*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

Comments

• I'm really going to need to see his skills in action before I decide on a build. I don't see why 5 in Healing Factor would be necessary; as much as I love it on 2* Wolvie, if your team doesn't use yellow, lv3 will almost always trigger. It seems like pretty much any build could be viable depending on how much overkill the red provides.
  • 5/5/3 for me. i never had problems with 2* wolverine not regenerating and i don't see it happening here either.

i'd rather manage yellow than **** one of his skills that do something
  • 5/5/3 for me. i never had problems with 2* wolverine not regenerating and i don't see it happening here either.

i'd rather manage yellow than **** one of his skills that do something

I get that. By the same token, I don't want to have to manage my team composition to keep from making his red less effective or worry about the skill being less useful when teamed with a boosted character, so my focus is on green/yellow. I think both are perfectly good.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Going to have to wait to see what people think once enough covers are actually out, but I'm considering 4 in yellow. Seems to work reasonably well on my messed up 2* wolv, and the extra strike tiles/damage are both attractive options
  • Celerity wrote:
    I'm really going to need to see his skills in action before I decide on a build. I don't see why 5 in Healing Factor would be necessary; as much as I love it on 2* Wolvie, if your team doesn't use yellow, lv3 will almost always trigger. It seems like pretty much any build could be viable depending on how much overkill the red provides.

I went through a phase a while back playing with Wolverine and Daken, and I remember that Daken would get hurt fairly often at L1 (<8 tiles), infrequently at L2 (<7) and almost never at L5 (<6). Similarly, the times that Hawkeye does not avoid were fairly often at L1 (<9), and rarely at L3 (<7).

This might be selective memory, but based on that I expect a healing ability requiring 10 or more yellow tiles to be quite infrequent. Remember that given the popularity of Thor and Wolverine, even if you're not taking yellow, your opponents might.
    5/5/3 for me. i never had problems with 2* wolverine not regenerating and i don't see it happening here either.

Keep in mind that 2* is 8 or more, where 3* is 10 or more.
  • Yeah, as a 5/5/3 Wolvie user, I'm definitely contemplating x/x/5 for Patch. 8 is common but 10 is a pretty big difference imo.
  • Personally I'm thinking 3/5/5. Whatever limits the benefits the enemy receives seems to be the best bet for longevity.
  • Would love to get some thoughts on how he plays once you've had a chance to take him for a test drive.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played a few Florida missions with Patch and Loki. It was just as much fun as I thought it would be, especially when facing Daken and Bullseye. Suddenly, I have 9 strike tiles and 8 protect tiles. Rags would do an all out attack cycle for 3 points of damage, and the Patch Loki team would down one character with each hit.
  • Played a few Florida missions with Patch and Loki. It was just as much fun as I thought it would be, especially when facing Daken and Bullseye. Suddenly, I have 9 strike tiles and 8 protect tiles. Rags would do an all out attack cycle for 3 points of damage, and the Patch Loki team would down one character with each hit.

Did you buy Patch's covers or is this with the 1/1/1 cover?
  • Did that (with 1/1/1, not leveled) too, because I wanted to confirm it in action. It does exactly what you'd expect and is pretty outrageous, but not that cheap to start. Also, you'd have to use Loki. tbh I suspect his practical use in the wild, if any, would be to team up with green generators, bank 18 or even 27, and kill the purple strike tile team before they get another turn, same as killing Hulks without a stunner.
  • He'd probably work well with Hulk with maxed Anger, since you give strike tiles to the enemy team so they trigger Hulk's anger, which is boosted by your own strike tiles and hits all 3 enemy players. Sure, Hulk will be taking a beating, but that's what he's supposed to be doing.
  • Omg I hadn't even thought of that til I read these last few posts.
    I can only imagine patch + Loki and the extreme awesomeness.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    problem is you're maxing 2x *** chars specifically for an (admittedly awesome) 21 cost combo that the AI will never pull off properly
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    He'd probably work well with Hulk with maxed Anger, since you give strike tiles to the enemy team so they trigger Hulk's anger, which is boosted by your own strike tiles and hits all 3 enemy players. Sure, Hulk will be taking a beating, but that's what he's supposed to be doing.
    What are the relative red/green values?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    He'd probably work well with Hulk with maxed Anger, since you give strike tiles to the enemy team so they trigger Hulk's anger, which is boosted by your own strike tiles and hits all 3 enemy players. Sure, Hulk will be taking a beating, but that's what he's supposed to be doing.
    What are the relative red/green values?

They're both the same, so a higher level Hulk will tank red and green. The only problem is you need Wolverine in front if you want to make use of his red.
  • Basically, if You plan to use Hulk with Patch, You have to keep Hulk's lvl a bit lower (so You can't max him at 141).
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Loki and Patch are still low level and not well-covered, but I tried to do many Florida missions -- with Original Black Widow, who has nicely complementary colors.

The level 70 missions, they did pitiful damage for the first 30 or so rounds, then I finally managed to pull off Patch+Loki. After that, it was magical. OBW healed the team with her blue, and there were about 15 protect and strike tiles on the board. Each tile match did about 500 damage.

For this to work, about 10 each of Red, Green, Black, Purple, and Blue are needed, so it's very slow. OBW's steal sped that up, so I aimed for that first. Spidey would also likely work, and could also add an amusing number of defense tiles.
  • Did his healing get changed? I thought it was more....I could also be drunk.