I feel like 1000 points with 3* roster is possible

Options
2»

Comments

• I've had to essentially give up on spending HP to get the 1k progression reward for another 34 days until I have Xforce.

You simply can't compete speed wise without an Xforce.
  • Yeah I managed to get the 1k cover with my 166 team last event, sans xforce. Either side of that though I have got nowhere near. I mean today I have lost 120 points in two hours, from teams with xforce destroying me. I skip past them and what am I offered? More xforce teams. There will always be top tier characters, and that's fine, I have just given up trying to compete.

So I am just going to wait until the next event he is removed. Seems an odd way to play the game but waaaaay less frustrating than losing as many points as you gain trying to shield hop.

It is a bit of a shame though. That last event was really good fun. Saw so many different team make-ups. Loki, Mags, BP, DP, Doom. Even Spidey was in there a few times icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    It is totally possible. I am normally a 800ish scorer, but I got the dos and don'ts of hopping from my alliance, as I knew buying my way to X-F/Thor would take forever.

Patch event - Broke 1k using Patch/Laken/Hood. Cost 225HP in shields, but I screwed it up at the end and got knocked back down after getting Thor.

Gamora event - Dumped a ton of ISO into her to make her viable, and paired her with Laken and Hood again. No boosts til 850. Used up my 3 in all boots to get the rest of the way. 300 HP spent.

I most likely will save resources until the next time those two come up, and hitting 1K every time, would be difficult.

Yasuru of Thunderkittens
  • Yasuru wrote:
    It is totally possible. I am normally a 800ish scorer, but I got the dos and don'ts of hopping from my alliance, as I knew buying my way to X-F/Thor would take forever.

Patch event - Broke 1k using Patch/Laken/Hood. Cost 225HP in shields, but I screwed it up at the end and got knocked back down after getting Thor.

Gamora event - Dumped a ton of ISO into her to make her viable, and paired her with Laken and Hood again. No boosts til 850. Used up my 3 in all boots to get the rest of the way. 300 HP spent.

I most likely will save resources until the next time those two come up, and hitting 1K every time, would be difficult.

Yasuru of Thunderkittens

So what are these do's and don'ts, that you speak of?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yasuru wrote:

Yasuru of Thunderkittens

Yep, if you can score 800 normally, you should be able to hit 1k without spending too much if you plan it out. Congrats on getting xthor! And definitely it's a good idea to choose your goals and conserve hp/boosts for them.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm getting some mixed signals here from the crowd, yet I do have the suspicion that I am an outlier in that I have a useable X-Force (4/5/4, 250) and I was happier that he was excluded. As plenty have already said, it was really refreshing to see different lineups in the mix, even if a high controlling percentage were 4or + someone. Variety is good! More Wolverine events, please!
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    I'm getting some mixed signals here from the crowd, yet I do have the suspicion that I am an outlier in that I have a useable X-Force (4/5/4, 250) and I was happier that he was excluded. As plenty have already said, it was really refreshing to see different lineups in the mix, even if a high controlling percentage were 4or + someone. Variety is good! More Wolverine events, please!

Patch is always fun to play no matter the event. icon_e_smile.gif
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:

I cannot say I have fallen for Patch... his red is just **** unless he's the top level character in your roster tanking more than 2 colors. His green is sort of fun, but requires a bit of luck or support of characters that enable quick elimination of pink strike tiles the other team gets. Yellow is passive, strong healing - yes, but passive; and unless you have in your team other members with true healing generally team equipped by patch suffers from health packs limit... and that also applies for patch hulk combo (such combo makes patch red even less attractive)
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

I cannot say I have fallen for Patch... his red is just **** unless he's the top level character in your roster tanking more than 2 colors. His green is sort of fun, but requires a bit of luck or support of characters that enable quick elimination of pink strike tiles the other team gets. Yellow is passive, strong healing - yes, but passive; and unless you have in your team other members with true healing generally team equipped by patch suffers from health packs limit... and that also applies for patch hulk combo (such combo makes patch red even less attractive)

Patch should always be 535. You want him for his insane strike tiles and endless healing. Run him with any character with cheap damaging moves or aoe to take advantage of his strike tiles and nobody ever needs to get hurt.

During cage match I used patch, daken and an underlevelled HT for the first 700 points until a bad cascade ended Torch's reign of fiery terror, zero health packs used. Then I switched around a few different characters for fun - BP, Blade, Lazy Cap, LThor, and for the final hops I used Deadpool and Hood to put a quick, messy end to Thorina with only iso boosts.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Run him with any character with cheap damaging moves or aoe to take advantage of his strike tiles and nobody ever needs to get hurt.

During cage match I used patch, daken and an underlevelled HT for the first 700 points until a bad cascade ended Torch's reign of fiery terror, zero health packs used. Then I switched around a few different characters for fun - BP, Blade, Lazy Cap, LThor, and for the final hops I used Deadpool and Hood to put a quick, messy end to Thorina with only iso boosts.

so what's the strategy then? Pile up green AP and AP needed for those cheap damaging or aoe moves, then go berserker and finish enemies of within the single turn given?
  • ^^^

Absolutely, I have never had as much fun as when they run children of the atom running Boosted patch, Boosted psylocke and regular old hood. Let patch tank/heal as much as possible and save up some ap and then burst anyone into the ground, highly satisfying.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    Run him with any character with cheap damaging moves or aoe to take advantage of his strike tiles and nobody ever needs to get hurt.

so what's the strategy then? Pile up green AP and AP needed for those cheap damaging or aoe moves, then go berserker and finish enemies of within the single turn given?

Exactly. Firing berserker off without a finish plan is just asking for a cascade to kill off your entire team. Patch is funny like that. icon_e_smile.gif

I also fire berserker early if there are a few purple matches available that I can match away, or if I see a way to cause a multiple cascade or match 5 for even more no-risk fun.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Exactly. Firing berserker off without a finish plan is just asking for a cascade to kill off your entire team. Patch is funny like that. icon_e_smile.gif

I also fire berserker early if there are a few purple matches available that I can match away, or if I see a way to cause a multiple cascade or match 5 for even more no-risk fun.
    I like running Patch along with R&G... Fire off rage at any time, and just let the enemy whittle down Groot. Then hit a yellow and laugh. There's nothing like picking up 9,000 hit points with a single match.
  • I think there's needs to be a limit of how many points you can lose in a 1 hour period.
    Because winning a patch for 23 points and coming back to see you lost 36 the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

That's pretty dumb, but the dumbest thing I've ever seen is making people pay money to not play your game for 8 hours at a time.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

BP yellow , beserker strike (2X is optimal), rage of the panther, and TBTI if you got it. Take out any 3 in the game after you whittle it down a little. Everyone should be around 10K HP of less before you start.

Climb with patch and daken (especially LR), my favorite is in spidey LR, with a couple purple matches I can buzz straight to 200 without using a health pack