Final DDQ mission - Green Storm

Options
2»

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    You should take your time to get rid of any Threaten tiles after the Muscle is taken care of. In wave 3 make sure you let the Konran empty their red AP supply with Meteor Hammer before you get rid of him so you don't have to worry about Deadpool or Gorgon starting with red AP.

This is a good tip. I usually just kill them whenever I can, but I always forge that their skills use AP lol...

The other tip on here, to boost matches if you need to, is a good one. This is likely the easiest way for some individuals here to get 3* covers, so using 200 ISO to boost is completely worth it. I've been known to Whales Whales Whales the Gauntlet for certain covers too. IMO, totally worth it (especially this last gauntlet for that DP purpleflag.png , my fourth).
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    Today I took Black Panther, 2* Wolvie, and OBW into the fray. During waves one and 3 I spammed the board with Wovlie's Green and then used BP's Yellow. Match + Espionage with OBW dealing about 3k feels pretty good XD
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I destroyed that final DDQ mission with lvl 104 Hulk, lvl 94 MNMags, and lvl 94 C.Storm. I had 30 AP in everything but purple for wave 3 and wave 4 with all the cascading I did. Helped keep the attack/strike tiles off the board too.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took me awhile today to find the right combination, but I used **Thor, OBW, and Blade. My blade isn't fully covered, so I boosted to help out.

Spent the first wave building up AP and strike tiles thanks to Blade. Eventually I had 3 green nightstalker tiles going, along with a handful of strike tiles. So when the non-goon waves came, there was no AP to be had. icon_lol.gif Finally at the last wave, I had nearly 30 red, yellow, and green AP. Thor went to town and killed everyone quick.
  • I completed the waves using OBW, LCap, and Ares. It was my first time using LCap after getting him to a decent level. It was fun and also challenging to use him since my M.O. is to kill as quickly as i can. I soon realized that after doing this, I was not paying attention to enemies AP totals and when it got to the final wave I was crushed. LCap forced me to look at the board and enemy AP to plan things out. It was a long game to tell you the truth but I was able to find a new niche for LCap for my PVE and PVP. I quite enjoyed the strategic element he brought.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies.
    Finally did it.
    Used OBW, Falcon and Rogers.
    Flooded the field with protects and got the red/blue cap cycle started early using boosts.
    At the end, which took quite some time, they had hardly taken any damage.
    2500 ISO to the better !
  • gmp72 wrote:
    Thank you for all the replies.
    Finally did it.
    Used OBW, Falcon and Rogers.
    Flooded the field with protects and got the red/blue cap cycle started early using boosts.
    At the end, which took quite some time, they had hardly taken any damage.
    2500 ISO to the better !

I too have noticed that using this type of combo does make the game take a lot longer, but makes for less damage taken and less punching my monitor. I was so used to wiping out nodes with OBW, Magnteo, Storm against goons,etc. I just cannot do that on waves.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When I tried my first team of star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png , star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png , and star.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png , Thor barely made it to wave 4 and was taken out almost immediately.
    However, my team of star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png and star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png led by star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png was more useful. An earlier poster stated that you'll want to reserve some of your AP as much as possible for the bigger fights, which between Mags' purpleflag.png & IM40's yellowflag.png was pretty easy to do, especially when bolstered by Storm's greenflag.png . Reserve your redflag.png for Mags and your blueflag.png for Ororo, using Tony as mostly a tank. I was still a bit beaten by wave 4, so I saved all my Team-UP AP for that battle for a mega Whales! Whales! Whales!. I know it's kinda "cheating", but it does pay off to ask for these things from your Alliance.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pulled it off on my 4th or 5th try, eventually succeeding with either MNMags/CStorm/Hawkeye or OBW/2* Thor/2* Daken ( can't recall which).
  • Patch/torch/spidey. True heal and team heal, strike tiles with patch, ez dmg with torch red, attack tiles with torch black, protect tiles with spidey purple, and stun with spidey blue. You can beat it even if they not max cover/lvl