*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I wouldn't exactly call Spidey OP like Rags was, as Rags on his own could take down an entire enemy team in next to no time. Spidey has no real damage output at all, and while he can stun people, it's nowhere near as OP as Rags used to be. Also, even though you can stun the opposition team, you're still reliant on Blue matches to keep it going. That doesn't always happen, meaning the stuns run out and Spidey's lack of offense starts to show through.

I imagine they'll nerf his stun and bring it back to 5AP at level 5, and maybe reduce the amount of healing he does per web tile. If they do that, he'll still be a very useful character IMO.

This is the most likely course of action.
  • if they got spiderman too. that's really annoying. nerf him to 5 ap blue? remind u that venom only 3 ap and he can stun all enemy team. should he get nerfed too?
    any battle with spidey is a long battle. don't even need to nerf him. the AI using spidey even stupid. they won't stun each of our character in 1 turn. not such a problem. spidey is not scary. he's needed for impossible mission PvE.
  • if they got spiderman too. that's really annoying. nerf him to 5 ap blue? remind u that venom only 3 ap and he can stun all enemy team. should he get nerfed too?
    any battle with spidey is a long battle. don't even need to nerf him. the AI using spidey even stupid. they won't stun each of our character in 1 turn. not such a problem. spidey is not scary. he's needed for impossible mission PvE.

What do you "if they got spiderman too"? Spider-Man is already confirmed to be getting changes in the future. I can't think what else they'd do except to increase AP needed for his stun, or nerfing his healing.

The game seems very much to be moving towards a case whereby you can't escape getting damage in your fights, so you have to either play slower, or use more health packs. With that in mind I definitely see Spidey gettting a nerf to his stun (so he can't stun-lock the opposition) and to his healing (so you can't leave the match fully healed). I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    if they got spiderman too. that's really annoying. nerf him to 5 ap blue? remind u that venom only 3 ap and he can stun all enemy team. should he get nerfed too?

What do you "if they got spiderman too"? Spider-Man is already confirmed to be getting changes in the future. I can't think what else they'd do except to increase AP needed for his stun, or nerfing his healing.

The game seems very much to be moving towards a case whereby you can't escape getting damage in your fights, so you have to either play slower, or use more health packs. With that in mind I definitely see Spidey gettting a nerf to his stun (so he can't stun-lock the opposition) and to his healing (so you can't leave the match fully healed). I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.
    sorry, i mean"if they got spiderman nerfed too"/ that'll be sucks icon_cry.gif . my first lv100 hero just got him for 2 weeks. sure thor wolvie can end the battle sooner. but spidey is guaranteed to win undamaged icon_lol.gif though so sloooow.
    is spiderman already changed months ago? if they nerfed his healing point, no problem. at least 3 ap is acceptable. or change it like venom stun. stun all team for 4-5 ap icon_lol.gif venom only need 3 ap icon_e_geek.gif
  • sorry, i mean"if they got spiderman nerfed too"/ that'll be sucks icon_cry.gif . my first lv100 hero just got him for 2 weeks. sure thor wolvie can end the battle sooner. but spidey is guaranteed to win undamaged icon_lol.gif though so sloooow.
    is spiderman already changed months ago? if they nerfed his healing point, no problem. at least 3 ap is acceptable. or change it like venom stun. stun all team for 4-5 ap icon_lol.gif venom only need 3 ap icon_e_geek.gif

Venom needs 4AP at level 4 to stun an opponent, not 3AP icon_e_smile.gif Also, it seems like the devs are aiming for 5AP to be the minimum required for powers to be activated (judging from recent characters and changes), so that's my basis for thinking Spidey will need 5AP to stun someone.
  • Spidey being overpowered is laughable. Thor and Wolverine aren't that bad IMO. Nerfing characters does nothing but move them down the list. I'm an advocate for buffing lesser characters to increase the pool of playable characters. The only reason Thorverine is so effective is because the tandem allows you to run through battles quickly; and it's apparent that the devs are slowing the game down. Then again; Original Storm and Original Black Widow on the forest level is awesome, Marvel Now Magneto, Classic Storm, and IM40 is a damaging team, Hulk and Ares together is nasty. There is viability. Much to explore. Sick of all the nerfing talk. ADAPT!!!
  • Kiamodo
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Spidey being overpowered is laughable. Thor and Wolverine aren't that bad IMO. Nerfing characters does nothing but move them down the list. I'm an advocate for buffing lesser characters to increase the pool of playable characters. The only reason Thorverine is so effective is because the tandem allows you to run through battles quickly; and it's apparent that the devs are slowing the game down. Then again; Original Storm and Original Black Widow on the forest level is awesome, Marvel Now Magneto, Classic Storm, and IM40 is a damaging team, Hulk and Ares together is nasty. There is viability. Much to explore. Sick of all the nerfing talk. ADAPT!!!

This ship has sailed. I understand the devs stance of balancing now. Spidey is too good at completely imobalizing the other team on offense. I never leveled mine up but his utity even at low levels is next to none. I agree Pve will be much harder for some from now on. But yes they are just making each fight more difficult to win unsalable so you have to expand your rosters, buy health packs, or play less often. It's up to players if the rewards are worth it to them.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Kiamodo wrote:
    This ship has sailed.

And with it lots of good, knowledgeable players/forum members.

Hopefully the move is to up him to require 3AP at lvl 5 and/or drop the frequency/strength of protect tiles. Anything more than that castrates him worse than Rag as he doesnt even have any attack strength.
  • The reason Spidey is broken is because he circumvents the health pack system. He isn't particularly the best character in the game unless you value health packs.

I'd say Wolvie is less balanced because he circumvents health packs and still does a ton of damage, for a 2-star.
  • Kiamodo
    The reason Spidey is broken is because he circumvents the health pack system. He isn't particularly the best character in the game unless you value health packs.

Which should be everyone. The more you can play the more ISO you get. The more you can level up characters even ones you won't use. Lots of high level players have a maxed Ares already for the tourney. It forces people to go all in and maintain that constant playing that is required for getting rewards. Same way shields are now required if you want to reach high levels and stay there. I completely agree with you. Rags was nerfed on one ability, spidey may be nerfed on his bandages and webs. I have a feeling that we will have dumping spidey for punisher and patch wolvie. Strike tiles may be the next best thing to imobalization. By the way Ares is a pretty great character and should easily replace whatever happens to Thor.
  • Aside from an obvious financial motive to sell health packs, there's also the fact that if people never need to use health packs then the game just becomes an issue of who can play more. In the Smash Hit tournament, you can play terribly and still end up the fight with 100% of your health as long as nobody is actually downed and you have Spiderman. Granted that tournament is likely to be turtleish due to the featured character, but in general it's just not that hard to end up with 100% of your health.

Wolverine isn't going to end every fight with 100% health if he's on the receiving end of even a Myolinar at some point. You at least occasionally end a fight with him having 60% health and then you'd have to make a decision on whether you think you can regen enough in the next fight, or just go beat up on some level 3 hammer guys for 2 minutes. Granted, he's still pretty broken, which is why he'll likely be nerfed.
  • Looks like there's a bunch of you folks have spiderman on their team...its pretty clear as to 'why' many of you have a defensive stance against nerfing spiderman. Some makes valid point, while most reason make no sense at all in terms of arguing about balance. But its understandable, you dont want it nerfed as much as i dont want my rag nerfed last week.

I got a full 4/4/3 non-lvled spiderman waiting on my roster, but im a little hesistant on lvling him considering he is already on the 'nerf' list by publisher. TIll then, to those that doesnt have a high lvled spideman, its an extreme dissadvantage competing againt them. Most people that doesnt have spiderman have to wait several hours to fully regenerate and give a another go @ fighting. Looking at most of the people @ top 5 spots, i can pretty much gurantee not one of them doesnt include spiderman in their roster. Like rag before , its becomming a 'must have' toon rather than a toon you can pick and choose to diversifty your roster.
  • Nerfing Spider-Man was inevitable, once you dethrone the current "king of the hill", a new one steps up. Though I do agree Spidey isn't the same kind of OP that Rags was. I feel the faster fix instead of nerfs would be to increase the rarity of characters to match their strength. For example, Thor really should be a 3*. Unfortunately, this would have worked way better if this were done early one when everyone and their mother didn't already have an 85 Thor. If I had my way, I would have increased Rags red to 4 AP, given him a 3rd skill and promoted him to 4* (not the **** 4* we have now, but a legimately powerful 4*).
  • Common wrote:
    Looks like there's a bunch of you folks have spiderman on their team...its pretty clear how many have a defensive stance against nerfing spiderman. Some makes valid point, while most reason make no sense at all in terms of arguing about balance. But its understandable, you dont want it nerfed as much as i dont want my rag nerfed last week.

I got a full 4/3/5 non-lvled spiderman waiting on my roster, but im a little hesistant on lvling him considering he is already on the 'nerf' list by publisher. TIll then, to those that doesnt have a high lvled spideman, its an extreme dissadvantage competing againt them. Most people that doesnt have spiderman have to wait several hours to fully regenerate and give a another go @ fighting. Looking at most of the people @ top 5 spots, i can pretty much gurantee not one of them doesnt include spiderman in their roster. Like rag before , its becomming a 'must have' toon rather than a toon you can pick and choose to diversifty your roster.

My spidey is 3/2/5, lvl 35, and I'm not touching him with a ten-foot pole before the nerfs go live, so I don't have a horse in this race.
    I don't think spiderman is anywhere close to a 'must have' toon. If you have a 70+ OBW you won't need a health pack for the rest of your life... just go in a easy prologue mission and heal to full. And actually she is so much better offensively than spidey.
    Also they are releasing a new toon that can heal 300+ per turn, I don't buy this whole "sell health pack" conspiration for a second.
    Spidey's stun is clearly OP... it suffers from the same flaws of Rag's old thunderclap and Thorwolvie: it makes the opponents insignificant, since you can burst them to ashes in 1-5 turns (with old Rag or Thorwolvie), or stun them forever (with Spidey).
    I was as butthurt as anybody when I read about the nerfs, but now I think I see where they are going with it. I don't think they want to sell us health packs, I think they want to make matches significant and strategic.
    I bet they won't touch his healing, since a nerf to blue (and thus to web generation) will be an indirect nerf to healing anyway.
  • Just to be clear, i dont want Spiderman to be nerfed to hell like they did with ragnorak.

As long there is some resemblence of a 'balance' vs to those that doesnt have spiderman.

As for rag, i hope they fix him to lower the ap just a bit lower. He became a neccessity to complete garbage-toon thats unusable. 6AP for thunderclap is more useless than one star-iron man beam.
  • Common wrote:
    Looks like there's a bunch of you folks have spiderman on their team...its pretty clear how many have a defensive stance against nerfing spiderman. Some makes valid point, while most reason make no sense at all in terms of arguing about balance. But its understandable, you dont want it nerfed as much as i dont want my rag nerfed last week.

I got a full 4/3/5 non-lvled spiderman waiting on my roster, but im a little hesistant on lvling him considering he is already on the 'nerf' list by publisher. TIll then, to those that doesnt have a high lvled spideman, its an extreme dissadvantage competing againt them. Most people that doesnt have spiderman have to wait several hours to fully regenerate and give a another go @ fighting. Looking at most of the people @ top 5 spots, i can pretty much gurantee not one of them doesnt include spiderman in their roster. Like rag before , its becomming a 'must have' toon rather than a toon you can pick and choose to diversifty your roster.

My spidey is 3/2/5, lvl 35, and I'm not touching him with a ten-foot pole before the nerfs go live, so I don't have a horse in this race.
    I don't think spiderman is anywhere close to a 'must have' toon. If you have a 70+ OBW you won't need a health pack for the rest of your life... just go in a easy prologue mission and heal to full. And actually she is so much better offensively than spidey.
    Also they are releasing a new toon that can heal 300+ per turn, I don't buy this whole "sell health pack" conspiration for a second.
    Spidey's stun is clearly OP... it suffers from the same flaws of Rag's old thunderclap and Thorwolvie: it makes the opponents insignificant, since you can burst them to ashes in 1-5 turns (with old Rag or Thorwolvie), or stun them forever (with Spidey).
    I was as butthurt as anybody when I read about the nerfs, but now I think I see where they are going with it. I don't think they want to sell us health packs, I think they want to make matches significant and strategic.
    I bet they won't touch his healing, since a nerf to blue (and thus to web generation) will be an indirect nerf to healing anyway.

Very valid and logical points my friend...but i have to disagree w/ you with the 'health pack' debate. That a huge margin of profit for this game and whatever character that keep players from avoiding it (ragnorak/spiderman) are seen as major red flag for publisher b/c thats money in their pocket for them.

As much as i enjoy this game(so far) its slowly getting to a point where you see this game is heading toward in the future. More grind, more $ to spend to compete. Same cycle other synical games been doing to churn profit.
  • Common wrote:
    Just to be clear, i dont want Spiderman to be nerfed to hell like they did with ragnorak.

As long there is some resemblence of a 'balance' vs to those that doesnt have spiderman.

As for rag, i hope they fix him to lower the ap just a bit lower. He became a neccessity to complete garbage-toon thats unusable. 6AP for thunderclap is more useless than one star-iron man beam.

I think current thunderclap is not that bad, if you somehow manage to forget how it was before. icon_lol.gif
    The problem with Rag is that he is a one trick pony, and that trick now is not good enough to singlehandedly win him a spot on your team.
    His green is horrible and he lacks a third ability. If he had 2 decent abilities to complement Thunderclap he'd still be a top dog, IMHO.
    Storm's yellow was nerfed to the ground, but she still is a good char, because she had 2 other fine abilities to play with.
  • As long as they don't make spidey obsolete like they did rags (outside of LR, he's still an awesome LR tank) then I'll be fine with whatever.

My biggest complaint is that IM40 and his horribly broken yellow aren't on that list.
  • The reason Spidey is broken is because he circumvents the health pack system. He isn't particularly the best character in the game unless you value health packs.

I'd say Wolvie is less balanced because he circumvents health packs and still does a ton of damage, for a 2-star.

Honestly, by the time you have played enough to acquire a maxed Spiderman, you should have half a dozen characters that you can sub in and out and play (and win with) for hours at a time.

I can't remember the last time I had to stop playing because I ran out of health packs. Usually it's because of other real life commitments or I get bored of playing.
  • I just sold my Spider-Man.