**** Elektra (Unkillable) **** [PRE 2015-04]

14567810»

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    They should have swapped her abilities with Gorgon's. She would be more playable if she had his abilities.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her red really needs to be an attack tile and not a trap - you primarily want to use her vs. Blade or Daken and they end up destroying your trap for free. Her purple is fine but I wouldn't mind if it cost 6 and didn't enhance the stolen tiles as much and I think her black is pretty good.

Part of her problem is that she's a 4* and incredibly expensive to level. She could have been a decent 3* and a really good 2*.

She pairs well with Patch and her black does serious damage after stealing tiles, I intend to go 5/5/3 but I doubt I will ever have enough surplus ISO to level her. Patch Elektra Hulk is a pretty good PvE team, if you can steal 2 or 3 of Patch's enemy tiles it still leaves enough +dmg for Anger to go off which ends up doing ridiculous damage.
  • the stupidest thing is that Double Double cross is dependent upon strike tiles.......and her red power turns a red tile to a trap. Daken and Blade both turn red tiles into strike tiles and i am bloody fed up of finally using my red power only for it to be disabled by Daken matching Green or blade using the thirst.

i love Elektra. She's a great character but there's no way her powers make her 4* level IMO.
  • Her red should be like Iron Fist passive, just hidden
    and her pink should steal any tipe of enemy friendly tiles, not just attack ones and maybe have a different action if there's no tiles, like stealing ap

it's pretty useless like it is now, any red skill is better than that, she's a 4* that seems a **** 3*
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektra seems like a last minute bump up 4* (in the same way that Iron Fist seems like a last second cut down 3*).

I like the idea of her red, in that it gives you a way to triple dip on strike tiles (the trap, plus any matches, plus any attack tiles you mike have). But making it red was terrible, since it's a trap and red traps are problematic against several opponents.

And her purple power is still too limited. It either needs to affect more types of tiles, or generate friendly tiles on its own, or get some other tweak that will make it useful on first casting even if there are no enemy strike tiles on the board.

As is, she is ok, but nothing great and expensive to level AND very hard to get in the first place. not a good combination if she is supposed to be desired.
  • More like Elektra (Unusable) amiriteguize
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    More like Elektra (Unusable) amiriteguize
    I'm sticking with "Unlikable"
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are there 2 5/5/3 in the poll?
  • simonsez
    kensterr wrote:
    Because anything and everything will overwrite her trap tile, which is pretty underpowered to begin with, red 3 is the only answer that makes sense. All 6 answers should have been 5/5/3. The OP messed up.
  • simonsez wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Because anything and everything will overwrite her trap tile, which is pretty underpowered to begin with, red 3 is the only answer that makes sense. All 6 answers should have been 5/5/3. The OP messed up.
    The problem with 5/5/3 is that her black doesn't really get that much better from 3 -> 5 and her red, while sketchy, is still her only means of doing any direct damage. The issue with trap tiles being overwritten by randomly placed strikes and countdowns really should be addressed though. It's dumb, and it makes the catch-22 factor for this character very high. You'd like to want to use her as a counter to strike tile generators, but realistically that means Daken most of the time and against him her red is a titanic gamble.

And what else are you going to do with her? Counter strike tile characters in occasional Sim or Gauntlet events? Maybe. And sure, there's the gimmick Patch tag-team, make enemy strike tiles then flip them. That's kind of fringe usage for a 4* though. Her black is too expensive to reliably use to avoid really big hits, like from overscaled enemies. Think you can get 10 black before Ares gets 5? Probably not, and you'd have to get her in front at the right time to boot. The damage it does is negligible, so that's a non-factor.

If her red was more of a reliable threat and/or her purple did something in and of itself she'd have something dangerous about her that wasn't reliant on enemy strike tiles, which would go a long way to making her...mediocre? I don't know. She needs help. A lot of it. As a 3* she'd be extremely marginal. As a 4* she's a rare and expensive to upgrade trophy bench-warmer.
  • simonsez
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    [her black doesn't really get that much better from 3 -> 5
    2200 extra damage and one extra turn of damage avoidance isn't bad. But yeah, if her red was tweaked, she could easily be made usable.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    [her black doesn't really get that much better from 3 -> 5
    2200 extra damage and one extra turn of damage avoidance isn't bad. But yeah, if her red was tweaked, she could easily be made usable.
    You also have to weigh into your evaluation that those effects are conditional. If any of the traps, which are randomly placed, get matched on your turn that potential damage goes poof. The flip side is you burn a trap when she's out front, whether it would have been 10 damage or 10k. All told it makes it really unlikely you're actually going to get those four damage pops and avoid four chunks of meaningful damage, making the overall value of those two extra covers less.
  • dkffiv
    I ran some gimmick Patch + Elektra combos when I was doing Gauntlet and my main guys were dead or locked out. Stealing strike tiles (esp. Patch's) + black does a devastating amount of damage, especially when the enemy cascades and fires 3 off at once . Black also generates AP when it goes off so if you manage to get all 4 to go off with 5 covers, you only need 6 more AP to cast it again.

If they changed it so that enemy special tiles can't overwrite traps (I wouldn't care if Daken can see that the 1 tile that isn't changing = DD's ambush) I might value her red more highly. Drop purple to 6 and black to 9 and she's a hell of a lot faster too. Would make purple usable after 4 match-3s instead of 5 if they have no strike tile generators.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    I ran some gimmick Patch + Elektra combos when I was doing Gauntlet and my main guys were dead or locked out. Stealing strike tiles (esp. Patch's) + black does a devastating amount of damage, especially when the enemy cascades and fires 3 off at once . Black also generates AP when it goes off so if you manage to get all 4 to go off with 5 covers, you only need 6 more AP to cast it again.

If they changed it so that enemy special tiles can't overwrite traps (I wouldn't care if Daken can see that the 1 tile that isn't changing = DD's ambush) I might value her red more highly. Drop purple to 6 and black to 9 and she's a hell of a lot faster too. Would make purple usable after 4 match-3s instead of 5 if they have no strike tile generators.

Yeah, I have been goofing around with my Elektra too, and black is much better than it reads, although I think it needs to do a tad more damage, but when you can block an 8K sniper rifle (goon) and keep going you got thumbs up from me.

Here's my take so far

Purple--agreed, needs to be cheaper or needs to do more for current cost

Black--just needs more damage, cost and ability is actually about right

Red--needs waaaaaay, more for what it is right now. Either you need to have it create 2-3 tiles for that dmg, or about double or triple it's damage but this is a bad skill the more I use it.
  • dkffiv
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Here's my take so far

Purple--agreed, needs to be cheaper or needs to do more for current cost

Black--just needs more damage, cost and ability is actually about right

Red--needs waaaaaay, more for what it is right now. Either you need to have it create 2-3 tiles for that dmg, or about double or triple it's damage but this is a bad skill the more I use it.

I think if black + purple were cheaper that might be enough. What if black did double damage (double damage after strike tiles would be REALLY nice) if the hit she blocked would've done (10% of her max life or 25% of her current life, not sure which of those would be a better threshold)?