*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Comments

• GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    this scenatio wont happen often at all. her red cost to much, i guess this is a nice way to say hoe useful the red can be?

either way as long as her red still cost more than 10 ap shes trash
    Nah... I'm not trying to prove anything. It's just a puzzle to have fun with. You don't even need to use Pistols to solve the easy version. So, this puzzle doesn't prove that Pistols is the best ability in the game by any stretch of the imagination. The best ability in the game is Murderous Aim, which I proved in an earlier puzzle. icon_e_wink.gif
  • thbrown81
    thbrown81 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Why would I use her sniper rifle when I can just use her purple power and then XForce people to death over and over and over?
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    thbrown81 wrote:
    Why would I use her sniper rifle when I can just use her purple power and then XForce people to death over and over and over?

Because you're facing XForce and GSBW is your last man standing.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    thbrown81 wrote:
    It's the same ability, especially if you use Deceptive Tactics to earn your AP. X-Force is just a Lvl 5 Sniper Rifle that was broken up to cost 1/3 the greentile.png AP and do 1/3 the damage. Both tear up the board, except that you can't predict what X-Force will do. In this scenario, X-Force could cause Recovery to be matched and end your game right there.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    this scenatio wont happen often at all. her red cost to much, i guess this is a nice way to say hoe useful the red can be?

either way as long as her red still cost more than 10 ap shes trash
    Nah... I'm not trying to prove anything. It's just a puzzle to have fun with. You don't even need to use Pistols to solve the easy version. So, this puzzle doesn't prove that Pistols is the best ability in the game by any stretch of the imagination. The best ability in the game is Murderous Aim, which I proved in an earlier puzzle. icon_e_wink.gif

God yes murderous aim is awsome i love having thAT TEAM UP!

I even like yelena Belovas PayBack Mission.

Oh god if i had a 3* with payback mission id fight daken all the time.

I hated murderous aim when using bullseye because 19ap? like really but he had passive protect tiles which minimized damage takin while getting the ap. ( A Perfect example of a balanced character) whens Lazy Bullseye, Yelena, Venom they all have really cool powers some of them best in the game but all suck because of level caps
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I have a 5 greenflag.png 4 redflag.png 1 purpleflag.png widow and she has been a real help for Ultron. the ability to selectively destroy those bomb tiles is very nice. With a 2 or 3* thor at 5 yellow makes that green easier to pop off.

i really just started playing her this event as i got the 5th green as a daily reward recently.

i was wondering if a 544 build would be good for her since that allows 3 shots on red and a guaranteed match 5 on purple.....or is that just crazy talk?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJSquiggy wrote:
    I have a 5 greenflag.png 4 redflag.png 1 purpleflag.png widow and she has been a real help for Ultron. the ability to selectively destroy those bomb tiles is very nice. With a 2 or 3* thor at 5 yellow makes that green easier to pop off.

i really just started playing her this event as i got the 5th green as a daily reward recently.

i was wondering if a 544 build would be good for her since that allows 3 shots on red and a guaranteed match 5 on purple.....or is that just crazy talk?

a little Crazy talk, purple and green should always be maxed, unless you truly are only using her as single target destroyer, then yes 5/4/4 is the best single target damage.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    DJSquiggy wrote:

Until they change her red dramatically there is never any good reason to go more than 3 in red. It is just too expensive with horrible damage. Her green and purple combo plus her recent health increase makes her somewhat viable but you should always bring in a better red user like Cap or Cyke.
  • From a PVE perspective, should I max BW or KK? I'm thinking of running them with a 166 Steve Rogers and 166 Luke Cage.

Both has AOE green damage and a purple skill that generates green AP.

KK has heal but her purple is random.

BW allows for cascade for both green and purple.

Which one is better? Would it overkill to have KK's heal with unbreakable skin negating match damage?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've switched from GSBW to KK. Yes, the purple is random, but you can get it out quicker, and her nuke is way cheaper. Haven't paired her with Cage, but I can see how that'd be annoying.
  • I'm personally running her with Prof X, the 5 pink allows for consistent controlled trigger of prof x's 5 match ability. Typically I can get 2 matchs with each use of her ability. I find the red to be virtually useless
  • simonsez wrote:
    I've switched from GSBW to KK. Yes, the purple is random, but you can get it out quicker, and her nuke is way cheaper. Haven't paired her with Cage, but I can see how that'd be annoying.
    Thanks! I thought so too, I'll up KK first and keep GSBW as a back up
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Did Sniper Rifle get stealth buffed? I distinctly remember it popping tiles in a 5x5 reticule pattern:

yellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png
    greentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png
    greentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    greentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png
    yellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png

I haven't leveled it up since the last time I used it, but it's at 3 covers (the description doesn't mention a specific number of tiles either). Now it is is a 7x7 reticule with 8 additional tiles blown up over the old pattern:

yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
    yellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png
    greentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png
    greentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    greentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png
    yellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png
    yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    The description at 3 covers includes "Destroys more tiles", which is when the reticle gets enlarged. It's always been that way. You're probably remembering using it at 2 covers, and now at 3 covers.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I just got my 5th green cover for gsbw yesterday or the day before and holy cow. She's brutal. Especially as she is boosted this week. Not having a better alternative (I see many say KK instead?) with as many covers GSBW just rocketed up my list for usefulness. One more cover to go for her to be maxed, hoping to see it someday.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    lymang wrote:
    I just got my 5th green cover for gsbw yesterday or the day before and holy cow. She's brutal. Especially as she is boosted this week. Not having a better alternative (I see many say KK instead?) with as many covers GSBW just rocketed up my list for usefulness. One more cover to go for her to be maxed, hoping to see it someday.

Yeah, the difference between 4 and 5 green has to be one of the biggest jumps in the game. She is definitely not worth putting anything into without 5 green.
  • I've been using GSBW vs the computer in the four round Deadpool daily, and I find having three shots with her pistol extremely useful in stopping NPC countdown tiles from exploding. Currently she is 4/5/4 and it's great. But I'm seeing so much hate for red! Am I crazy to not max out purple?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Theomanic wrote:
    I've been using GSBW vs the computer in the four round Deadpool daily, and I find having three shots with her pistol extremely useful in stopping NPC countdown tiles from exploding. Currently she is 4/5/4 and it's great. But I'm seeing so much hate for red! Am I crazy to not max out purple?

you don't want to bring online faster a green ability that at rank 5 can do like 4.5k-5k+ damage to the whole enemy team, blow a hole in a spot you want on the board and possibly cause some cascades?

yeah its kinda weird to not max purple.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    As a long time user of GSBW, but still never having maxed her out, the reason I never maxed her out is because even with Deceptive Tactics to accrue green, she's still too slow when there are faster ways to deploy the AOE. Given: her AOE deals significant additional damage to your forward opponent, gives you an opportunity to remove tiles that upset you, and creates cascades. So it isn't like the extra 5 AP are wasted, but the game is geared toward speed right now, and her power, in comparison, is archaic. Effective, but not efficient, especially with the health buffs.

Note 1: When I say 'inefficient' I don't mean 'ineffective,' I mean that there are other cheaper ways to get there from here (KK, LThor, SW).

Note 2: Her climbing red cost puts it out of contention when compared to many of the more efficient users; Cyclops offers minimal cross up (only one color), and many people field LThor who has two exchange abilities, uses the second to fuel his AOE, and instead elects to fuel GSBW's primary attack.

Note 3: Maxing Deceptive Tactics is almost always the way to go; I'm already a rebel in that I'm targeting a KK build of 4 BOtB/4 Stretch/5 Bash. Most people will go 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. But I like 4s in certain circumstances.
  • Niq6
    Niq6 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I currently have her at 5/4/3 at level 114. She's a monster but takes a bit to get her levels up. What i've been doing is matching her with CMags & 2* Hawkeye. Between her deceptive tactics which start Hawkeye's speed drops and CMags polarizing force, I gain the needed green AP in cascades quickly. As soon as I can get her to 5/3/5, this team will be even more devastating.

Who else could I use instead of CMags?