**** Lock and Load - Recruiting NOW ****

Comments

• d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Malorick wrote:
    Edit: Thanks the score for the Coversquirrel event was updated. But your rank is not there. Can you add it.

Added.
  • Malorick
    Malorick Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    All the lights went off, drums rolled and BOOOM!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Lock and Load proudly brings to you, it's analysis for High Stakes,
    pvp High Stakes (rank 47 with 16 361 pts)

1) pvp High Stakes -Great thanks to our top-performers, who are:
    D2KM_ 1 075 +1 (-21 pts)
    Salgy 1 068 +1 (+90 pts)
    joker says hi 1 049 +1 (+129 pts)
    Scoregasms 918 +7 (+127 pts)
    Mjmacka 917 -4 (-193 pts
    2) The lights dim, the music blares and the crowd erupts KA-BOOOUM!!! The return of the King of pvp D2KM- The crown is chanting D2KM clap clap D2KM clap clap. D2KM was able to stay one step ahead of Salgy who give everything that he had but it was not enough for the returning champ.
    3) Special Award achievement ("Come oh-so-close to winning the crown only to fall short again") to Salgy who continue to steal the show with his Amazing ascension to the top and beat again his personal record too.
    4) Special Award achievement ("1k") to Salgy for his first 1k ! What's next for him, King?
    5) Special Award achievement ("Top 5") to Scoregasms for his first top5 among us.
    6) Special Award achievement (“Im finally back!!”) to salmas that after a few steps back he return with a good performance.
    7) Our top 5 players have played for an average of 1 005 pts
    8) Our mid-top 5 players have played for an average of 849 pts
    9) We have played for a average per member of 818 pts. New record!!!!
    10) Great work to our top improvement performer in pvp, who made the more improvement, who are:
    joker says hi 1 049 +1 (+129 pts)
    Scoregasms 918 +7 (+127 pts)
    salmas 800 +4 (+123 pts)
    Salgy 1 068 +1 (+90 pts)
    Sikgimp 831 +4 (+83 pts)

Thanks for all your comment and rating in our last analysis, we have 6 followers that have identified themself when reading our analysis, I know that some of you are reading it but not rating it so go ahead and rate it so we can beat our record there.

Ps: Don't hesitate to comment/rate/propose new analysis, it s important you find what you need or want to read icon_e_smile.gif
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Need some help here guys

DK2M kindly sent me a tanking strategy, however this PvP has been a nightmare so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I beat all the seed teams fairly early on & a couple of weak teams then defeated the last seed team with loaner + Lv17 Ares & Lv1 Jug (both fully covered - does this make a difference?). Points total was 130ish

Left this for a while, got about 6 attacks & then attacked a strong team with loaner + 2 x Lv40 1 cover 3* & purposely lost.

Left for further 6 hours or so then climbed to approx. 330. Left a while longer climbed to 450 (staying between 30-50th place).

From 350 to 450 was largely weakish boosted Lthor (Lv130-160ish) + 2 lv 140's (hulks etc).

From 450 onwards never saw anything below Lv 200+ Lthor, XF & normally maxed top tier 3* (with some total maxed 270/270/249's in the mix)

A real struggle to get to 600 (only real strategy to beat these teams was Hulk + Patch (berserker rage) wait for hulk to recover - repeat.

In the last 1/2 hour of PvP obviously most of these teams have lined me up for retals & my score has plummeted back below 600. (this is 1st PvP in at least 9 months where been below 600).

As a side note I don't use shields so 650 is about the ceiling I can expect (cant afford the HP expenditure due to stupidly big roster).

Any help would be appreciated as this seem that the game is saying to me my natural level should be 450ish - having to attack stronger teams (with what amounts to a suicide bombing spree) ALL the time to get higher seems odd.

Sorry for length of post!
  • If I had to wager a guess, tanking at the end of a season probably won't help lower your MMR much at this point, at least not enough to make a noticeable difference. They also just revamped how MMR works I thought in this latest patch (which I have yet to apply, v69 FTW!! lol), so previous strategies like tanking may be OBE at this point, however YMMV and I am just speculating at this point.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I too, tried the tanking strategy D2KM (and others) have shared, with no noticeable difference... I did notice in the past several that if I went in 48ish hours before the event ended, I could get up to mid 700's before seeing a wall... This method does, however, require shields... I'm with you (now that I broke the 1k score barrier) I don't think I will do any sort of hopping... I am going into next season with the strategy that 8 hours before the event ends, go in, climb as high as possible & throw up an 8 hour shield... And be done with it... Depends on the feature character of course... Max character is easier to climb higher
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Are you guys experiencing the same thing though, ie from 430 points onwards only ever facing stronger teams?

Surely our rosters should be ahead of the curve.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Druss wrote:
    Are you guys experiencing the same thing though, ie from 430 points onwards only ever facing stronger teams?

Surely our rosters should be ahead of the curve.

You will face stronger teams as your points climb... The method that works for me works because it's early enough in the tournament that most strong teams have not started yet... Once they do, I'm shielded
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    From general forum reactions, it seems like they've reduced the value of tanking quite a bit (for quite a while now). Since MMR is going to be changed up pretty soon anyway, it's probably not worth the time commitment tanking at this point.
  • Malorick
    Can someone in Ll1 enter in our document or sent to me the last score for pvp Lord of thunder. I was in early slice and missed the result this morning. Thanks also dont foget Ll2 score with the season score also.

Edit. Thanks to Scoregasms I have the score for this pvp.
  • Great job team ! What a season.
    Safely inside top 50 in season. Awesome job from everybody.
    Great thanks to fellow commanders malorick & D2KM.
    You guys lead by example, strong pve & pvp throughout the season, and
    done a great job recruiting all those beasts haha.

Thanks for having me with you guys. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malorick
    The countdown begins, the curtain drops, the fireworks ignite and the crowd explodes. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Lock and Load proudly brings to you, it's analysis for the last events:
    pvp Lord of Thunder 14 952 rank 43
    pve Thick as Thieves 2 551 221 rank 13

1) pvp Lord of Thunder -Great thanks to our top-performers, who are:
    Mjmacka 1 039 +4 (+122 pts)
    D2KM_ 1 028 -1 (-47 pts)
    joker says hi 1 023 +0 (-26 pts)
    Malorick 876 +3 (+9 pts)
    Reid 840 +10 (+72 pts)
    2) BOOOM!! The place erupts into pyrotechnics, confetti and balloons falls,and the crowd pops loudly for Mjmacka.The contender#1 Mjmacka have taken back his crown in that revenge pvp. It was a clash of titans between Mjmacka, D2KM and joker says hi but MJmacka win that triple threat fight by beating the current champ. Now, the question is can D2KM return after this or we see the rising of a new contender#1 with joker says hi. Stay tune for our next events to see what will happen!!!!
    3) Special Award achievement ("Rising star") to joker says hi who continue to shine with his constant and excellent score in the top5 with 2 consecutives 1k score. Can he re-touch the gold now?
    4) Special Award achievement ("Top 5") to Reid who just beat his personal highscore and finished in our top5, well done!
    5) Special Award achievement (“Playing with the big guys Ain't Easy”) to OCJ80 who beat his personal highscore and it’S now part of our top10, good work and welcome to the big league!!!
    6) Our top 5 players have played for an average of 961 pts
    7) Our mid-top 5 players have played for an average of 759 pts
    8) We have played for an average per member of 748 pts.
    9) Great work to our top improvement performer in pvp, who made the more improvement, who are:
    Mjmacka 1 039 +4 (+122 pts)
    OCJ80 +8 (+74 pts)
    Reid 840 +10 (+72 pts)

1) Pve Thick as thieves - Great thanks to our top-performers, who are:
    Malorick 205 007 +0
    Scoregasms 197 225 +2
    antreas1911 172 738 +9
    Darkron 156 448 +0
    Mjmacka 153 491 +2
    2) The King continue his undefeated streak! Malorick keep the crown of King of pve. A perfect season for the King who defeated Scoregasms in an epic pve, surviving a d3p conspiracy that give a big advantage to Scoregasms with a bonus lead of 4.5k bug. I was able to extend my streak to 5-0.
    3) Special Award Achievement (“King of the King”) - Malorick continue to be the king of the pve with his fith win in a row, a complete season undefeated in pve. What else I can add?
    4 Special Award Achievement (“Unleash the Beast”) to Scoregasms that was leading in the alliance and have unleashed the Beast in me, it was another good fight for the crown!
    5) Special Award Achievement (“Stand Back! There's a Hurricane Comin' Through!?”) to antreas1911 who return in the top5 with a incredible performance and that was constantly in the top during the whole events.
    6) Special Award Achievement (“What?”) to OCJ80 who didn’t see this coming and missed the top5, not easy to be in the big league, competition is strong among us. Continue your good work, you still have it.
    7) We have played for an average per member of 127 561 pts, and had only 9 members that have play below our average, so better performance from everybody we really have a strong top 5 that have increase our average.
    8) Our top 5 players have play for a average of 179 982 pts
    9) Our mid-top 5 players have play for a average of 132 011 pts
    10) Our mid-bottom 5 players have play for a average of 109 615 pts
    11) Our bottom 5 players have play for a average of 91 637 pts
    12) Great work to our top improvement performer in pve, who made the more improvement in their rank among us in pve, who are:
    antreas1911 172 738 +9
    darensteele 127 374 +7
    13) We beat our little sister alliance with rank 13 vs 50, so we win the season finale 3-2.
    14) We have 8 of our members in the top10 overall among both alliance, so solid performance here.
    15) Thanks to our 7 followers (New record!!!) that like our analysis, dont be shy and like it so we can see who is reading this.

Season analysis will come later this week.

Ps: Don't hesitate to comment/rate/propose new analysis, it’s important you find what you need or want to read icon_e_smile.gif
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    LL2 what'd we get for PVE, I had Checking Internet Connection this morning before work so I couldn't see.... t50??

There were 3 hours left when I went to bed and we were in like 28.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    First season completed with you guys.

First i want to thank my good friend Daransteele (AKA the fearsome bugman) who introduced me to this great alliance.

Then the two commanders for accepting me.

And lastly but not least every single member of L&L1 for their contribution to our great team and for keeping the in game chat and this thread alive with their comments.

As for season XI that begins in Thursday? Every battle will be something like this: "ή ταν ή επι τας" ΑΚΑ "with your shield or on it"
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    LL2 what'd we get for PVE, I had Checking Internet Connection this morning before work so I couldn't see.... t50??

There were 3 hours left when I went to bed and we were in like 28.
    We barely eeked out top 50. By a whole 3000 points. Whew!
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Awesome!~ Thanks Trisul!!!

Good Job Everyone!!!!!
  • Hello all LL2 members. I wanted to post this here as the game chat is terrible.

For next season - we're looking to put in place some very easy minimums. First off for PVP - we're looking at a minimum of 500 per event, plus the usual 1000ish in SIM. That should be attainable for everyone in the group. Just to be clear - this is a minimum that we're looking for. More points are - of course - appreciated!

Now for PVE: for events that are NOT 4* releases the minimum will be 150% of max progression. Most of us blow past that with days to spare.
    For 4* release events, the minimum will be 200% of max progression. this is to eliminate the issues we ran into at the end of the Starlord PVE where we had to replace a couple members we didn't want to kick. Obtaining the new characters is necessary for the group for the following PVE, and doing 200% of progression should be enough to assure that.

As always - if anyone has any real life issues that will prevent them from playing, just let any of us know, and the rest of the group will pick up the slack. The biggest thing is communication.

Thanks - and any questions or issues - just PM us.
  • d0nk3y
    Trisul wrote:
    We barely eeked out top 50. By a whole 3000 points. Whew!

And this right here is why every little point matters... that one last grind, that one last attempt at a node... one more before bed, etc. If each one of us had just put up 150 points fewer, we would have been 51st place. In an event where the final score for our alliance was 2.3 MILLION, you're talking a margin of victory of less than one tenth of one percent of our total score. That is a slim fraggin' margin, but I'll take it.
  • Congrats LL2 on making T50! Though, I do feel bad for whoever ended up 51st, that has got to suuuuuck to miss out on a 4* cover by that slim a margin. Kudos for pulling it out, especially with the all the Merc activity I heard rumblings was going on near the end.
  • ojcAust
    ojcAust Posts: 140
    Excellent work on the top 50 finish little sister. I know this one was hard. Everyone going for a 4*. Glad you hit it in the end. Each grind of that node is now worth it. Snickerdog and Donkey, sounds like you did what had to be done for the greater good. Excellent Commanding.
    Just watching Malorick and Scoregasms battle it out for the pve crown is incredible. These two Juggernauts feed off each others score. I shudder to think what this next pve shall bring ....... hopefully the return to the top 5 for me at least icon_e_smile.gif
  • d0nk3y
    ojcAust wrote:
    Excellent work on the top 50 finish little sister. I know this one was hard. Everyone going for a 4*. Glad you hit it in the end. Each grind of that node is now worth it. Snickerdog and Donkey, sounds like you did what had to be done for the greater good. Excellent Commanding.
    Just watching Malorick and Scoregasms battle it out for the pve crown is incredible. These two Juggernauts feed off each others score. I shudder to think what this next pve shall bring ....... hopefully the return to the top 5 for me at least icon_e_smile.gif

I wish it was myself and Snick that did things... truth be told, it was Sherlock that took on the burden and did both the recruiting and the kicking for the mercs. That was a nasty position to be stuck in, but he took care of it. The commanders decided but he executed, and for that I say he gets the credit.

Thanks again, Sherlock. You were both a-hole and savior in the Starlord PvE. My apologies to those members that got cut; it was sudden and it was rude, but it was necessary.