Where is Deadpool's WEEKLY Quest?

Options
2»

Comments

• KrazyKeylime
    Options
    don't mean to break up the conversation but i though i'd chime in. Now there are many people that invest serious amounts of time in this game and grind hard for the shrinking pool of 3 cover event rewards. many of them can put in more time then and i think they deserve to win most of the time for it. i just started shield hoping in pvp is some events to try for the 1000 points. so far 0 for 3. first time was for fist but was aiming for that juicy yellow xforce to buff my 551 xforce. managed 850 and missed my hop 6hours off by an hour losing 270 points in the process cause of life. bought my first set of health packs that day. out 900hp nothing to show for it but some 3* event rewards i had maxed already. second got the red for luke cage 700 hp spent, third 450hp for just a mohawk storm in the lastest pvp missing the 4* by 40 points another hard day with life. the point is you are calculating that most people with play optimally for a year plus which is a big commitment for most people. I think a weekly is fine because you can't guarantee you can play optimally for that long of a time it would be bad enough missing a week for a 4 star you have do not have a cover for but messing up 2 weeks for a cover you do but couldn't play that day is depressing. then waiting for it to come back around 16 weeks !!!! cause 1 day you couldn't play. 1 week is pain enough lets leave it at that.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A 4* a week might be too much, but I seriously expected that they would give one after the full rotation of 3*'s first row powers.
  • I had a good laugh at this discussion. Is a year to fully cover a character too fast? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Are you guys worried that some newcomers will quickly build up high end roster and you will lose your hard earned advantage? Well, no worry, let me reassure you. Most people won't play long enough even to collect their first 4* daily reward.

PS 100 day player, a proud owner of a useless 2/1/0 TGT all from token pulls
  • shurak wrote:
    I had a good laugh at this discussion. Is a year to fully cover a character too fast? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Are you guys worried that some newcomers will quickly build up high end roster and you will lose your hard earned advantage? Well, no worry, let me reassure you. Most people won't play long enough even to collect their first 4* daily reward.

Again, it's not a year for 1, it's a year for all. And it's not a year. Wirius has everyone beleiving that because he keeps using it to prove weekly isn't too fast when it's not true. A Deadpool Quest handout wouldn't even be close to the only way to get 4* covers. It would probably be close to the easiest way tho.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    don't mean to break up the conversation but i though i'd chime in. Now there are many people that invest serious amounts of time in this game and grind hard for the shrinking pool of 3 cover event rewards. many of them can put in more time then and i think they deserve to win most of the time for it. i just started shield hoping in pvp is some events to try for the 1000 points. so far 0 for 3. first time was for fist but was aiming for that juicy yellow NC17-Force to nerf my 551 NC17-Force. managed 850 and missed my hop 6hours off by an hour losing 270 points in the process cause of life. bought my first set of health packs that day. out 900hp nothing to show for it but some 3* event rewards i had maxed already. second got the red for NoMoFro 700 hp spent, third 450hp for just a mohawk MohawkSoldSeparately in the lastest pvp missing the 4* by 40 points another hard day with life. the point is you are calculating that most people with play optimally for a year plus which is a big commitment for most people. I think a weekly is fine because you can't guarantee you can play optimally for that long of a time it would be bad enough missing a week for a 4 star you have do not have a cover for but messing up 2 weeks for a cover you do but couldn't play that day is depressing. then waiting for it to come back around 16 weeks !!!! cause 1 day you couldn't play. 1 week is pain enough lets leave it at that.
    I'd just like to add that my experience is very similar to Krazy's. People keep responding "Oh, it's easy to get a 4* every 2.5 days, just get 1000 pts!" Yeah, I'm 0 and 7. Dunno how many HP I've spent, but I have nothing to show for them.
  • I know for the current DDQ big enchelada the enemies and goons are levels 99-133. That is for a 2*-3* transition.

How ramped up would the enemy waves be for a 4* cover reward? would they go 134-166 or higher?
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    I had a good laugh at this discussion. Is a year to fully cover a character too fast? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Are you guys worried that some newcomers will quickly build up high end roster and you will lose your hard earned advantage? Well, no worry, let me reassure you. Most people won't play long enough even to collect their first 4* daily reward.

Again, it's not a year for 1, it's a year for all. And it's not a year. Wirius has everyone beleiving that because he keeps using it to prove weekly isn't too fast when it's not true. A Still Deadpool. What'd ya' expect?! Quest handout wouldn't even be close to the only way to get 4* covers. It would probably be close to the easiest way tho.
    I'll concede your first argument, 1 year to get all 4*s is a problem, and I'm not sure the best way to avoid that. Tokens that produce a random 4*? Again, given their current release schedule, it still might not be a problem, but I'll concede that getting all of them "at once" is the biggest issue with this idea.

The problem with your other argument is that all of these "other ways" to get 4*s aren't really viable for people without rosters that already include max 4*s. To quote you from the other thread.

From easiest to hardest (IMO):
    Daily Resupply - Oh joy, 1 a month, spread out across all the various 4*s (currently 8 including Kingpin). Given their current 4* release schedule, you might literally NEVER get them all.
    Buying Covers - Sure, this is always an option, but I think that, overall, the discussion is about how to do it without spending copious $$.
    PvE Debut Placement - Ok, good, I can consistently get 1 cover from these events, due to 2 covers requiring top 20 or worse, top 10. Great, another 1 power wonder.
    Tokens - Random but legitimate. I've probably gotten 6-7 in the year that I've been playing, most were Invisible Woman.
    Season Placement - Without 270 XForce/4hor and/or a rockin 20 member alliance? Good luck.
    PvP 1000 progression - Without 270 XForce/4hor? Good luck. I've tried NUMEROUS times, I'm something like 0 and 7.
    PvE 1-2 placement - I play every time the timer is up, and I grind like hell right before a sub ends. I regularly place in the 30s, so......no.
    PvP 1 Placement - Without 270 XForce/4hor? Good luck.

So stop telling all of us that there are all these other great ways to earn 4*s. Maybe they work for you, but for those of us without 270 XFor/4hor and/or an uber alliance, those just aren't realistic. Yes, they exist, but they aren't this incredibly easy method that others make them out to be.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    shurak wrote:

Again, it's not a year for 1, it's a year for all. And it's not a year. Wirius has everyone beleiving that because he keeps using it to prove weekly isn't too fast when it's not true. A Still Deadpool. What'd ya' expect?! Quest handout wouldn't even be close to the only way to get 4* covers. It would probably be close to the easiest way tho.
    Again, don't worry too much. Most people never get first place in events and 1000 pvp progression and lucky token is our only way to get 4* covers.
    Your math may be right about covering all 4* too fast if you get all possible prizes (although is a year too fast anyway?). However the point is it applies to only a tiny minority of all the players.
  • @Lerysh
    If your objection is to weekly, do you concede that its a good idea to have 4* Deadpool quests but set at a longer interval?

Also, you keep reiterating that it would give people "ALL" the 4*s which is only partially true. Each new release increases the (hypothetical) rotation. So with every new 4* it takes that much longer for 4*s to rotate through the rewards (and not just for the proposed DWQ) Each new release would start its timer all the way at the beginning and increase the time on the clock for themselves and everyone else. If DWQ started now, it would take 6 months for one of each color cover for each character to roll around. And in that 6 months there is going to be several new 4*s so the new number is probably more like 8-10 months.

This would indeed help get newer players into the older 4*s faster. But there will always be new characters and this would be the most inefficient way to gain them.

You keep saying it is too fast, but don't seem to realize 4*s are quickly limiting themselves and just by more of them existing they SLOW DOWN players chance to get them. Something like a DWQ is not just wishful thinking, the devs surely realize this is a problem and hopefully have some ideas on how to prevent the slowdown that is going to bear down on us like a glacier if nothing is done to prevent it. This might not be the only way to counteract the slothening but it would be a really good place to start.
  • @Lerysh
    If your objection is to weekly, do you concede that its a good idea to have 4* Still Deadpool. What'd ya' expect?! quests but set at a longer interval?

Yes, absolutely, a DQ for a 4* cover would be an awesome thing.
    The problem with your other argument is that all of these "other ways" to get 4*s aren't really viable for people without rosters that already include max 4*s. To quote you from the other thread.

From easiest to hardest (IMO):
    Daily Resupply - Oh joy, 1 a month, spread out across all the various 4*s (currently 8 including MrClean). Given their current 4* release schedule, you might literally NEVER get them all.
    Buying Covers - Sure, this is always an option, but I think that, overall, the discussion is about how to do it without spending copious $$.
    PvE Debut Placement - Ok, good, I can consistently get 1 cover from these events, due to 2 covers requiring top 20 or worse, top 10. Great, another 1 power wonder.
    Tokens - Random but legitimate. I've probably gotten 6-7 in the year that I've been playing, most were InvisibleBags.
    Season Placement - Without 270 NC17-Force/4hor and/or a rockin 20 member alliance? Good luck.
    PvP 1000 progression - Without 270 NC17-Force/4hor? Good luck. I've tried NUMEROUS times, I'm something like 0 and 7.
    PvE 1-2 placement - I play every time the timer is up, and I grind like hell right before a sub ends. I regularly place in the 30s, so......no.
    PvP 1 Placement - Without 270 NC17-Force/4hor? Good luck.

So stop telling all of us that there are all these other great ways to earn 4*s. Maybe they work for you, but for those of us without 270 XFor/4hor and/or an uber alliance, those just aren't realistic. Yes, they exist, but they aren't this incredibly easy method that others make them out to be.

Just because they are hard doesn't mean they don't exist. Your luck with tokens has been bad if that's a years worth, and I'm sorry for that, but doesn't change the fact that random 4*s are out there. There are 3x more 4* covers for each character than 3* covers in the daily progression. It's clear, to me at least, that D3 intends for those to be useful and not just iso fodder. Starting on day 310 you get a free 4* every month. For free. If they were to double this number with a 1st of the month DQ for a 4* that would be awesome.

Season Placement is totally a thing without XF/4Thor. There are, right now, top 100 alliances looking for PvP players who put up 600 points an event, something any 3* roster should be able to do. PvE 1-2 and PvP 1 are very very hard, yes, and probably require 4* covers right now but that is why they are the bottom of the list. You can 13 cover a 4* without ever doing either of those.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In theory from players perspective winning 4* cover a week is great, but from devs perspective is not so great as they need people to buy covers, packs. You cant really expect that few whales finance the game? As Lerysh explained already its way to fast from their perspective. In my opinion better option would be to widen reward structure when they introduce 4*, so its not only t50, but like every other pve. And also to have one pvp/season that would give 4* instead of 3* covers.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    @Lerysh
    If your objection is to weekly, do you concede that its a good idea to have 4* Still Still Deadpool. What'd ya' expect?!. What'd ya' expect?! quests but set at a longer interval?

Yes, absolutely, a DQ for a 4* cover would be an awesome thing.

Awesome, so lets keep pitching the idea and let the devs figure out the idea timeframe they would be comfortable with, because an awesome thing once a week, or once a month are both better choices than no awesome things at all icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'd like it if they had a main reward for the gauntlet. Alpine Tactics, Wilderness Survival, and Global Domination became subs. It could have many progression reward of iso8, tokens, etc or just a single reward for finishing all the missions in all gaunlet subs: A set of all 3 skills for the most recently released 4*.

The last few simulations and essential nodes already have us fight the new 4* and even include some all 4* battles. If you beat every node in gauntlet you are likely in the 3-4* transition. Using whales doesn't bother me because again if you saved up the 2800-3100 or so Deadpool pts every day for month or two, using it a couple times when battling 4*s that are 200 levels above you is fine, you are probably an active enough player to deserve to use a Whalebomb or two in gauntlet.

Another option is to keep the alliance reward cover at top 100. I am in a top 50 sometimes top 25 PvE alliance with multiple teams, and we've had to move all our top players then replace low scores with mercs at the very end just to make top 50. Top end PvP players and alliances hop to PvE just for the new star before their featured PvP then don't play again until the next launch. Scaling doesn't matter when you have a full set of 270s, but my problem is that they lower the number of active players with an essential in the next event creating a huge gap for even established team and player to recover to place well in the next event.

A third option is to add PvE seasons. A player might not make top 150 or top 50 alliance in the 4* event, but they could make up for it with big points in another event. Sure this might be more difficult since events have a big range in top progression rewards, but having the top progression at 100k or 50k then changing the points of nodes seems like a good way to standardize this...after all PvP has the same progression levels for every event.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    Options
    The last few simulations and essential nodes already have us fight the new 4* and even include some all 4* battles. If you beat every node in gauntlet you are likely in the 3-4* transition. Using whales doesn't bother me because again if you saved up the 2800-3100 or so Still Deadpool. What'd ya' expect?! pts every day for month or two, using it a couple times when battling 4*s that are 200 levels above you is fine, you are probably an active enough player to deserve to use a Whalebomb or two in gauntlet.

I basically agree with you, but it is certainly possible to beat the Gauntlet in its entirety with a 2* centered roster (I'm 2-for-3, with the one failure due more to lack of interest than difficulty). Given how scaling works, a strategy relying on HawkStormNeto (even nerfed) and the generally overpowered OBW and Ares offers a viable path to completion.
  • Roswulf wrote:
    The last few simulations and essential nodes already have us fight the new 4* and even include some all 4* battles. If you beat every node in gauntlet you are likely in the 3-4* transition. Using whales doesn't bother me because again if you saved up the 2800-3100 or so Still Still Deadpool. What'd ya' expect?!. What'd ya' expect?! pts every day for month or two, using it a couple times when battling 4*s that are 200 levels above you is fine, you are probably an active enough player to deserve to use a Whalebomb or two in gauntlet.

I basically agree with you, but it is certainly possible to beat the Gauntlet in its entirety with a 2* centered roster (I'm 2-for-3, with the one failure due more to lack of interest than difficulty). Given how scaling works, a strategy relying on HawkStormNeto (even nerf) and the generally overpowered OBW and MarsAttacks offers a viable path to completion.

Fair enough, it's the just the first non-competitive PvE way of doing something really hard for the 4*. The Devs could add a few more nodes for the main sub starting at level 250-300 and make it like Dat Required Character, but required you to use 3 required characters...like loaner nodes without the loaners. That would require more play testing to have full rainbow teams and that those teams could actually beat those nodes, but it would be a decent start for a guaranteed 4*. Again if you can manage to beat those nodes with only 2 characters, you earned the cover. If you beat it with 1 character, they are either way overpowered, or that team is seriously weak.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    elvy75 wrote:
    In theory from players perspective winning 4* cover a week is great, but from devs perspective is not so great as they need people to buy covers, packs. You cant really expect that few whales finance the game? As Lerysh explained already its way to fast from their perspective. In my opinion better option would be to widen reward structure when they introduce 4*, so its not only t50, but like every other pve. And also to have one pvp/season that would give 4* instead of 3* covers.

Ah, in my thread I actually cover this notion. Whales want four stars NOW typically. The DPW wouldn't see signiticant results until over a year down the road. There will still be plenty of people willing to play. Further, imagine if you have more people able to invest in fours. I can see getting close to the end and a lot of people buying those last few covers. Further, when you feel you can eventually get a four with hard work, you're more likely to invest in the slot for the 4*.

Finally, we had a lot of discussion about what the weekly would entail. I agreed that we don't want the DPW to bypass the 3* phase, so we thought to participate in the weekly, you must have the 3*'s from the previous six days. Also, we noted that one way to ensure income was to charge X amount of HP to even unlock the weekly for you to try as many times as you want. 200-300Hp was an estimate, but the devs would know. Thus at the end of four weeks, the devs have made 1000-1500 hp from every DPW participant, which is practically a subscription fee for players.
  • A weekly PvE quest that cost whatever the average cost of a player hitting 1000 in PvP in hero points to enter that could be skipped by players that already had a 13 cover in that 4* wouldn't be the end of the world. Heck, PvP is supposedly handing out 4* covers ever 2.5 days so.. ya know. I'm down with PvE alternatives to earn 4*s, I would just like it to not totally murder the daily progression rewards.

Or how about this: A weekly quest that gives you a 625 imcoin.png discount token on purchasing a cover, so 4 weeks = a 4* or every other week = any 3* cover.
  • I just have to add: Daily progression is not a solution for progressing to 4-stars. That day 310 mark where you start getting a 4* a month is always going to be almost a year into the game, and it's always going to be 2 years into you playtime before you get Starlord. Players starting today or next week will be getting questionable value from those distant, misty 4* covers; especially around day 300 when they're getting Invisible Woman. Daily rewards, as far as I can tell, are just a way for the company to reward the vets who've been playing since the beginning. And a way to get X-Force if you last five months.

Also, in the days of free alliance slots, alliance rewards are a particularly stingy way to increase cover penetration. A PvE alternative for people who aren't in a top 100 alliance is a must for legitimate progression--there are a lot of us.