Lord of Thunder - Apr 14 - 18 - Season XIII

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
Five in a row. Same worries about dates and countdowns, if they're wrong, please let me know.

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_professorx.pngyellowflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png
300. Recruit Token - Lord of Thunder
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. 1000 iso8.png
575. 25 imcoin.png
650. Recruit Token - Lord of Thunder
725. 50 imcoin.png
800. icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png
850. 1000 iso8.png
900. Recruit Token - Lord of Thunder
950. 1000 iso8.png
1000. icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Ending Time Countdowns

Slice 1
Slice 2
Slice 3
Slice 4
Slice 5

Comments

• hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Has Gamora black ever been the lowest tier and alliance reward? Feels like we skipped that one...
  • Has Gamora black ever been the lowest tier and alliance reward? Feels like we skipped that one...
    I have her at 5/5/0 so I think indeed her black was never rewarded in the lowest tier. It's really disappointing and I will skip this one too.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same here with Gamora, 5/5/1 with a lucky black pull.

The real disappointment here about "RNG" is that she'll almost certainly rotate out next season, considering Grocket rotated out this season, and they were released about the same time. Of course, Grocket also rotated out without yellow ever being offered as T100 in a PVP....
  • Gamora's black will be up pretty soon in DDQ, at least. But she's a living example of how stupid their reliance on the RNG is.
  • hex706f726368
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Gamora's black will be up pretty soon in DDQ, at least. But she's a living example of how stupid their reliance on the RNG is.

I thought RNG was for the IPO in PvP. I thought after that it was supposed to rotate.

I have her at 553, but now that xf won't be as much of a thing, her black looks more appealing. Don't see myself respec'ing though unless I can double up on black. Seeing as top 5 will probably be a PITA and her DPDQ is ~20 days away, this event just became an ISO/HP mine for me. icon_e_sad.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Five what in a row?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Gamora's black will be up pretty soon in DDQ, at least. But she's a living example of how stupid their reliance on the RNG is.

I thought RNG was for the IPO in PvP. I thought after that it was supposed to rotate.

Nope. RNG every time someone is offered. That's why Ragnarok's blue was top 5 in PVP and top 20 (out of 1000) in PVE, Gamora's black has never been the easy prize, and Iron Fist's Purple is his rarest power. Also why I was selling yellow Squirrel Girls when I still needed six covers for her.

The only things that rotate are the 4* rewards in PVP.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Five what in a row?

PvP threads listing all the rewards. I get up in the morning, log in, see a new event starting in 8 hours, and feel compelled to set up a thread for it.

Just carrying on the good work done by so many in the past.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Five what in a row?

PvP threads listing all the rewards. I get up in the morning, log in, see a new event starting in 8 hours, and feel compelled to set up a thread for it.

One day, you'll see one that starts "C-c-c-combo breaker!"
    icon_e_wink.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 days fighting 290 LThors, not my idea of a good time.
  • I might just tank this PvP so I can avoid the vet bracket and hope for a stronger character in the next event.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Except they removed tanking?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course Xforce change goind live mid-event, when ProfX is the top reward!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

This is why you bring in Doom.. his purple can take down 11k+ hp in 1 shot if done right. No idea how many hp a 290 thor is going to have though.

Also, when the Gamora PVP starts, expect to see LOADS of Kamalas, with her red ability costing so little AP, heals heals heals! May get some defensive wins for once.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

This is why you bring in Doom.. his purple can take down 11k+ hp in 1 shot if done right. No idea how many hp a 290 thor is going to have though.

Also, when the Gamora PVP starts, expect to see LOADS of Kamalas, with her red ability costing so little AP, heals heals heals! May get some defensive wins for once.

290 should be around 17k, give or take a few hundred. 280 Thor from last season was around 16.2k, IIRC.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Five what in a row?

You could make it 6 in a row right now. Lethal Intent will start Friday and have Quicksilver rewards, (nearly) guaranteed. Colors will be random on the 3* rewards, but 4* should be predictable.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

290 should be around 17k, give or take a few hundred. 280 Thor from last season was around 16.2k, IIRC.

17599 is 290 thor health. And after 100 points I moved into T50, so that's pretty much all I see. Fantastic.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I started seeing max teams right after my 3 seeds, but skipped those and found some easier teams to handle. But while soft climbing, I've been getting hit since the 100s. Decided to slap a 3 hour shield at 300 just to take a breather. Seeing some transition teams now. I'm simply avoiding the max 290 lthor teams until AI forces me to fight them to climb.
  • This event is just miserable. I'm coming out if every battle needing two health packs. So I'm not going to bother. Just aim low and accept a lousy score. It's just not worth the effort.
  • hex706f726368
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    This event is just miserable. I'm coming out if every battle needing two health packs. So I'm not going to bother. Just aim low and accept a lousy score. It's just not worth the effort.

61319519.jpg

I really hope my sense of humor makes sense here...