow, was that ever a struggle.

DBC

P.S. Yes, I couldn't resist trying again, despite saying I wouldn't. PvE was not going to happen and I was bored. icon_razz.gificon_redface.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it's any consolation (I realize it isn't. lol), I had to bail in wave 1 today (no blue... like ZERO blue). Haven't done that in a while.
    On my very next attempt yesterday I too had to bail in wave 1! It was insane. Every CD tile one of the goons dropped landed in an unmatchable spot. I think OBW died to a quadruple-Threaten-enhanced Unskilled Pistol.

So I ended up consuming all 5 of my health packs in very short order.

I finally beat it on the third try.
    Edit: Forgot to mention something I figured out a bit ago. I posted it somewhere, but no idea where. Right before waves 2 & 4, like before your final enemy is close to death, pop off an icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png . It's probably saved my life more than I'm even aware of...
    Panther had 30 black AP at the start of that wave-4-from-hell. I could never have stolen enough black for it to matter.

And then in Shield SIM today, I took on a Modern Hawkeye. Turn 1, match-5. All four speed shots resolve. As the fourth one resolves, it creates a second match-5, and it was clear from the board layout they were all going to resolve too. Good grief. The bad luck runs sure do stick in your memory.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Technically round twenty, but nice to see the CD tiles calming down today. Good thing too, just managed to limp through with my crew all in triple digits...

Not sure I want to build Colossus, but I figure if I practice enough I'll be less (physically) shaky at the end. icon_e_wink.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

DBC