The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• 1-200 - various amounts of Ares, although 1-2 gets nice 500 HP.
    Bracket limit is 1000.
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    How did you get past Alaska: The New Guy? My IW (30)/Hulk (50)/*** Magneto (77) got absolutely hammered. My IW/Thor (85)/Spider Man (74) didn't fare much better. I feel like it would've been better not having IW so that I couldn't see how bad my team is, heh.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    GEFPenst wrote:
    1-200 - various amounts of Ares, although 1-2 gets nice 500 HP.
    Bracket limit is 1000.

Hmm... I guess I'll join late, but before the end of the first bracket then.
  • God dammit, i'm 300# place, and did absolutely everything is possible with my roster. I'm pretty sure i don't have any chance of getting the punisher. I'm really stupid for playing so much during the events that awarded what... a worthless two star magneto... now i don't have any rubberband (if i understand it corectly). I even started to play as soon as the event went live, so i'm probably in a competitive brachet.

Hope the guys that need Punisher won't do the same mistakes i did, from now on ill start tanking and focus only on PvE campaigns like this and the hulk.
  • just completed the 240 venom ragman and aries level. i boosted +3 to all +3 yellow/red +3 blue purple. used 85 thor, 75 hulk, and 110 spidey.

the match took about 10 minutes. i kept the whole team stun locked w spideys blue. i only lost spidey when venom devoured him with several web tiles on the board. i targeted them in this order: ares, venom, ragman.

marc
  • Does anyone remember - was The Hunt was on 8 or 12 hr. refreshes last time?
  • God dammit, i'm 300# place, and did absolutely everything is possible with my roster. I'm pretty sure i don't have any chance of getting the punisher. I'm really stupid for playing so much during the events that awarded what... a worthless two star magneto... now i don't have any rubberband (if i understand it corectly). I even started to play as soon as the event went live, so i'm probably in a competitive brachet.

Hope the guys that need Punisher won't do the same mistakes i did, from now on ill start tanking and focus only on PvE campaigns like this and the hulk.

What? Tanking is PVP, it has nothing to do with PVE. Rubberbanding has nothing to do with tanking. Magneto was in a PVP tournament. Calm down.
  • Personally I'm going to wait for maximum rubber banding and aim for that sweet 500hp prize.
  • Yeah i got in early with some powerhouse players, top 2 seems super far away hehe.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Yeah i got in early with some powerhouse players, top 2 seems super far away hehe.

Watching me farm points 1 at a time? icon_lol.gif At least this bracket will be further ahead in overall if I can keep this up!
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:
    Yeah i got in early with some powerhouse players, top 2 seems super far away hehe.

Watching me farm points 1 at a time? icon_lol.gif At least this bracket will be further ahead in overall if I can keep this up!

LOL Bucky icon_e_wink.gif Keep on keeping on
  • jozier wrote:
    God dammit, i'm 300# place, and did absolutely everything is possible with my roster. I'm pretty sure i don't have any chance of getting the punisher. I'm really stupid for playing so much during the events that awarded what... a worthless two star magneto... now i don't have any rubberband (if i understand it corectly). I even started to play as soon as the event went live, so i'm probably in a competitive brachet.

What? Tanking is PVP, it has nothing to do with PVE. Rubberbanding has nothing to do with tanking. Magneto was in a PVP tournament. Calm down.

You are right, i'm sorry for being so angry icon_redface.gif

But what i mean is that i won't grind pvp anymore, expecially since most of the good covers are unreachable (for example spiderman) , and the ones that i can reach are useless like daken/2S Magneto. So instead i will just tank most of the times on PvP (to lower my rating, and when there is a good reward for me, like the hulk pvp event running now i could have a chance to get the reward), and focus mostly on PvE.
  • I am Zero wrote:
    How did you get past Alaska: The New Guy? My IW (30)/Hulk (50)/*** Magneto (77) got absolutely hammered. My IW/Thor (85)/Spider Man (74) didn't fare much better. I feel like it would've been better not having IW so that I couldn't see how bad my team is, heh.
    Hulk (48 at the time)/IW (30, just green)/Spidey (100). Spidey with maxed blue put the entire team into stunlock while Hulk pops red and green powers.

Same basic strategy for the 240 one, only with a level 85 Wolverine replacing IW. That one was tougher and I would have list had Ares hit anyone but Hulk with his Sunder.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Bucky76 wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:

LOL Bucky icon_e_wink.gif Keep on keeping on

I'm the #2 in the bracket and I'm far from a powerhouse. lol Bucky has such an insane lead on me and I won't have the time to do the grind for another few hours.

I'm going to try and catch you though! Hopefully I get some kind of 1 or 2 point rubberband to make up what's a 130 pt lead right now. icon_e_smile.gif

EDIT: Erm...I assumed you meant the main bracket. If that's not what you meant, disregard my post. lol
  • Yay...finally get to use 4* IW....word.

Ledge35
  • Man that last mission is...difficult.
  • jozier wrote:
    Man that last mission is...difficult.
    Yeah. Apparently Ragnarok wasn't actually nerfed. He just gave all of his power to Ares.
  • PhantomFO wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Yeah. Apparently Ragnarok wasn't actually nerfed. He just gave all of his power to Ares.

Word. Ares powers are intense. Especially on defense.
  • jozier wrote:
    PhantomFO wrote:
    jozier wrote:

You shouldn't forget he maxes out at L85 and not L240... So his abilities may still be good, but far not that powerful than they are for the enemy in that mission
  • jozier wrote:
    PhantomFO wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Max lvl Spidey/Hulk/Punisher and I leave full health every time.