Lord of Thunder - Apr 14 - 18 - Season XIII

Options
2»

Comments

• who are you guys using for defense?

ive been doing pretty good. climbing my way up nice and easy up to 400+ points.

not sure who to use for defense while i stop playing.

my roster
    top dogs
    245 thor
    166 deadpool
    148 hulk
    147 xforce
    127 patch
    125 classic magneto
    108 blade
    91 loki
    100 hood

then a bunch of 100's or lower like ares black widow.. the usual suspects.
  • nnypirate wrote:
    who are you guys using for defense?

ive been doing pretty good. climbing my way up nice and easy up to 400+ points.

not sure who to use for defense while i stop playing.

my roster
    top dogs
    245 thor
    166 deadpool
    148 hulk
    147 xforce
    127 patch
    125 classic magneto
    108 blade
    91 loki
    100 hood

then a bunch of 100's or lower like ares black widow.. the usual suspects.

With that roster if you just need someone for defense, I'd go with Thor, Hulk, and either Hood or Loki, assuming you have 5 in Anger for Hulk, 5 in Trickery for Loki, and 5 in Intimidation for Hood. DP would also work well.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sucky matchmaking again,why cant they get the hint no one likes it?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Actually I have a different take re: defense. With hood at so low level, he'll be 1 shotted w/ an xf green hit. A boosted 245 Thor is certainly intimidating, and give most players pause in attacking you unless you're worth 30+ points. I would match him w/ cmag/deadpool for defense. Cmag is always dangerous due to his red/blue even at lower levels. Deadpool is always sneaky with his whale attack lurking. Using hulk/xf as defense will leave you vulnerable to a surgical strike taking out green; so it's not ideal.
  • puppychow
    Options

You're not asking the right question. The right question is whether the MMR change has resulted in increase of shield usage and heal pack sales. the answer is yes, so it's the change is working as intended. icon_twisted.gif
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    puppychow wrote:

You're not asking the right question. The right question is whether the MMR change has resulted in increase of shield usage and heal pack sales. the answer is yes, so it's the change is working as intended. icon_twisted.gif
    They are running dangerously close to losing their install base though,at the cost of making a quick buck
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So something weird happened. Just joined this PvP not long ago and one thing I noticed is that I was getting nothing but seed teams until I got over 200 points until I just started skipping them. Anyone else have this happen?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Re-posting this from another thread, i think we found the big difference in difficulty in this PVP vs Kingpin
    roberts_2 wrote:
    The MMR works fine only when i don't have the OP char, rest of PVP are a short event for me (3-5 fights). Not funny.

I think you nailed it. For kingpin, since i did not have him, i had a smooth road in that PVP, didn't get top 25 (wanted that green cover, grr) but, still at 31, my highest ranking ever.

Thor PVP, since Thor 5/5/3 lvl 142 , the MMR is basing my matches off of Thors boosted level, not my actual roster level. So a 5/1/5 lvl 142 Doom, and a random level 100 ( i have 3, (KK, DD, SG) been trying different combo's) .

Normally my MMR would be based off of top 3, avg level 128, But now since Thor is boosted to 268 for the PVP, it is giving me matches where it thinks my average level is 170, above the 3 star mark, so it thinks, sure he can take these massive teams.

I think we may have just found the glitch in the system.. now if they could just fix it!!!
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Re-posting this from another thread, i think we found the big difference in difficulty in this PVP vs Kingpin
    roberts_2 wrote:
    The MMR works fine only when i don't have the OP char, rest of PVP are a short event for me (3-5 fights). Not funny.

I think you nailed it. For kingpin, since i did not have him, i had a smooth road in that PVP, didn't get top 25 (wanted that green cover, grr) but, still at 31, my highest ranking ever.

Thor PVP, since Thor 5/5/3 lvl 142 , the MMR is basing my matches off of Thors boosted level, not my actual roster level. So a 5/1/5 lvl 142 Doom, and a random level 100 ( i have 3, (KK, DD, SG) been trying different combo's) .

Normally my MMR would be based off of top 3, avg level 128, But now since Thor is boosted to 268 for the PVP, it is giving me matches where it thinks my average level is 170, above the 3 star mark, so it thinks, sure he can take these massive teams.

I think we may have just found the glitch in the system.. now if they could just fix it!!!
    Thats not the case,the last one(kingpin)they tweaked it after people complained.it doesnt look like they are doin anything to this one(yet?)
  • puppychow wrote:

thanks for the input guys.

I went with high thor/cmags/deadpool
    lost 102 overnight :/

still 65 overall though.
    ill climb back up today and leave the defensive team as thor/hulk/loki
  • Agggh, nothing but Lvl 240+ Thors after the seed team. I do have a max covered and near max lvled 3* Thor, but this just means I have to use at least 1 health pack after each and every battle. Fight 3 battles=> health pack depleted => waited 3-4 hours => fight another 3 battles => wait another 3-4 hours..

I'll have to take a long break away from this game after this season, the tedium in this game have now far exceeded the fun factor.
  • So something weird happened. Just joined this PvP not long ago and one thing I noticed is that I was getting nothing but seed teams until I got over 200 points until I just started skipping them. Anyone else have this happen?

Ha ha ha ha... Nooope, didn't have that problem here... *softly crying*

I currently feel a wave of excitement upon seeing a team I can fight and possibly beat, let alone a seed...

DBC
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Five what in a row?

PvP threads listing all the rewards. I get up in the morning, log in, see a new event starting in 8 hours, and feel compelled to set up a thread for it.

Just carrying on the good work done by so many in the past.

You could make it 6 in a row right now. Lethal Intent will start Friday and have Quicksilver rewards, (nearly) guaranteed. Colors will be random on the 3* rewards, but 4* should be predictable.

You are Paul Atreides and I claim my £5.
  • puppychow
    Options
    They are running dangerously close to losing their install base though,at the cost of making a quick buck

I'm not convinced that is the case though. D3 has been exhibiting at a ton of conventions lately, and those costs tens of thousands of dollars each to participate in (when you factor in the cost of booth rental, creating the exhibits, and payroll for employees); I'm sure those exhibitions have pulled in a ton of newcomers into the game. If some of these newbies are whales willing to pay through the nose to "catch up" to veteran players in pvp, then D3 would still be getting more revenue from the newcomers (who wouldn't know any better what it was like previously) than the publishers is losing from rage quitters.

When you do pvp events, if you look at the rosters of every matchup you'll notice that a lot of the players are newcomers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ok, this event has really spoiled me to what a big hammer feels like in the game. about a season ago I was a ** ares/obw player and now I have a Lthor at 153 (5/3/4), loki at 140 (5/1/5) and was running a lower hood at 102 (5/3/0) and was taking down good teams on a regular basis. also got hit a ton overnight. climbed to 650, lost 250 of it over night and climbed back up to 600 at the end. I will miss having the big hammer. I don't have many up to the low 100s yet so it will be featured/thor/loki which is still good but man to have him boosted.... didn't bat an eye at xf but still skipped if he was in the 200s but probably wouldn't have mattered. if he can't get an ability off what difference does it make. hood and loki together are nails and I'm very much looking forward to getting hood to 5 blue (still need a black though).
  • what team are y'all running? Running Daken/Blade/Loaner seems **** b/c there's so many buff thors walking around. Kamala/BuffThor/Hood?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,036 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jumped with 2 hours left in the 7pm est time

got 515 pts (first time every hitting 500+) came in 24th with 515 pts (top was 900)

team was thor ares and wolf or dakken.
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    puppychow wrote:

I'm not convinced that is the case though. D3 has been exhibiting at a ton of conventions lately, and those costs tens of thousands of dollars each to participate in (when you factor in the cost of booth rental, creating the exhibits, and payroll for employees); I'm sure those exhibitions have pulled in a ton of newcomers into the game. If some of these newbies are whales willing to pay through the nose to "catch up" to veteran players in pvp, then D3 would still be getting more revenue from the newcomers (who wouldn't know any better what it was like previously) than the publishers is losing from rage quitters.

When you do pvp events, if you look at the rosters of every matchup you'll notice that a lot of the players are newcomers.
    That might be the case for u but not for me most guys i look at havequite a few full 3 stars